ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep,i know where your going! 10 seconds of screen time on the us/uk g1 cartoon if u dont count the japanese G1 cartoon,not a main character etc etc cos thats how i sort of feel,but am not disappointed in him at all!

a few ebay sellers ive used before have him for around £100 now that hes in hand which is a great price,i used kapow tho to save time waiting!!

It's not so much that as finances. I'll have to pay off the remaining total on my HT Mark VII and Hulk very soon so anything else has to wait until I've got those sorted.

How's the transformations of the various modes?

So a Toys R Us by my house has 2 Soundwaves in, but they won't hold one for me. I work 20 miles away, so driving down isn't an option. And since I work Monday through Friday, camping out with the scalpers every day isn't an option either. They better get these up on the website soon. And they better last longer than 8 seconds.

The only local TRU that seems to carry the Masterpiece figures received 4 Soundwaves this week and they are long gone. Great week for those to hit with the buy one get one 1/2 off sale for the scalpers!

Just checked eBay and there is one of the local ones on there right now.

Le sigh.
Rumor News about the next tv series
Potato is a user on sister-site [Links are hidden for guests. Please Register.] who is also a director on The Legend of Korra. He has contacts with numerous other people in the field of animation. This includes the people who are working on the next Transformers cartoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato View Post
Right now the only action cartoons in production are Avengers, TMNT, Korra, Hulk, Max Steele, Star Wars and Ben 10 (off the top of my head) and some of these won't get renewed. Batman and Spiderman are pretty much done and in post production. There aren't any new action shows in the pipeline or pre-production (other than Star Wars and next Transformers (back to 2D)), so we're gonna be heading into an action dry spell within 2 years.
Quote:
Yeah, Transformers is going back to 2D. Same crew though, with Jose doing designs. Reason of this (as well as WB not doing anymore CG shows after Beware the Batman) is cost. CG shows cost roughly 3 times more than a quality show. So yeah...GL costs 3X more than YJ...but the return in profits wasn't that much more than YJ.
Quote:
Guys...I got some bad news. Next transformers is gonna be aimed at kids...as in it's gonna be closer to rescue bots than Prime. ...well..I guess there's always Transformers GO!, right?
Quote:
very very simple. I like the designs (same designer), but they are going in a completely opposite direction. Instructions were to keep them as simple as possible...and then start adding detials. Basically, can you design a robot with as little lines as possible?
Quote:
Yeah, it won't necessarily be bad. It could be good. I'm just letting nostalgia get the better of me. I hardly watch cartoons aimed at the younger/younger kids (rescue bots, super hero squad, the fischer price Rescue Heroes). But as Electric Turhak brought up, it might mean simpler toys too...that seems to be the case that a lot of companies are going. Mattel, Hasbro and etc.

Thank god we still have japanese toys.
Quote:
I'm friends with the folks working on it.
From these posts, we have learned that the next Transformers cartoon will be animated in 2-D, have the same crew as Transformers: Prime, possess simplistic robot designs, and will be aimed at a younger demographic, much like Rescue Bots.

I lucked out and found Soundwave at Toys R Us yesterday. I had called the three stores in my area and they all said they didn't have any in, but I checked the one closest to my home after I got out of work and had lunch, and he was just sitting there on the bottom shelf.

Le sigh.
That is a major downer, but...

its far enough out that maybe they'll change focus to something more in line with the current series.

As much as I love Transformers, I can't stomach rescue bots and really can't see them needing another series similar to that.

@ corsair- been 'busy' at work mate so havent even attempted to transform him!! i know there is so far 9 modes that ive seen- a boat and a variation of the tank.

he is mp quality due to his sheer size,bulk and width and towers over the MP seekers for example.he was always big on screen in japG1 so im fine with that.

ahhh the hot toys thing- needed to pick between those and TF's to keep and i chose TF's!! hot toys priced me out of the market and i sold all original HT like rocky and robocop dutch etc.

I checked my Toys R US yesterday and they had no place for him on the shelf with pricing. I asked a worker there and he said the distribution center is showing back order so they wont be getting any soon..and have not gotten any as of yet.

Le sigh.

Ugh.

