ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every time I come to this thread, it gives me that urge to start another collection consisting of the Masterpiece line. I grew up with GI Joe but loved the G1 Transformers. Seeing that Ultra Magnus and Wheeljack just gives me more reasons to get into this line. You guys are killing me.

Do it juice!

9ZAnCgo_1396096533.jpg

Dont it just look tasty!?

Every time I come to this thread, it gives me that urge to start another collection consisting of the Masterpiece line. I grew up with GI Joe but loved the G1 Transformers. Seeing that Ultra Magnus and Wheeljack just gives me more reasons to get into this line. You guys are killing me.

To echo everything else...DO IT!!!!

You are honestly missing out, as Karamazov said this is the pinnacle of collecting for G1 fans...it will never get better than this

Well, it's nowhere near as out of place as that 3P Magnus. No idea why anyone would get that with the MP on its way.

I don't think you'll regret getting it, Teemu. It is very nice - I just have this feeling that the FT one will look (and probably feel) better. Plus there is a lot of competition for my dollars right now. Just did Joecon a couple weeks ago, plus I'll have to pay in full for Scoria soon, and preorder Magnus... There's a kickstarter I want to pledge to for some awesome "third party GI Joes" by Marauder Gun-Runners too:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1732159183/marauder-task-force-gaming-figures

I will probably be getting the $695 package, so... Yeah. :)

The headsculpt is what really kills it for me, as it's lacking any kind of personality.

Compared to headsculpts like Prowl, Bluestreak, Wheeljack, Bumblebee's smiley face or Cubex Huffer's grumpy face it looks too bland and lifeless.

I'm confident the Fans Toys Skyfire will have that certain something Kronos is lacking so I can wait for that.

In the meantime, here's a pic of my main display,

The bookcase is one of the IKEA Billy range. I have another one which at the moment just has my Classics scaled Wreckers on one shelf and 3 Hot Toys figures ( Mandarin, The Mechanic and DX Jack Sparrow ) on another.

Took,
OK, I'll keep a look out for them.

I use Billy shelves too - you could probably fit an extra shelf in there and it would still look good, given the height of most MPs. Maybe two extras, since you don't need much room for car alt modes. :)

I know scale and Transformers will never be 100% accurate, but surely this can not be right...

ba2yhuga.jpg

Taken from FB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the Scale guide, so it's correct. the toon was wildly innacurate. To be expected, however, sunbow was too busy ripping off marvel to worry about important things like scale.

I suspect that if they were actually side by side, Magnus would be too tall. Look at the position of the feet; methinks there's some trick photography at work, here.

On second glance, maybe not...

Every time I get an email from TFSource I think it's going to be a shipping notice for Scoria. Got another one today and was "woo-hoo!" then "awwww". :(

I also cancelled my pre-order for Kronos. The alt-mode picture killed it and I didn't have much love for the character, so I'd rather direct the funds somewhere else. It does look a little cheap, but that's because of the all white plastic, which some panel-lining should fix up. It's the gap on the side of the plane that really detracts from it. Also, now that I look at the back of the alt-mode, it looks like there might be some space there too. Wish there wouldn't be the typical "angled" pics and we could get the front, back, and underneath views. I have a feeling it might not be that great.

Well, it's nowhere near as out of place as that 3P Magnus. No idea why anyone would get that with the MP on its way.

I don't think you'll regret getting it, Teemu. It is very nice - I just have this feeling that the FT one will look (and probably feel) better. Plus there is a lot of competition for my dollars right now. Just did Joecon a couple weeks ago, plus I'll have to pay in full for Scoria soon, and preorder Magnus... There's a kickstarter I want to pledge to for some awesome "third party GI Joes" by Marauder Gun-Runners too:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1732159183/marauder-task-force-gaming-figures

I will probably be getting the $695 package, so... Yeah. :)

I use Billy shelves too - you could probably fit an extra shelf in there and it would still look good, given the height of most MPs. Maybe two extras, since you don't need much room for car alt modes. :)

Good idea on the extra shelves, I only have a 10 minute trip to my nearest IKEA so it's something I can do at any time.

It's the Scale guide, so it's correct. the toon was wildly innacurate. To be expected, however, sunbow was too busy ripping off marvel to worry about important things like scale.

Yeah, I've been having a blast in the mornings watching the combo between 80s and then Prime TFs being on back to back. Devastator changed size by probably 25% just from a camera angle change. Kind of makes me wonder if different teams didn't handle different shots for speed > accuracy and then they all get tied together later.

Do it juice!

9ZAnCgo_1396096533.jpg

Dont it just look tasty!?

To echo everything else...DO IT!!!!

You are honestly missing out, as Karamazov said this is the pinnacle of collecting for G1 fans...it will never get better than this

Must resissssst the urge, but that Wheeljack does look real good. And of course with the Ultra Magnus. I wonder if I have a grand stashed around to catch up on childhood memories.

Back