ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will never understand why Hasbro only sells the MP line through Toysrus in limited amounts. People want these figures and are paying out the a$$ for them. It's like they hate money.

I will never understand why Hasbro only sells the MP line through Toysrus in limited amounts. People want these figures and are paying out the a$$ for them. It's like they hate money.

Ditto that. Such hot selling items, only available at crappy toys r us.
Make them a wide release, so that everyone can get one, BBTS, tfsource, etc.,the way it is now, even those stores have to buy them of other vendors, thus jacking the price in the process as well.

Yeah, they did a couple through Walmart, but apparently it wasn't a great success... TRU is likely the only retail chain that even wants them.

They might not be making QUITE enough for collectors, but that doesn't mean they'd sell very well to the general public...

Ohh, a third party Bruticus from a new company. REALLY dig it, though the scale is still out of whack, obviously. :lol

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/951171-warbotron-new-item-wb01.html

so not in scale with TFC Hercules and Superion? ah

No, he is bigger, so he is closer in scale to herc and superion.

Works for me, I skipped the Fansproject version b ecuase he wasn't big enugh for me.

Ditto that. Such hot selling items, only available at crappy toys r us.
Make them a wide release, so that everyone can get one, BBTS, tfsource, etc.,the way it is now, even those stores have to buy them of other vendors, thus jacking the price in the process as well.

Yeah, they did a couple through Walmart, but apparently it wasn't a great success... TRU is likely the only retail chain that even wants them.

They might not be making QUITE enough for collectors, but that doesn't mean they'd sell very well to the general public...

Simple answer. NOBODY BUT TRU wants them.Walmart WAS doing it, but then skywarp bombed. so Walmart dosn't want them anymore.

I'm sure BBTS and tfsource would. And those are great collectors sites.
I can see how big retail chains don't want them though.

BBTS and TFsource wouldn't order in the numbers that TRU would. Ultimately, this is probably the best business move for Hasbro, no doubt based on lots of data examining previous successes and failures on their part. I have heard from Diamond Select guys that the products they sell at TRU are produced in much higher numbers than comparable items solicited online and in comic shops, yet those in the TRUs are often much harder for collectors to come by.

The items are niche enough that they wouldn't succeed if released as a typical mass produced product, but mass appealy enough that a major outlet like TRU is warranted. I know some of us have problems finding these in stores, but for every Soundwave or Optimus you're going to have a Thundercracker or Skywarp. Should Hasbro be able to better anticipate big sellers from potential shelfwarmers? I think so. But in terms of a general MP release strategy a store exclusive makes sense to me.

BBTS and TFsource wouldn't order in the numbers that TRU would. Ultimately, this is probably the best business move for Hasbro, no doubt based on lots of data examining previous successes and failures on their part. I have heard from Diamond Select guys that the products they sell at TRU are produced in much higher numbers than comparable items solicited online and in comic shops, yet those in the TRUs are often much harder for collectors to come by.

The items are niche enough that they wouldn't succeed if released as a typical mass produced product, but mass appealy enough that a major outlet like TRU is warranted. I know some of us have problems finding these in stores, but for every Soundwave or Optimus you're going to have a Thundercracker or Skywarp. Should Hasbro be able to better anticipate big sellers from potential shelfwarmers? I think so. But in terms of a general MP release strategy a store exclusive makes sense to me.

They should at least be consistent. My friend that works at a local TRU says they NEVER received any MP 10's. there's also another TRU i go to, supervisor says he's never seen one. I know it must be hard to anticipate which items will sell best. But it's a given that OP IS going to be in high demand.

If that's true, then it is also no doubt a data driven decision based on how well TFs have sold previously at those TRUs. It may not seem fair, but these are businesses trying to maximize profits.

I'm not saying they have to release them everywhere to everyone, but there has to be a better method than what they are doing now. 4-8 figures per store is pretty ridiculous. Personally I could care less since I always go Takara anyway, but man it just seems like untapped potential.

That Acid Storm figure is tremendously underrated. It also helps I've never owned a MP seeker before.

I'm not saying they have to release them everywhere to everyone, but there has to be a better method than what they are doing now. 4-8 figures per store is pretty ridiculous. Personally I could care less since I always go Takara anyway, but man it just seems like untapped potential.

Exactly. I for one have never got a sniff of MP Prime, Thundercracker, or Skywarp, which was apparently a shelf warmer, in TRU or Wal-Mart. 4 figures per store is retarded especially when scalpers line up when stores open and sell them on kijiji for 2x the price! :mad:

Then I see pics of MP Primes in stacks in Asian shops where it looks like they can't get rid of them. I just wish there was a better dist'n system. Now I just go with Takara for the superior figures and to avoid the aggravation.

I'm glad I was able to get a MP Soundwave, much easier than the whole MP OP fiasco. The TRU near my home has restocked the shelves with Soundwaves 3 times already.

Quick question. Is there much difference between the mp Soundwaves that have been released? I'm aware of two that's been released, one that comes with laserbeak w/ red visor and the Toys r Us release with a bunch of cassettes and yellow visor. I'm under on which one to purchase. Thanks.

Last edited:
If you can find it, go with the TRU version (yellow visor one) as that one comes with all 5 tapes. In terms of quality, I think someone in here said that it is similar to the Takara version. The paint apps on the cassettes are a little different, with the TRU versions flatter in terms of colour.

I do that too brother, I make sure I get the takara version. But sometimes the paint apps on the TRU versions make me want to get a second piece. MP10 has the blue eyes, and I really dig them.

If you can find it, go with the TRU version (yellow visor one) as that one comes with all 5 tapes. In terms of quality, I think someone in here said that it is similar to the Takara version. The paint apps on the cassettes are a little different, with the TRU versions flatter in terms of colour.

But if you can afford it, go with Takara.

No one will deny the TRU version is the better deal, but Takara has better - albeit, only marginally so, really - paint apps. Really up to you if you think that's worth it, though. I'm not even sure myself, yet. :)

If money isn't a thing, I'd just spring for the Takara one just for the more accurate red visor. But yes, you could always paint the TRU ones if you really want. I have both and can't really tell the difference but then again, I wasn't looking for any:lol

Back