Was kind of hoping they'd continue with the 'aligned continuity', but I guess not... :(

Oh well, other than the extremely unlikely possibility they could continue with Animated (it seems to fit all the criteria, RIGHT???), I guess it'll be nice to take a break from mainline TFs. There's always Masterpiece, after all. :)

A local guy here in the Philippines has a contact with a major Toys R Us branch in my city, and was happy to organize a pre-order for Soundwave and Acid Storm, so that when they hit Philippines stores on August 3-4, we are guaranteed with stock..
We are being charged USD185 approximately for Soundwave. How much is it retailing in the US right now?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

@ corsair- been 'busy' at work mate so havent even attempted to transform him!! i know there is so far 9 modes that ive seen- a boat and a variation of the tank.

he is mp quality due to his sheer size,bulk and width and towers over the MP seekers for example.he was always big on screen in japG1 so im fine with that.

ahhh the hot toys thing- needed to pick between those and TF's to keep and i chose TF's!! hot toys priced me out of the market and i sold all original HT like rocky and robocop dutch etc.

OK, no worries, I've seen some of the extra fan-modes and the boat looks pretty cool!

My only exposure to Sixshot as a character is via IDW, I like the idea of him only being brought in when Megatron wants maximum destruction and chaos and he's pretty damn tough, not even being squashed by Metroplex was enough to take him out!

Once I've got my last 2 Avengers paid for I've got a break of a few months before any more of my HT pre-orders ship so I might fit Hex in then.

Pre-ordering 2 each of MP Wheeljack and Bumblebee is my top priority for Transformers though so I'm hoping for some prototype pics soon.

A local guy here in the Philippines has a contact with a major Toys R Us branch in my city, and was happy to organize a pre-order for Soundwave and Acid Storm, so that when they hit Philippines stores on August 3-4, we are guaranteed with stock..
We are being charged USD185 approximately for Soundwave. How much is it retailing in the US right now?

Thanks in advance.

$119.99. Also a BOGO 50% off promotion too.

OK, no worries, I've seen some of the extra fan-modes and the boat looks pretty cool!

My only exposure to Sixshot as a character is via IDW, I like the idea of him only being brought in when Megatron wants maximum destruction and chaos and he's pretty damn tough, not even being squashed by Metroplex was enough to take him out!

Once I've got my last 2 Avengers paid for I've got a break of a few months before any more of my HT pre-orders ship so I might fit Hex in then.

Pre-ordering 2 each of MP Wheeljack and Bumblebee is my top priority for Transformers though so I'm hoping for some prototype pics soon.

:exactly: Yes indeed must have doubles.

I just hope that Takara don't put phony sponsor logos on Wheeljack just for the sake of having some there like they have with Smokescreen.

It'll inevitably look great whichever way they go as the Lancia Stratos Turbo was up there with the Lamborghini Countach as one of the most iconic cars of the 70's but a clean, cartoon based deco would be my preferred choice.

Aww man.. We are being charged almost USD70 more.. To think that we will still pick it up at a Toys R Us store and not a hobby shop. Grrr.

Thanks in advance.

Considering he comes with all tapes, that still doesn't see super outrageous compared to the Takara cost.

How much is he selling the Acid Storms for?

I'll throw this out there, if anyone with decent feedback is in an area this will be unavailable and they can't get one without paying scalper pricing, I'll pick an extra up if they're available and ship for whatever that cost, including BOGO deals if applicable.

I'd rather do this for people who don't have the availablility, not just someone who doesn't want to drive across town to their TRU. :lol

Considering he comes with all tapes, that still doesn't see super outrageous compared to the Takara cost.

How much is he selling the Acid Storms for?

True, but I'm comparing it with the prices you have.. I don't think Hasbro is costing USD70 more each Soundwave, to ship to the Philippines, which is very close to Hong Kong (where they have a factory).

Acid Storm is USD115

True, but I'm comparing it with the prices you have.. I don't think Hasbro is costing USD70 more each Soundwave, to ship to the Philippines, which is very close to Hong Kong (where they have a factory).

Acid Storm is USD115

Probably not, I just didn't know how much street pricing differs where you're at compared to the US.

Back