ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just dipped my toe back into the Masterpiece pool with MP Hot Rodimus. Very happy with him. So much more straightforward and "neat" compared to the last MP Rod, which to my recollection was a panel-y mess and very finicky to get into alt mode.

Sort of echoing what Soundwave just stated - I feel like Ultra Magnus should be my next purchase....

Primal keeps looking better and better.

masterpiece_optimus_primal_gorilla.jpg

masterpiece_optimus_primal_guns.jpg

masterpiece_optimus_primal_swords.jpg

I'm really impressed how they pay attention to detail on Optimus Primals 3d model shading. The scuffed rough plastic look represents how he did in the show. I'm pretty sure you will be able to feel the texture.

soundwave,
I have good news for you....Fans Toys are doing another run of Bombshell.

Here's the link,
Fans Toys FT-12T Grenadier (purple) - TFs Express

Congrats on getting Hot Rod, he's not a character that interests me but I hope you have fun with the figure.

Thanks for the heads up buddy, pleased to see that there will be another chance to grab him..order going in ASAP

Yeah I know HR isn't for everyone & he has his haters in the fandom but as I kid I thought he was pretty cool & knew I needed him to replace my super fragile MP-09

Still feeling that BW Primal is a bit of a silly move on TT part.
I would prefer that the MP line was G1 exclusive but I see why he's coming...just wish he wasn't & they were doing something (Anything) else

Neil

Thanks for the heads up buddy, pleased to see that there will be another chance to grab him..order going in ASAP

Yeah I know HR isn't for everyone & he has his haters in the fandom but as I kid I thought he was pretty cool & knew I needed him to replace my super fragile MP-09

Still feeling that BW Primal is a bit of a silly move on TT part.
I would prefer that the MP line was G1 exclusive but I see why he's coming...just wish he wasn't & they were doing something (Anything) else

Neil

I saw the Bombshell news on Facebook and immediately thought of you. I'm glad you'll be able to get the figure without having to pay silly prices for it. One safety tip....be careful with the antenna on the headsculpt as there's been the odd report of breakages but as long as you're careful it should be fine.

I had G1 Hot Rod as a kid so I don't dislike him that much but l think I'll wait and see what the actual prototype of the Fans Toys one looks like as MP28 has the same squashed look to the vehicle mode as MP09 which I am not a fan of. It looks like a Dinobot sat on it :lol

I think Optimus Primal looks very bland in either mode, if it's an indication of how the Beast Wars cartoon looked I'm glad I never bothered with it.

That said, it makes a change from endless carbot and Seeker repaints and fans of another era get something to be excited about so it's not entirely without it's merits.

Just received Ocular Max Jaguar. The bot mode looks good and I really enjoyed the transformation, first 3rd party in a while I've felt safe transforming by trial and error. I'm definitely interested in the prospect of their Rumble and Frenzy.

Just received Ocular Max Jaguar. The bot mode looks good and I really enjoyed the transformation, first 3rd party in a while I've felt safe transforming by trial and error. I'm definitely interested in the prospect of their Rumble and Frenzy.

MMC Ravage is a thing of beauty, it's the first time the character feels like a proper figure in it's own right and not a glorified accessory and I'm itching to see the prototype for the Frumble mold which is said to be around the same height as MP Bumblebee in robot mode.

I'm really impressed how they pay attention to detail on Optimus Primals 3d model shading. The scuffed rough plastic look represents how he did in the show. I'm pretty sure you will be able to feel the texture.
They were essentially toys in the show.

Animated toys basically.

Maybe that was nod to the G1 series in how the toys didn't quite look like they did in the show. And some of them looked nothing like they did in the show (Ironhide, Ratchet)

Animated toys basically.

Maybe that was nod to the G1 series in how the toys didn't quite look like they did in the show. And some of them looked nothing like they did in the show (Ironhide, Ratchet)

Yes agreed. I never watched Beast Wars as a kid. I'm watching them now as an adult. I feel they are very hard to watch, maybe it's because I have no nostalgic connection to them. What I hate about the show is them always saying "name_Maximize" or "name_Terrorize". They say this many many times in each episode. I also dont like the background music, as I find it harsh sounding.

