ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a big lots toy.

Cancelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rolleyes2 then I guess ALL Transformers are Big Lots toys :dunno,better cancel Slag and Swoop too while you're at it! along with the rest of the Masterpieces coming...Skyfire looks exactly like the G1 cartoon

Nah. As cool as scoria and swoop look, I think I'll wait for more in hand pics to make up my mind. They do look awesome compared to this though.

And official MP's don't look anything like a big lots toy.

This, on the other hand....

1662073_630004090427105_7645274045524315743_n_1398465612.jpg83v7_1398465695.jpg506o_1398465859.jpg

i have to agree with franpincho on this. Not digging it. I think they made it look TOO much like the cartoon. Prime and Soundwave look so much like the cartoon, and yet they have so many more details than the cartoon ever had. The details on Skyfire is minimal (like the cartoon), and doesn't fit in well at all with the other Masterpieces. Just my opinion.

There's a reason Takara and Fans Toys don't go for absolute cartoon accuracy.

If they did the Masterpieces would look like scaled up, articulated versions of something from the Heroes of Cybertron line.

That's pretty much the vibe I'm getting from Kronos.

Yup. Still not doing anything for me.

Pass.

Let's get back to Magnus.

what about Magnus? Isn't everybody complaining because he is too Cartoon based and there is no White Prime underneath like the original toy??

...Something about it looks... off. not sure what it is? Detail looks wrong? it looks a little TOO simplified like the G1 cartoon, i think is what's bugging me.

he is just missing his Auto-bot chest Symbol from reprolabels

what about Magnus? Isn't everybody complaining because he is too Cartoon based and there is no White Prime underneath like the original toy??

Actually, everyone here seems to like him all right.

More so than Kronos.

The MP figures are basic in their way, yet at the same time they maintain a kind of complexity and sophistication. More refined than simply stripped away of detail. They look like high end figures, which they are in the Transformers world. The Skyfire here looks more. . .primitive, somehow. Reminiscent in some ways of the IGear Seekers. And that's probably where the Big Lots analogy comes in. I can understand their appealing to some, but they don't quite strike the balance for me between being something that isn't too overly busy and complicated (like the movie designs), yet maintains enough detail that they are mature, fitting a more "adult" collection. Does that make sense? A good analogue is the '66 Hot Toys Batman. Very simple design, but lots of little details and nuance that make him more than a simple figure.

Guys which version of Soar are you getting? The blue or red body??

Also what's the BS with warbotron? I was well on board until I heard PO's have been pulled...

Decided to go with blue. I don't know why but I'm just not digging the red body. Too much red, maybe? The blue is classic plus it really seems to stand out more.

The MP figures are basic in their way, yet at the same time they maintain a kind of complexity and sophistication. More refined than simply stripped away of detail. They look like high end figures, which they are in the Transformers world. The Skyfire here looks more. . .primitive, somehow. Reminiscent in some ways of the IGear Seekers. And that's probably where the Big Lots analogy comes in. I can understand their appealing to some, but they don't quite strike the balance for me between being something that isn't too overly busy and complicated (like the movie designs), yet maintains enough detail that they are mature, fitting a more "adult" collection. Does that make sense? A good analogue is the '66 Hot Toys Batman. Very simple design, but lots of little details and nuance that make him more than a simple figure.

Yeah, I think thisis howI feel about it too... As for Soar, I also went with blue. Gotta go Sunbow with this. :)

I'm wondering if Sky wouldn't benefit from a few darkened panel lines... but I think as is he is just not hitting an MP aesthetic. Oh well. :dunno

I think it's needs a big fat reprolabel Autobot sticker and then it'll start to look the part more. I know I'm in the absolute minority but from my POV, the Macross Toy Jetfire is THE. Jetfire for me. I just never liked this version as much. I think it's mainly because it's the g1 toys more than the cartoon look that I've always preferred.

I think I'm going to go blue too. Looks like it pops a bit more.

Actually, everyone here seems to like him all right.

More so than Kronos.

Alot of folks like Kronos too

and considering that the white prime isn't there,I guess it's not really a "perfect edition" as labelled huh?

I am still debating on getting Magnus...depends on funds...hard to keep with all these releases especially since FT Snarl is coming up soon

Alot of folks like Kronos too

and considering that the white prime isn't there,I guess it's not really a "perfect edition" as labelled huh?

I am still debating on getting Magnus...depends on funds...hard to keep with all these releases especially since FT Snarl is coming up soon

Lots of time yet to make that decision, though. :)

I've been considering Kronos, but I think I'm just going to pass. I would probably pull the trigger if I had more Paypal funds, but Scoria takes priority, along with my deposit for Soar and Ultra Magnus too. I like the looks of Kronos but I'm not going to pay out of my pocket for it, and I suspect I will like the FansToys version better anyway, as long as I can remain patient.

he is just missing his Auto-bot chest Symbol from reprolabels
No.. It's more than that. My focus keeps going to his shoulders and upper arms. Something about them I ReALLY do not like.

As for Magnus, I've got the igear mini mp ultra Magnus, so I get my white prime fix there at least. That, or perhaps takara will issue a white mp10 later too. Either or I'm good. Loving the official mp Magnus.

Back