ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any difference between all these Metroplex releases?

There is one for even 110$ that looks the same too.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=metroplex

The only thing I really notice is the chrome, but I'm sure some old break down all the details though.

2hx85t5.jpg

Got my Hasbro Soundwave pack today. I must say its almost spot on with Takaras version. The quality is pretty much the same but Takaras version looks a bit nicer do to the extra paint apps. No defects to report either,everything looks and works as it should. The only thing that bugs me about it is the visor. Its not the flat yellow like in the proto pics but rather a semi clear yellow just as MP10's waist area. You can see the little circular patterns(same as MP10's waist) through the visor if you look close enough. But overall this is a excellent package and well worth the price!

what extra paint apps furyan?. im trying to decide which soundwave to buy.
is there a screw in the head? to take the head apart and paint the visor red, just wondering. any info would help. thanks

what extra paint apps furyan?. im trying to decide which soundwave to buy.
is there a screw in the head? to take the head apart and paint the visor red, just wondering. any info would help. thanks

There is a single screw in the back of the head. As far as paint apps Takaras Soundwave has fully painted feet,Hasbros left part of the inner foot unpainted grey. The Takara tapes have a chrome paint on the chest pieces and Hasbros is painted a matte colorway. Takaras weapons are chromed out too I believe,Hasbros are painted. Overall Takaras tapes look better,more lively. Not a huge difference though. I prefer Takaras Soundwave, but again they look and feel almost identical. Hope this helps.

I really really like Acid storm. I wish he had a bit more yellow on his legs and arms, but he really pops!

y8pIThV.jpg

nRcvNR6.jpg

Idk he's a G1. He's in season 1! haha
I think he looks great with my formers. I don't have anything quite like him on the shelf.

Actually he is a repaint of MP-11

Back