ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 166
That side view of Tracks was scary with all the emptiness and hollowness but I'm still going to get him. Disappointed though that something like this was allowed to happen from Takara.

That side view of Tracks was scary with all the emptiness and hollowness but I'm still going to get him. Disappointed though that something like this was allowed to happen from Takara.

I'm pretty use to all the hollowness in these MP cars. I guess the hollowness in these toys = mass shifting in cartoons and if that's the middle ground, I'm fine as long as the robot and alt modes look as good as they've always been.

I'm pretty use to all the hollowness in these MP cars. I guess the hollowness in these toys = mass shifting in cartoons and if that's the middle ground, I'm fine as long as the robot and alt modes look as good as they've always been.

The designers are also restricted by the budget they're given and the pricepoint per unit that they have to meet.

For MP12 Shogo Hasui mentioned he struggled to come up with something that allowed for the figure to include the missile launcher as well as the gun but as we've seen since the success of Sideswipe lead to an increased budget on future carbots which allowed for more retooling on characters that shared a mold and more accessories to be included with some figures.

I agree, very nice display! Always refreshing to see a clean, uncluttered shelf with plenty of room for the figures to breath. Looks great!

Here's my humble Masterpiece collection, featuring the ghosts of the coming soon! :D

View attachment 216218

Thanks! Nice looking display you have/will have. Are those the only MP's you're going to be getting? Looks like you are doing the 'only one of each mold' type of collection so far. It's always interesting to see everyone's collecting goals with MP's. I'm all in on 84/85/86 and will get any repaints etc that I find cool, but I'm not a 100% complete collector.

Thanks! Nice looking display you have/will have. Are those the only MP's you're going to be getting? Looks like you are doing the 'only one of each mold' type of collection so far. It's always interesting to see everyone's collecting goals with MP's. I'm all in on 84/85/86 and will get any repaints etc that I find cool, but I'm not a 100% complete collector.
Thanks! You are correct - so far I've limited my collection to "one of each mold", and I don't foresee myself breaking that rule except for the inevitable Ratchet release. And up until the Hot Rod unveil I intended to keep my collection strictly season one characters, but seeing Ultra Magnus and Hot Rod together convinced me to break that rule.

I'd love to have Masterpiece Bumblebee, but $73 is a spicy meatball for such a small figure and Spike's exosuit would honestly be left in the box. I'm hoping for a Hasbro U.S. release on that one, but not holding my breath. That said, the exosuit would fit in well alongside Ultra Magnus and Hot Rod...

I'd love to have Masterpiece Bumblebee, but $73 is a spicy meatball for such a small figure and Spike's exosuit would honestly be left in the box. I'm hoping for a Hasbro U.S. release on that one, but not holding my breath. That said, the exosuit would fit in well alongside Ultra Magnus and Hot Rod...

Bee is so fun to pose with Magnus. I think you should get them both :)

Thanks! You are correct - so far I've limited my collection to "one of each mold", and I don't foresee myself breaking that rule except for the inevitable Ratchet release. And up until the Hot Rod unveil I intended to keep my collection strictly season one characters, but seeing Ultra Magnus and Hot Rod together convinced me to break that rule.

I'd suggest you break your one mold rule on Prowl as well (he is '84 and cool) in addition to Ratchet. As far as Bee goes, I got him for ~$48 shipped from a Japanese etailer. If you're not already, I'd suggest getting them from amiami, anime-export, hlj, nippon-yasan etc.. Also, I'd would imagine that they will reissue Bee in a couple years and/or Hasbro will release him through TRU. Might as well wait and save yourself $25 if you're in no hurry.

Just thought I'd share a couple awesome listings I came across on Evil Bay. both are ending today!!

Custom Transformers DOTM Jetwing Prime by Encline Designs | eBay

Transformers Custom Masterpiece Starscream | eBay

That Star Scream freaking rocks, considering how much I love the game that's based on, if I had expendable income like that I'd grab that too lol

Check out this Shockwave based on the game

Custom Transformers Devastation Masterpiece Shockwave Fanstoys Quakewave G1 FT03 | eBay

crazy how much it resembles the animation style.

