ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Part of me likes it and part of me thinks it looks like a jumbled mess. The parts just don't seem hidden well. I don't know how to explain it.

I'm in the same boat as you here.

The close up looks sweet...

DSC_0018_zpsf675d6f6.jpg

The one next to Herc from a distance shows up all the problems & nothing looks like it fits quite right...

DSC_0012_zpsb2e7ede9.jpg

And the individual bot modes look pretty good with the exception of Not-Silverbolt who looks really weird...the head looks too tiny & almost like it's squashed.
In fact Silverbolt looks like a cheap £1 shop knock off compared the rest of the set.

DSC_0003_zps6d45a2a1.jpg

It's impressive but no way I'll be buying him.

Menasor might be a different story though when I finally see him.

Neil

Part of it could be posing. His arms look odd, in part because they are posed in a strange angle (elbows going in with fists facing out). But I think the design is off in some other ways there. The legs are also too busy. He would be better if he retained more of the stylized aesthetic of the G1 character designs IMO.

Yeah, I'm glad I passed, personally. Something about it just doesn't do it for me the way Herc did...

Then again, in my current frame of mine, I'm not sure I'd invest in Herc either if I had to do it all over again. I was REALLY into Classics-style and third party for a short while there, not so much anymore.
Yeah, I was drooling over Herc when he was first shown off, but after I picked him up I realized I didn't want anything that wasn't as faithfully G1 as the MP figures we're now getting. Great that these companies are doing it at all (even if TFClub are jerks whose customer service lies and won't make good on QC issues), but not for me.

MP is all I collect. I think the 3rd parties are fun and all, but with a lot of TF collecting, people buy up these 20-30 dollar pieces all the time and just have this glut of pieces that aren't so great.

I just want the classics in a high-end manor. haha. And I'm in no rush if a particular character isn't available, like Shockwave.

I'm not sure I'd invest in Herc either if I had to do it all over again. I was REALLY into Classics-style and third party for a short while there, not so much anymore.

Me neither. The main attraction for me was having a combiner for the first time as I'd never owned one before as I thought they were all crappy looking.

So I've basically scratched the itch and now I'm much pickier about what 3rd party stuff I buy I keep looking at Herc and seeing a chunk of cash to fund something else.

The only Superion I'd buy is one where the 4 limb bots turn into planes that're the same sort of size as MP11 and Silverbolt is even bigger due to his being a Concorde.

Which is ever so slightly unlikely :lol

So did anybody get the Asian exclusive MP Grimlock yet? I got it,and was wondering if anyone else have it...

It should be the same as the Takara, but it's not the same as the Hasbro. I'm going to open mine later.

I got mine. But I don't know if we're suppose to talk about it yet haha

The rule's of Grimlock Club...

1 - Do Not Talk about Grimlock Club
2 - Do Not Talk About Grimlock Club
3 - Admire your Grimlock
4 - Pose your Grimlock
5 - Admire your Grimlock some more
6 - Do Not Discuss Grimlock Club
7 - Admire your Grimlock

:lol:lol

I'll post a full video review on Thursday. By then the convention in China will have started and I won't be getting anybody in trouble.

When you buy one you agree to not disclose info until then :D

Back