ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Takara version has NO diecast. Only difference is some paint applications.

I haven't gotten any of the new masterpiece figures, do they have any diecast at all? I'm considering it now since it seems like they're gonna bring us the original team.

TransFormersGroup.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2GN8tPyD...ALo/pPhZLKNPMyw/s1600-h/TransFormersGroup.jpg

SOME, yes. MP-10 has some Diecast in his lower legs.
Though, for the most part, Takara has thankfully moved away from putting garbage metal in their toys.

Aren't Soundwave's feet diecast? Or some kind of metal, anyway.

I'm at work - can't check mine. :)

Furyan,
Here's the pic you requested,

DPrime,
Soundwave's feet are definitely some kind of metal as they have that slight cold feel to them.

Also,
Buy QuakeWave, you know you want to! :wink1:

yeah it's 7/18. I'm traveling to San Antonio that day so not holding my breath that I'll have time to grab one.

Wish I had knew about TRU listing in the middle of the night on ebay. ebay bucks!

Funds permitting, I'll pick up an extra or two for boardies if I get an opportunity. I refuse to buy Acid Storm for retail though. I won't reinforce bad behavior.

Aren't Soundwave's feet diecast? Or some kind of metal, anyway.

I'm at work - can't check mine. :)

Furyan,

DPrime,
Soundwave's feet are definitely some kind of metal as they have that slight cold feel to them.

Also,

Derp. I'd forgotten about his feet. But that's really all he's got.

Looks like some buyers of the TRU eBay listing of Soundwave are already mad and leaving negative feedback saying their transactions are getting cancelled by TRU without warning. Wonder what's going on?

Looks like some buyers of the TRU eBay listing of Soundwave are already mad and leaving negative feedback saying their transactions are getting cancelled by TRU without warning. Wonder what's going on?

They cancelled all the buys and refunded their money.

Basically, somebody screwed up when they listed these things. haha.

Furyan,

DPrime,

Also,

Awesome thanks. What are your impressions of the difference on Takaras plastic/build quality and Quakewaves?

Funds permitting, I'll pick up an extra or two for boardies if I get an opportunity. I refuse to buy Acid Storm for retail though. I won't reinforce bad behavior.

:lol

They cancelled all the buys and refunded their money.

Basically, somebody screwed up when they listed these things.
haha.

So everyone got their orders cancelled? Ouch!

It said orders go up on the 18th. I would be kind of pissed if they didn't cancel those orders. If they're going to establish rules of a sort, then they should stick by them.

Furyan,

DPrime,

Also,

Nice pic. I didn't think the energon cubes would look good displayed, but you've managed to make a good display out of 'em.

Who knows on Quakewave... I may yet succumb. We'll see!

Awesome thanks. What are your impressions of the difference on Takaras plastic/build quality and Quakewaves?

QuakeWave feels a lot more solid and sturdy than a MP of similar size like MP13, the plastic is top notch and the diecast is sensibly placed so there's no balancing issues.

The joints are all great and as there's no paint apps there's no risk of anything being scratched or chipped so it's a lot more fun to repose and transform than MP13.

Fans Toys have bounced back from the huge setback they had when their Soundwave project was trumped by Takara and delivered one of the best high end Transformers ever made at a very competitive price.

If they're smart they'll follow what Takara are doing and fill in the gaps....they've already hinted they're inrested in doing Dinobots.

DPrime,
Glad you like the pic!

Some people have made inserts for the Energon cubes using various types of colored paper which look pretty good but I'm OK with them as they are.

Last edited:
I'm really only collecting MP's, and am hoping Takara eventually makes Shockwave. However, if Fans Toys makes the Dinobots in scale to MP's I will get them all.

Back