ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received Ultra Magnus and Hot Rod from Hobbylink Japan today - my first-ever order from them. I opted for EMS shipping, and it took all of one day to go from Japan to the States. But then took a ridiculous 5 additional days (including the weekend) to clear customs and travel a single state over. I was also surprised to have the package arrive today as the tracking information had stopped updating once they cleared customs.

Hot Rod is great! Love the color, fluid transformation, great head sculpt, and very well articulated. Magnus is great in robot mode, but I'm still wrapping my head around his transformation from robot to truck; the trailer involves a lot of pegging things into place and they don't hold as well as I would expect. But he's definitely a joy going from vehicle to robot.

The two look great together, and I wouldn't have wanted one without the other as a sole season three character in an all-season one collection just wouldn't have looked right to me. This way I can display the two separately!

Yeah, I never had the toy as a kid, but my cousins did, and I remember being totally confused about the whole thing. This:

LOPORd6.jpg

Looks more like some kind of weird weapon than an anthropoidal robot. I just couldn't process what was going on. I wonder how, behind the scenes, some Hasbro creative guy decided that this should be one of the Diaclone figures to make the cut, given that.

Yeah, the Iron Hide toy was pretty hard to reconcile with his cartoon look. As a kid, I remember thinking that mine was incomplete or broken because there was no way this was how it was supposed to look!

OK, no problem, I just wasn't sure if you were aware that the original toys existed long before the cartoon.

Yeah. I knew.

The Beast Wars show was phenomenal though. I remember vividly catching an episode for the first time in 95, right when it came out. Saw guerrilla running through the jungle and animals transforming. didn't quite know what to make of it.. :dunno Starting seeing the toys in the stores too then. So I started watching it. Didn't really get into to until after Transmetals. Thats when I first realized they were on earth pre-G1 era, I ****ing freaked! In a great way.

And then seeing them discover the ArK and the merging of sparks. Bad ass it was. :thud:

Yeah the maxamize and terrorize bit was corny as well as some small other things but the show added to the mythology a great deal.

Something the Movies stopped doing after 1st film

I received Ultra Magnus and Hot Rod from Hobbylink Japan today - my first-ever order from them. I opted for EMS shipping, and it took all of one day to go from Japan to the States. But then took a ridiculous 5 additional days (including the weekend) to clear customs and travel a single state over. I was also surprised to have the package arrive today as the tracking information had stopped updating once they cleared customs.

Hot Rod is great! Love the color, fluid transformation, great head sculpt, and very well articulated. Magnus is great in robot mode, but I'm still wrapping my head around his transformation from robot to truck; the trailer involves a lot of pegging things into place and they don't hold as well as I would expect. But he's definitely a joy going from vehicle to robot.

The two look great together, and I wouldn't have wanted one without the other as a sole season three character in an all-season one collection just wouldn't have looked right to me. This way I can display the two separately!

What date was it shipped from HLJ?

Coz I still have not received my order from HLJ that was shipped last January 9. Should've used EMS. They said to contact them on March 30 if I still don't receive anything.

What date was it shipped from HLJ?

Coz I still have not received my order from HLJ that was shipped last January 9. Should've used EMS. They said to contact them on March 30 if I still don't receive anything.
I received my shipping notice late Thursday, February 25th, but the package wasn't actually collected from their facility until the next morning the 26th. It was in the 'States on the 27th, and then delivered to me one State away four days later on March 2nd.

All things transformers!!!!

Held on ordering this guys for what it seems to be an eternity.

ad576928bd67dbf11dce560d568fb7df.jpg

While I'll still like and support TT, I think these guys are built better than anything else I have at the moment. Spectacular job by FT.

Ordered Hound and Galvatron.

Will most likely order Perceptor as well.

I can not imagine a Skyfire or an Omega Supreme with the amount of Diecast these guys put on their figures.

I love you TT, and I love how your TF's look. But these guys have you beat as far as built quality. I still think TT gets the aesthetic the best though, and their HS's are better.

I'm a convert.