Either way I do like how Takara is staying true to the 3D model that was in the actual show. I will buy him just because he is part of the Masterpiece line. I dont know how he will fit in with any of the G1 MP bots. I'm guessing they will do Beast Wars Megatron next.

Animated toys basically.

The G1 Ironhide & Ratchet toys didn't look like they did in the cartoon because they were designed several years before the Transformers brand ever existed.

Takara's Diaclone and Micro Change lines were where the first few years of G1 Transformers came from and in that continuity the robots were piloted by humans.

The Transformers rebranding came about when a couple of Hasbro reps saw the Diaclone and Micro Change toys at a toy show in Japan and thought it'd be something that might prove popular in their markets.

The G1 character names and backstories came from various people at Hasbro and also Marvel who did the original comics.

When Sunbow did the cartoon they made the change to Ironhide & Ratchet because if they'd stayed toy accurate it wouldn't have made sense as they didn't have human pilots in the Transformers continuity.

The G1 Ironhide & Ratchet toys didn't look like they did in the cartoon because they were designed several years before the Transformers brand ever existed.

Takara's Diaclone and Micro Change lines were where the first few years of G1 Transformers came from and in that continuity the robots were piloted by humans.

The Transformers rebranding came about when a couple of Hasbro reps saw the Diaclone and Micro Change toys at a toy show in Japan and thought it'd be something that might prove popular in their markets.

The G1 character names and backstories came from various people at Hasbro and also Marvel who did the original comics.

When Sunbow did the cartoon they made the change to Ironhide & Ratchet because if they'd stayed toy accurate it wouldn't have made sense as they didn't have human pilots in the Transformers continuity.

Yeah, I am 40 years old. Been around a little while.. :wink1: I played with the toys when I was a kid in the 80s. Had the whole collection.

So I am aware of the what all that. Just kept my post short. lol.

Yeah, I am 40 years old. Been around a little while.. :wink1: I played with the toys when I was a kid in the 80s. Had the whole collection.

So I am aware of the what all that. Just kept my post short. lol.

OK, no problem, I just wasn't sure if you were aware that the original toys existed long before the cartoon.

Thanks for the history lesson. I was really young when I played with the transformers in the 80s and always thought it was strange how different a bunch of them looked from the cartoon. Later I learned some of the history but I never knew that about Ironhide. As a little kid I was upset that they butchered his toy so badly because at that time in my simple and innocent mind everything stemmed from the cartoon.

Yes agreed. I never watched Beast Wars as a kid. I'm watching them now as an adult. I feel they are very hard to watch, maybe it's because I have no nostalgic connection to them. What I hate about the show is them always saying "name_Maximize" or "name_Terrorize". They say this many many times in each episode. I also dont like the background music, as I find it harsh sounding.

Either way I do like how Takara is staying true to the 3D model that was in the actual show. I will buy him just because he is part of the Masterpiece line. I dont know how he will fit in with any of the G1 MP bots. I'm guessing they will do Beast Wars Megatron next.
Watch for what it is. Don't go watching it thinking it will take you back to remembering G1.

It is better to watch it with the idea lf it being something else. And the the connections to G1 come, they will make sense and is all explained there and in Beast Machines.

I grew up with G1 and I watched BW when it was being aired. To date, BW is my favorite TF show, followed by Amimated, and then G1.

Thanks for the history lesson. I was really young when I played with the transformers in the 80s and always thought it was strange how different a bunch of them looked from the cartoon. Later I learned some of the history but I never knew that about Ironhide. As a little kid I was upset that they butchered his toy so badly because at that time in my simple and innocent mind everything stemmed from the cartoon.
Yeah, I never had the toy as a kid, but my cousins did, and I remember being totally confused about the whole thing. This:

LOPORd6.jpg

Looks more like some kind of weird weapon than an anthropoidal robot. I just couldn't process what was going on. I wonder how, behind the scenes, some Hasbro creative guy decided that this should be one of the Diaclone figures to make the cut, given that.

Glad you found it intresting!

I found it odd as a kid that some figures had seats for tiny figures but never included them and it was only years later once I got online that I found out about the origins of the brand.

Here's a pic I found of Diaclone Ironhide complete with a 3 man crew,

Seen like that, the design makes a lot more sense.

Back