ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm super impressed with that Custom Starscream...I had to double take a few times to make sure it's not just a phtotshop but man it's grea

to get something broken down, a good paint job, and put back together... 5 hours is impossible! not calling you a liar, and i'm not a master either... but i have gotten good with the MP10 mold, modding it w/ custom made parts, leds, custom paint, etc...

as examples:
g2 from YOTH

YOTH rework

MP10B custom

another YOTH

these are just a few that i've had jobs that i've taken on for people that have asked me in the past...
and got very good with breaking down MP10... and even minor custom jobs w/ detail painting took 20+ hours. the more detailed stuff w/ full repaints took easily double that.

I sent the guy that had the auction running a message appreciating his work and asked him an estimate on total hours for the build... and just as i estimated on the hours...

his response:
"Wow. Thanks Jason. This has about 10 hours in parts and 40 hours in paint. Good guess. 3d printed face with modified shoulders, chests, leg wing assemblies and all new feet. The chest and shoulders fit any version of the MP mold and allow the weapons to sit higher on the arm. If there is enough interest, I may cast the parts in colored resin for each seeker. Give the the MP shelf a shot of Energon 'Roids. Thanks for your support and please, if you don't mind, share a link with me to sideshow. I'd like to see the feedback. Good or Bad. "

Wow man those are stunning.
If I could afford to get that done I'd love to, your work is unreal & really makes Prime.
I mean he's fine as he is but the extra details & bits just make him pop so much

Well done on the great work

Neil

If anyone in the Toronto area is looking for an TRU MP-07 Starscream, the ToysRUs at Markville shopping centre still has a few. If you call them, they will put it aside for you for pick up later that day. $89 CAD....

I'm super impressed with that Custom Starscream...I had to double take a few times to make sure it's not just a phtotshop but man it's grea

Wow man those are stunning.
If I could afford to get that done I'd love to, your work is unreal & really makes Prime.
I mean he's fine as he is but the extra details & bits just make him pop so much

Well done on the great work

Neil

thanks man! there are so many details in these figures that get lost... they are great on their own but can really pop when the details are brought out!

to get something broken down, a good paint job, and put back together... 5 hours is impossible! not calling you a liar, and i'm not a master either... but i have gotten good with the MP10 mold, modding it w/ custom made parts, leds, custom paint, etc...
That's fair enough, and I was doing Alternators customs, which may not be as complicated as the newer figures, but I think one of the differences of opinion here is what should constitute time included in creating a custom. The seller saying 40 hours in paint doesn't mean he spent a week painting. Surely, he's calculating time with paint drying, etc. So sure, it could take a week to finish a custom, but the actual man hours wouldn't be 40-50 hours.

Just placed my first order on Hobbylink Japan for Shockwave due in March. Then, i broke my Season One figures-only rule and placed a second order for the Magnus reissue and Hot Rod figure due in February. They just look too freakin' good together.

54091399jw1ewrv8dgqioj20n40rsjwy.jpg

magnus-and-hot-rod-vehicle-mode.jpg

Just placed my first order on Hobbylink Japan for Shockwave due in March. Then, i broke my Season One figures-only rule and placed a second order for the Magnus reissue and Hot Rod figure due in February. They just look too freakin' good together.

View attachment 215229

View attachment 215230

Wow. Its like they just came out of the movie.

Can't wait, in fact I might just get a second UM now, as I don't see Hasbro doing a TRU release.

Hell, just ordered a second UM along with a second Ironhide and Tracks.

Last edited:
man they do look good together!

is there any big difference ordering from HLJ vs. amine export? i see there's a sig price difference between the 2...

Last edited:

is there any big difference ordering from HLJ vs. amine export? i see there's a sig price difference between the 2...

HLJ is pay item and your choice of shipping on release. AE is pay for item up front and your choice of shipping on release

AE charges more for shipping, but usually still comes in at the same price or a few $$ less (so it's pretty much a wash).

Negatives:

AE has poor to non-existent customer service if something goes wrong.
HLJ has been known to 'oversell' orders thus dropping people's orders out of the blue (only known to happen on the cassettes and possibly Exhaust as far as MP's go)

Either one is fine. I went with AE cause I have have the cash now and like to break up the payment (item now/shipping later) and since I order other stuff from them I can combine to save on shipping (which you can also do at HLJ with Private Warehouse).

Holy Heck! FT Stomp looks sooooooooo good. Can't wait to get him.

Bombshell is looking great. Will be picking one up when I can free up some cash.

Stomp looks amazing. Can't wait to complete my dinos :yess:

Bob

Bombshell turned out great, I expected no less from FT. I really like the purple chest over the grey one and the overall look of the figure in both modes is fantastic.

