ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew about the KO MP Sideswipe, didn't know there was a KO Red Alert, guess it is going to happen since along with Tigertrack, all 3 are pretty much the same mold.

karamazov80 said:
What are the various tells that one is a KO? I'm wondering if mine is legit. . .

LoneWolf posted a pretty comprehensive comparison guide some pages back.

For those asking about the KO MP Lambor, I am pasting a comment from someone in our Facebook group who owns both Takara Tomy original & KO MP..
I only own the KO MP Lambor, so I cannot compare. :wave

Untitled-1copy_zps08ea28a1.jpg

1372995076_5.JPG

99_91825_b599ef2a79c2168.jpg

99_91825_f020f8c89cf5dc6.jpg

----
Some dissimilarities that I have found on my MP Lambor/Sideswipe Original and Knock Off versions are shown on the following photos. Also worth mentioning:
1. KO's gun color is more on the gray side rather than silver;
2. KO's gun does not fit well on the hands of either version;
3. Tighter joints on the KO;
4. Price of KO is much lower than the SRP of the Original (Got mine for 1800 and 2400, respectively),

Based on the current price tag of Takara MP-12, I believe the KO is a reasonable alternative for one's collection as long as you can overlook its flaws.

From the pictures:

5. The photo of Lambor/Sideswipe on the right side of the box is missing its Autobot insignia.
6. Eyes are of different shape, and KO's forehead part (red highlight) is bigger and rectangular in shape while trapezoid for the Original.
7. Black outline on the Originals's headlights. Paint apps on my Original is not perfect, but the defects are just on the red areas. KO's Autobot logo is fine.
8. That part on the "spine" should be straight. There is no bump on the Original. It kind of affects the transformation (see no. 9), but good thing that the chest peice/hood can still be locked on robot mode.
9. Front skirt cannot be even with the crotch part for the KO. But only noticeable when posed sideways =]
10. Knee joint is of thinner material on KO.
11. Number tag on on MP-12's right calf starts in "1" for the KO. Small L for the Original.
Note: Original is the one on the Right Side.
----

Thanks for the heads up, I hope it's not going to be a struggle, I have MP 10, so missing out on the hasbro Optimus was ok, but Soundwave is a must! Let the games begin:)

There are already MP Soundwave sightings in Ontario. Apparently stores got a small allotment. But the bulk of the Soundwaves should be coming around mid September.

After striking out the past few weeks on finding any more MP Soundwaves,I talked to managers at the two in my area and both said they were not receiving anymore at all. Anyone else heard this?

Did not know about the KO versions, thats pretty sweet, I think I may get the KOs to pose in car mode. I wanted to do that originally, but wasn't wanting to buy an extra of each MP. KO prices make that alot more realistic.

There are already MP Soundwave sightings in Ontario. Apparently stores got a small allotment. But the bulk of the Soundwaves should be coming around mid September.

Thanks for the heads up, I noticed this as well, as our local kijiji classifieds have/had a few Soundwave listings with an asking price between $180-$220.

I really hope this doesn't turn into another MP-10 fiasco....

After striking out the past few weeks on finding any more MP Soundwaves,I talked to managers at the two in my area and both said they were not receiving anymore at all. Anyone else heard this?

My Wife's Cousin is a TRU manager and she said that they had an original allotment that was distributed to stores, but not everywhere (My local never got them in) but the majority was sold out online..which is why alot of stores never received any. As of right now the only ones hitting stores were the ones distributed about two weeks ago. There is no order to receive more but that could change. She told me if they do get more, chances are they will sell out online before they hit the stores.

Without having to deal with searching for SW, I just went over to TFW2005 and were able to scored 2 at cost.

Heads up for anyone that owns MP-5 Megs,

I was doing doing some cleaning/maintenance to my Tf collection, and found that the batteries installed in the plasma cannon were starting to deteriorate BAD.
Mine was a release day MP-5.

Heads up for anyone that owns MP-5 Megs,

I was doing doing some cleaning/maintenance to my Tf collection, and found that the batteries installed in the plasma cannon were starting to deteriorate BAD.
Mine was a release day MP-5.

Collecting 101, good advice for anything with batteries in it. Hope you caught it before it mucked anything up on your Megatron.

Did not know about the KO versions, thats pretty sweet, I think I may get the KOs to pose in car mode. I wanted to do that originally, but wasn't wanting to buy an extra of each MP. KO prices make that alot more realistic.

Hey man.. KOs are plenty here in Manila.. Let me know if you need help acquiring it.. The price is only approximately US$50, and if I didn't look up the differences, I can't tell. :yess:

Rumor has it in the Facebook groups is that the KO is not really a KO.. It is a 'China version' of Takara Tomy. This means that they release the same MP12 with bad quality and lowered the price to combat the "KO makers".
To me, in a business stand-point, it makes sense, since Takara Tomy is still the one making money rather than the "KO makers".

My friend also posted that in 9 days, KO MP14 (Red Alert) will come out as well! :yess:

I've been looking to buy the Takara Soundwave, I've seen a lot of them with the silver part in the center of his forehead just blue. Like it's just not even been painted. Is this normal? Does the Takara version come like this?

LoneWolf posted a pretty comprehensive comparison guide some pages back.
Thanks. I've seen some of these for Sideswipe before (I know mine is legit), but not for Red Alert, which apparently now has a knock off out there. The fact that they seem new suggests that mine wasn't a KO, but it was shipped without a box from somewhere in Asia, which had me a bit worried. Could have been a factory reject, but it seems pretty flawless to me.

Just finish custom painting my unicron, don't know where else post this, anyway, nothing crazy just some dry brushing and detail work can't see most of it in the ****y pics.

Before

unicron-bot-1.jpg

After

image_zpsd17cf6e9.jpg

Last edited:
Back