Guys Im compiling a list of legit sellers of TF Masterpiece figures. I intend to make a spreadsheet listing the way these stores work: PO's,pay options,pros,cons ect. Here is a list Ive got so far. This list only includes US and Asian stores so far.All of these stores should have good to excellent reviews,aka safe to purchase from. For the Asian stores I listed only ones that offer the best prices on MP's when they go up for PO,also they offer english on the sites. If you have any others youd like to add just mention them in a post.

TRANSFORMERS MASTERPIECE ONLINE SHOPS

DOMESTIC STORES (US):
Big Bad Toy Store
Captured Prey
Lunar Toy Store
TF Source
The Chosen Prime
Toy Arena
Toy Dojo

OVERSEAS STORES (ASIA):
Actionrobo
AmiAmi
Anime Export
Chimungmung
Ehobbybaseshop
Hobby Link Japan
Nippon Yassan
Locushk
Plamoya
Robot Kingdom
TF-Direct

OVERSEAS STORES (UK/EUROPE):
Kapow Toys
TFS-Express

OVERSEAS STORES (AUSTRALIA):
Premium Collectibles

Last edited:
Guys Im compiling a list of legit sellers of TF Masterpiece figures. I intend to make a spreadsheet listing the way these stores work: PO's,pay options,pros,cons ect. Here is a list Ive got so far. This list only includes US and Asian stores so far.All of these stores should have good to excellent reviews,aka safe to purchase from. For the Asian stores I listed only ones that offer the best prices on MP's when they go up for PO,also they offer english on the sites. If you have any others youd like to add just mention them in a post.

DOMESTIC STORES (US):
Big Bad Toy Store
Captured Prey
Lunar Toy Store
TF Source
The Chosen Prime
Toy Arena
Toy Dojo

OVERSEAS STORES:
Actionrobo
AmiAmi
Anime Export
Chimungmung
Ehobbybaseshop
Hobby Link Japan
Nippon Yassan
Locushk
Plamoya
Robot Kingdom
TF-Direct

Add Kapow Toys and TFS-Express for the UK/Europe.

Bee is so fun to pose with Magnus. I think you should get them both :)
Not helping! :lol

I'd suggest you break your one mold rule on Prowl as well (he is '84 and cool) in addition to Ratchet.
I should, but I'm remaining hopeful that Jazz will be released down the line in which case that'd just be one white Autobot car too many for my small shelf. :p

As far as Bee goes, I got him for ~$48 shipped from a Japanese etailer. If you're not already, I'd suggest getting them from amiami, anime-export, hlj, nippon-yasan etc.. Also, I'd would imagine that they will reissue Bee in a couple years and/or Hasbro will release him through TRU. Might as well wait and save yourself $25 if you're in no hurry.
Yeah if I'd gotten into the game early enough I would have totally jumped at Bumblebee for $48 shipped. Now that I'm ordering so many of these figures i've moved my pre-orders over to HLJ to save some money (really starts to add up when you're ordering three figures at a time). At this point I'll hold out for a Hasbro Bumblebee or a Takara-Tomy reissue since I missed the opportunity to get him cheap. And with the knock-offs now flooding the market I'm unwilling to jump at any Bumblebee deals.

you could always get a ko Bee from Sirtoys for 39
No more KO's for me. I went down that road earlier this year after seeing TF-Direct's "get 3 for $100 shipped" deal and RocketPunchArmy's YouTube video reviews claiming the KO's were as good as if not better than the Takara-Tomy releases in terms of build quality and paints. The KO Sideswipe I received was a pile of garbage in a box, with too many issues to count (included an arm broken at the shoulder right out of the box). Had to pay $18 out of pocket to ship the thing back to China just to get a refund.

Bought myself a legitimate Sideswipe when The Chosen Prime got the reissue in stock a few weeks ago and learned my lesson.

^franpincho its not mine and I'm just letting people know of some cool stuff I've came across on ebay recently. The same as I would if I found retail stores offering great deals on transformers etc. This just got changed from the buy it now price to an auction of .99 starting. Its the only reason I put another heads up to anyone if they are interested.

Back