I received my shipping notice late Thursday, February 25th, but the package wasn't actually collected from their facility until the next morning the 26th. It was in the 'States on the 27th, and then delivered to me one State away four days later on March 2nd.
I always use one of the express-type services from HLJ (either EMS or FedEx). This time, FedEx was $5 cheaper for me ($15 for Hot Rod and Ironhide). It is scheduled to arrive today, and I paid for shipping on Friday I think? The money you save with the slower shipping isn't much in the cases of what I typically order from them. You may save $6-7, but have to wait a month or more vs. less than a week? No thanks.

Yes, the non-waterslide ones. I have waterslide, but am looking for the dry transfer, but not the stickers. Does reprolabels have dry transfer? Thanks!

Re: All things transformers!!!!

Held on ordering this guys for what it seems to be an eternity.

ad576928bd67dbf11dce560d568fb7df.jpg

While I'll still like and support TT, I think these guys are built better than anything else I have at the moment. Spectacular job by FT.

Ordered Hound and Galvatron.

Will most likely order Perceptor as well.

I can not imagine a Skyfire or an Omega Supreme with the amount of Diecast these guys put on their figures.

I love you TT, and I love how your TF's look. But these guys have you beat as far as built quality. I still think TT gets the aesthetic the best though, and their HS's are better.

I'm a convert.

Glad you like the Insecticons, I can't wait for Kickback to complete the trio.

I think they'll be smart with Skyfire and Omega Supreme and only put diecast in places where it's sensible.

If they made a figure of that size and went too crazy with diecast it'd lead to all kinds of issues with paint chipping, joints being too heavy to work properly and robot modes that struggle to stand under their own weight. Scoria probably had a bit too much diecast but they just about got away with it as they offered replacement parts to anyone who had issues.

Should they ever do the Constructicons I think they'll only put diecast in the bots that form Devastators legs as that'll keep the combined mode stable.

Perceptor doesn't have a lot of diecast, there's just a bit in the feet but the quality of the plastic is fine.

If you get him be careful if you decide to swap the stock blue parts over for the more cartoon accurate ones as the screws tend to strip very easily.

There also seems to be a slight difference in how the cartoon accurate forearms and thighs are molded as the screws don't fit as well ( or didn't on mine ) which makes it a bit scary when tightening them due to the aforementioned possibility of stripping them.

It's FT's weakest figure, but still a solid 8/10.

Re: All things transformers!!!!

Glad you like the Insecticons, I can't wait for Kickback to complete the trio.

I think they'll be smart with Skyfire and Omega Supreme and only put diecast in places where it's sensible.

If they made a figure of that size and went too crazy with diecast it'd lead to all kinds of issues with paint chipping, joints being too heavy to work properly and robot modes that struggle to stand under their own weight. Scoria probably had a bit too much diecast but they just about got away with it as they offered replacement parts to anyone who had issues.

Should they ever do the Constructicons I think they'll only put diecast in the bots that form Devastators legs as that'll keep the combined mode stable.

Perceptor doesn't have a lot of diecast, there's just a bit in the feet but the quality of the plastic is fine.

If you get him be careful if you decide to swap the stock blue parts over for the more cartoon accurate ones as the screws tend to strip very easily.

There also seems to be a slight difference in how the cartoon accurate forearms and thighs are molded as the screws don't fit as well ( or didn't on mine ) which makes it a bit scary when tightening them due to the aforementioned possibility of stripping them.

It's FT's weakest figure, but still a solid 8/10.

Thanks!

I truly love these two lil' bastards! Can't put them down. I remember when I was young and got my Godsigma (A Chokogin robot) and the thing felt like a dream when handled. These guys remind me of that.

I got Perceptor and Reflector on my pile of loot. Might as well wait for Hound too.

I'm also getting Maketoys Chromedome as well as Hardhead (big fan of Targetnaster/Powermasters) so I can't wait for those either.

I hear MT's quality is also real good, so we'll see.

Aside from Blustreak, there's not repaint I want.

But this was just announced:

1429185e51c1c39616d0fda236c5ae67.jpg

Huge fan of the diaclone version of this guy. Must buy.

Sorry for the crap photo.

Back