ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know theres probably alot of hate for this thing, because I think its from Bayformers, but I saw this on BBTS and I'm in love. :love
TAK11648.jpg

I've been googling, cause I'm curious to see how his scale looks in context with the MP line, but haven't found anything yet. :(
Looks pretty nice in its alt mode anyway, but there's only one MP Decepticon tank I want.

01sR9Ii.jpg

I finally got round to adding a Decepticon logo to QuakeWave,

For the price I'm considering paying for Brawl, I should probably wise up and find me one of these. Excellent shot, he looks great especially with the added logo. :clap

Looks pretty nice in its alt mode anyway, but there's only one MP Decepticon tank I want.

01sR9Ii.jpg

Yeah, I've never added to my collection of 80s Transformers, but I've been thinking of adding some stuff like the triple changers and wreckers to my old gang. Just sooo much stuff I want, its hard on the wallet being a fan of pretty much every 80s franchise in existence. :lol

so I just looked online, Toys R us has masterpiece soundwave for 120 bucks, is that really how much he's going to cost at retail? Grimlock was 60$ and I actually have no idea how much the new optimus was. That seems pretty steep, I'd almost rather shell out the extra cash and get the diecast Takara version.

so I just looked online, Toys R us has masterpiece soundwave for 120 bucks, is that really how much he's going to cost at retail? Grimlock was 60$ and I actually have no idea how much the new optimus was. That seems pretty steep, I'd almost rather shell out the extra cash and get the diecast Takara version.

Yes..thats how much he will be. Toys R Us price gouges...I believe Optimus (recent edition) retailed at $99.99 and then they upped the price to $119.00

He comes with all five tapes though. The Takara version only comes with Laserbeak, and the other tapes are sold separate.

Diecast? The only difference between Takara and hasbro is the paint scheme. That and 4 additional tapes.

For the price I'm considering paying for Brawl, I should probably wise up and find me one of these. Excellent shot, he looks great especially with the added logo. :clap
l

Glad you like the pic!

QuakeWave sets the new standard for 3rd party products and I can't speak highly enough of it.

It's no exaggeration to say that the build quality is superior to many official products including Masterpieces and it cost me £30 less than MP13 so it's also pretty good value for money.

If Takara make a Masterpiece Shockwave they would probably get the aesthetic closer to the cartoon but it wouldn't take a thing away from what Fans Toys have done with the character.

Thats a bargain. Considering the resellers here are starting to sell PO of him at around $300+

I finally got round to adding a Decepticon logo to QuakeWave,

Wow nice,the logo looks great. Do you have any close up comparison pics of Shocky with any MP10 and up bots. I would like to see how much their plastics differ if any. I really hope Takara makes him one day as that hope is the only reason I passed on Quake. :gah:

If that's the regular version, it stands like 5 inches tall maybe, Blackout was a way cooler figure, not that much bigger but he was way better than Brawl.

Movie_Voyager_Blackout_toy.jpg

Unless if you're looking at the Leader class version, which is quite cool, I want to say he is around 9 or 10 inches tall

TAK11648.jpg

Those are the only to Bay toys I ever considered purchasing but by that time they had shot up in price. Really nice looking indeed. Wasnt there another repaint of the battle chopper?

Can't beat the 80's

The new stuff just don't compare hha

:exactly: only exception being the MP line!

01sR9Ii.jpg

Damn I always want that figure,I should just buy one. My parents bought me astrotrain instead:monkey2. IF they do a MP version of him Id have to be down for three of em. Hes the best triple changer imo. Great in the cartoons too.

Well, the Takara version does seem to be the superior version, but not because of diecast.

Hasbro's the better value, though - as others have said, it will come with five tapes. $120 doesn't really seem bad in the current context of MP prices... heck, even comparing it to Grimlock (which was $70 a few years ago, I believe, at TRU) - $50 for five mini-MPs seems reasonable to me.

Glad you like the pic!

QuakeWave sets the new standard for 3rd party products and I can't speak highly enough of it.

It's no exaggeration to say that the build quality is superior to many official products including Masterpieces and it cost me £30 less than MP13 so it's also pretty good value for money.

If Takara make a Masterpiece Shockwave they would probably get the aesthetic closer to the cartoon but it wouldn't take a thing away from what Fans Toys have done with the character.

Good endorsement. You're making it difficult to resist!

Takara version has NO diecast. Only difference is some paint applications.

Late to the triple changer party but I picked up Springer, Blitzwing and Sandstorm on my lunch break. 1st Transformers I have bought in a while. All three look pretty good.

Late to the triple changer party but I picked up Springer, Blitzwing and Sandstorm on my lunch break. 1st Transformers I have bought in a while. All three look pretty good.

I got Springer and Blitz at WalMart, but they didn't have Sandstorm, guess I'll have to track him down.

Fund springer and Blitzwing over the weekend.... BUT

Springer was open, and 1/2 transformed. I checked his box, all pieces were there.. so i decided to finish his transformation and inspect him.
If he passed, I would ask the checkout clerk for a discount.

I got 90% done, and flipped the head... and it falls out. his neck peg was broken off.

NEWP. back on teh shelf you go.

SOME, yes. MP-10 has some Diecast in his lower legs.
Though, for the most part, Takara has thankfully moved away from putting garbage metal in their toys.

Back