A few of the joints are scary tight but as long as you take some care and don't try and force anything you'll be fine. During the transformation there's a couple of instances where a bit of force is required to lock things together but it mentions the exact points in the manual so if you follow that there'll be no issues.

One nice bonus was the little Energon cubes which I didn't know came with it until I opened the box. I haven't tried swapping out the insect legs yet as I think the articulated ones look fine.

Bring on Shrapnel & Kickback!

Sludge is my second favorite Dinobot after Grimlock so I'm very happy with how Stomp is looking.

It's also intresting that FT have a Combiner Wars Devastator, I'm guessing their designer will have gone over it with a fine tooth comb to see how everything works just in case there's anything of value to be taken from it and used if they decide to make the character.

All things transformers!!!!

Bombshell turned out great, I expected no less from FT. I really like the purple chest over the grey one and the overall look of the figure in both modes is fantastic.

A few of the joints are scary tight but as long as you take some care and don't try and force anything you'll be fine. During the transformation there's a couple of instances where a bit of force is required to lock things together but it mentions the exact points in the manual so if you follow that there'll be no issues.

One nice bonus was the little Energon cubes which I didn't know came with it until I opened the box. I haven't tried swapping out the insect legs yet as I think the articulated ones look fine.

Bring on Shrapnel & Kickback!

Sludge is my second favorite Dinobot after Grimlock so I'm very happy with how Stomp is looking.

It's also intresting that FT have a Combiner Wars Devastator, I'm guessing their designer will have gone over it with a fine tooth comb to see how everything works just in case there's anything of value to be taken from it and used if they decide to make the character.

Could you post a side by side with Bombshell and Bee if you get a minute? I'd assume they are the same size?

This whole Tf collecting is turning expensive, specially with doubles of everything. I just don't know if i want the cartoon accurate version or the toy one...

Also, I usually avoid reprints like the plague, but this guy is one of the exemptions.

Gorgeous:

3185e09f78eadda73e6fd6584121f029.jpg

Last edited:

I've been asking the same questions over the past few days and from what I've gathered:

1. Hobbylink Japan's customer support is stellar while Anime Export's is virtually non-existent. Example, HLJ while pay to have a defective product shipped back to them in Japan, while you'll be lucky if you can even get someone at Anime Export to speak to you let alone replace your product.

2. Hobbylink Japan doesn't require money upfront and is cool with cancelations while the opposite is true of Anime Export.

3. Hobbylink Japan's shipping is supposedly cheaper, which may balance out their price differences, but I can't vouch for that.

Bombshell looks awesome. I got the grey version on Saturday but was out of town and haven't had a chance to open him up yet.

Can't wait to get Sludge. I'm really excited about getting the set of Dinobots completed. I probably won't end up using them but the cartoon eyes are hilarious.

Also, I usually avoid reprints like the plague, but this guy is one of the exemptions.

Gorgeous:

dam i keep wanting to resist that guy! i keep telling myself 3 versions on the same shelf is enough! but he does look so good!

HLJ is pay item and your choice of shipping on release. AE is pay for item up front and your choice of shipping on release

AE charges more for shipping, but usually still comes in at the same price or a few $$ less (so it's pretty much a wash).

Negatives:

AE has poor to non-existent customer service if something goes wrong.
HLJ has been known to 'oversell' orders thus dropping people's orders out of the blue (only known to happen on the cassettes and possibly Exhaust as far as MP's go)

Either one is fine. I went with AE cause I have have the cash now and like to break up the payment (item now/shipping later) and since I order other stuff from them I can combine to save on shipping (which you can also do at HLJ with Private Warehouse).

Holy Heck! FT Stomp looks sooooooooo good. Can't wait to get him.

I've been asking the same questions over the past few days and from what I've gathered:

1. Hobbylink Japan's customer support is stellar while Anime Export's is virtually non-existent. Example, HLJ while pay to have a defective product shipped back to them in Japan, while you'll be lucky if you can even get someone at Anime Export to speak to you let alone replace your product.

2. Hobbylink Japan doesn't require money upfront and is cool with cancelations while the opposite is true of Anime Export.

3. Hobbylink Japan's shipping is supposedly cheaper, which may balance out their price differences, but I can't vouch for that.

cool thx for the info guys

Re: All things transformers!!!!

Could you post a side by side with Bombshell and Bee if you get a minute? I'd assume they are the same size?

This whole Tf collecting is turning expensive, specially with doubles of everything. I just don't know if i want the cartoon accurate version or the toy one...

Gorgeous:

I'll do a shot once my camera battery has recharged.

Bombshell is taller than Bumblebee in robot mode but not as tall as the regular carbots which is bang on for the scale chart.

I love my blue Bluestreaks, I've wanted that color scheme since the G1 packaging and to finally get it on one of my favorite official molds was awesome.

Back