ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm personally just as happy without light-up gimmicks, but for something like this, where it hearkens back to an old toy from our childhoods, I can totally support it.
Agreed! Especially in a scenario like this where it doesn't hinder the toy in any other way whatsoever; the electronics are all neatly tucked away in his forearm, unlike the G1 toy from the 80's whose entire upper body was stuffed with electronic components to achieve the same affect (plus sound effects).

...at least here it will appear to be lit somewhat. Same applies to HT's Ironmen,dont think I turn on the lights on any of them except for taking photos.
And that's exactly why I'm cool with light-piping :)

yes, his gun hand lights up, which in turn lights up the barrel in alt mode.

71jND9y%2BdQL._SL1100_.jpg

61F3o1TGhiL._SL1100_.jpg

In the image below you can see the battery compartment on his left lower arm (the hose is just for aesthetics and doesn't run power from a giant 9-volt battery in the backpack like the G1 toy) :)

51Kdu-9AefL._SL1100_.jpg

Side note: I like the way the trigger from his gun mode disappears in robot mode. That's another nice little update from the G1 toy.

71ENR7F3irL._SL1100_.jpg

How much is this figure and where can it be purchased?

It's pretty much a given there will be a 3rd party add on head with light up features. I don't get upgrades for my MP's, but would probably grab one if it's made.

How much is this figure and where can it be purchased?

Try HLJ.com for the cheapest prices and they also charge when ready to ship.

It's priced about $50+ if bought domestically (BBTS, etc)

It retails for about $100 in Japanese stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to Laserwave - Shockwave release indeed!

An update from tfw2005.com

TF-Direct posted on their FB page today "Coming soon, Estimated Arrival: the end of October to early of November, 2015".

https://www.facebook.com/tfdashdirec...notify_me_page

I'm skeptical on the ETA of that, but it's definitely welcomed.

:exactly:

But I will keep checking the other site for any updates.

Yup. Bring it.

My two are paid for anyway. Can't wait to finally open a MP box with a new deception mold in it, it's been a WHILE!!!

You guys do know that "estimated arrival: end of October/early November" from TF-Direct is in regards to the unlicensed 3rd party shockwave figure by Cloud9 - NOT the official Takara-Tomy Masterpiece Shockwave scheduled for March, yes?

I'm having a weird memory about Hasbro G1 Soundwave. We weren't rich so all I could do was look from a far and salivate from the toys my schoolmates had back then.

So I was in first grade when a schoolmate of mine brought his Soundwave to school and while he was showing it off to his friends, I heard a sound effect come from soundwave. It sounded like his voice from the cartoon and I thought "Wow! That's so cool!". Recently, I searched about Soundwave (G1 toy) and I didn't find any mention of a sound effect feature on it but I have this clear memory of it.

Really weird! :duh

Thanks guys. :duff

A) Who is this guy?

and

B) What's he doing in this thread? Shouldn't he be watching Avengers 2 again or something?

I got an anonymous tip that some unruly Cajun was stirring up trouble in this thread and thought I'd better investigate.

AMIAMI.COM is cheaper by 850 yen on Shockwave. Also cheaper on Hot Rod. Pretty much everything is cheaper at AmiAmi.

AMIAMI.COM is cheaper by 850 yen on Shockwave. Also cheaper on Hot Rod. Pretty much everything is cheaper at AmiAmi.

Anime Export has always been the cheapest. Pre pay and take advantage of the Dollar to the Yen right now. You can still stack shipping for 60 days with Anime Export.

AmiAmi
List Price
18,144 JPY
Our Price
30%OFF
12,590 JPY
/
/
Anime Export
Retail Price:
16800 Yen
Discount:
30 % OFF
Our Price:
11760 Yen

Currency exchange fees!

One additional cost I hadn't considered when ordering directly from Japan is currency exchange fees from my bank/credit card. That could negate most of the savings from ordering overseas in a hurry. If one uses the Paypal checkout method for HLJ, does Paypal charge exchange fees? Which, if any, shops charge your credit card in your country's currency to avoid these fees?

In other news, Shockwave's box looks fantastic! We also get a look at his back without the "stand" slipped over the gun canon here, along with the arm attached to said canon that allows him to transform without being a partsformer.

img_4.jpg

All things transformers!!!!

One additional cost I hadn't considered when ordering directly from Japan is currency exchange fees from my bank/credit card. That could negate most of the savings from ordering overseas in a hurry. If one uses the Paypal checkout method for HLJ, does Paypal charge exchange fees? Which, if any, shops charge your credit card in your country's currency to avoid these fees?

In other news, Shockwave's box looks fantastic! We also get a look at his back without the "stand" slipped over the gun canon here, along with the arm attached to said canon that allows him to transform without being a partsformer.

img_4.jpg

Exchange fees have never been a problem, at least in my experience. My totals have always been what the vendor (HJL, etc) calculated at first. Never been charged anything else.

It's amazing how great Shockwave looks. I have so many friends that weren't even aware of the MP line that have been asking about a pic a post on FB. It's likely their first ever TF purchase since we were all kids. Amazing.

thecorsair,

Thanks for the pics buddy! I'm having a hard time resisting Bombshell!

they charge whatever the currency they accept is. and paypal handles the transaction. YES, paypal charges exchange fees. Usually it's about 1$usd per 100$ spent. and paypal factors this in, you only ever see it if you go look at the detailed transaction breakdown. it will not show up as an extra charge.

Back