ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well these look kind of terrible. I seriously hope they haven't abandoned their MP-figures of these two in favor for these.

mw12stinger_1366211263.jpg

mw13rocky_1366211263.jpg

https://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/igear-mini-warriors-mw-12-stinger-and-mw-13-rocky-revealed-177268/

Mark me down for a Rocky. Luv that alt mode.

Buy QuakeWave. It's f'ing awesome!

Takara's inability to reissue the G1 toy probably won't affect their ability to make a Masterpiece and they've already got the license to the name back as the most recent toy of the character ( in the FoC line ) was called Shockwave as opposed to Shockblast.

Having said that an official MP Shockwave is unlikely for at least a couple of years as the following are apparently in various stages of development,

Megatron V2
Galvatron
Ultra Magnus
Sunstreaker
Mirage
Hound

Also likely are,

Soundblaster repaint of MP13 with Ratbat
eHobby variant of Bluestreak ( G1 toy or Diaclone color scheme. )
also rumored is a white, ehobby variant of soundwave.

hope its true.

I was asking that same question. Captured prey just listed preorders for the presumably final batch of Quakewaves ever to be released. I preordered, I'm not sure i takara will ever get to do him. And prices on this piece (before third batch was announced) were going through the roof on eBay already.
I wouldn't wait if u were you bro!

Alright, just preordered on Captured Prey :hi5:

Having said that an official MP Shockwave is unlikely for at least a couple of years as the following are apparently in various stages of development,

Megatron V2
Galvatron
Ultra Magnus
Sunstreaker
Mirage
Hound

Also likely are,

Soundblaster repaint of MP13 with Ratbat
eHobby variant of Bluestreak ( G1 toy or Diaclone color scheme. )

ibnEngI6E0dlmv.gif

To be honest I've also considered selling mine as it'd probably raise a nice chunk of cash towards one of the other Hot Toys Iron Man armors from the new movie.

In that eventuality I'll just have Grimlock lead my Autobots as I'm really not bothered about Prime.

Wha???

Okay, explain yourself. I have to know why you don't like Prime. :)

Where are you all getting your TRU MP-10s???
I have not been able to find that sob ANYWHERE.
Are you just paying eBay prices?

Nah, just completed a nice trade for him.

I got rid of a few of my Henkeis and United figures (I think it was Inferno, Sunstreaker, Bluestreak, and Tracks), iGear UFO, TF Prime Season 1 Blu-ray set... and there might have been something else in there, I can't remember. But that's the gist of it.

For that, I got TRU MP-10 MIB, TRU MP-09 MIB, loose TRU MP Grimlock (unfortunately sans crown, but that was trade fodder anyway since I already have him), MOC Takara TFA Arcee, MOC Hasbro WFC Soundwave and Cliffjumper, a loose WFC 3-pack Bumblebee, a loose MOTUC Hurricane Hordak (trade fodder again), some loose MOTUC Grayskull stands, and some Renderform upgrade set for Generations Red Alert (more trade fodder for me).

Pretty awesome deal, imo. But bear in mind I did pay aftermarket prices for the Henkei stuff, so it wasn't as awesome as it could have been. Guy was happy on his end too, since he's focusing on CHUG rather than MP and prices on that stuff can still be quite high.

I ended up trading that Grimlock for some stuff at the JoeCon, including a MOSC Night Force Lady Jaye that can go for big bucks. Probably going to hold onto that so I can sell it and get some cash too.

Deals can be had, just be patient! :)

also rumored is a white, ehobby variant of soundwave.

hope its true.

As long as I get Megatron V2 and the Autobot cars I'm good :)

DPrime,
I feel that Optimus Prime has been shoved down the fandom's throats as being the be all and end all of the franchise for so long that it's got to the point where I just don't care about him any more.

So I've decided my collection can do without him.

As long as I get Megatron V2 and the Autobot cars I'm good :)

DPrime,
I feel that Optimus Prime has been shoved down the fandom's throats as being the be all and end all of the franchise for so long that it's got to the point where I just don't care about him any more.

Is that all? :)

I bet you'll regret not having one, one day, though I do agree with you about the Prime overkill. Quite frankly I would LOVE to see the next Transformers franchise not have Optimus, but yeah, like that'll ever happen. :)

Where about's are you based?

He's still sat on shelves at my local Toys-R-Us in the UK

Neil

Salt Lake City, Utah. USA.

Other TRU releases have been very well stocked, at least around here. But this guy.... Man, this hunting sucks.
I have the takara version, but I'm really hoping to get this one as well!

Wha???

Okay, explain yourself. I have to know why you don't like Prime. :)

Nah, just completed a nice trade for him.

I got rid of a few of my Henkeis and United figures (I think it was Inferno, Sunstreaker, Bluestreak, and Tracks), iGear UFO, TF Prime Season 1 Blu-ray set... and there might have been something else in there, I can't remember. But that's the gist of it.

For that, I got TRU MP-10 MIB, TRU MP-09 MIB, loose TRU MP Grimlock (unfortunately sans crown, but that was trade fodder anyway since I already have him), MOC Takara TFA Arcee, MOC Hasbro WFC Soundwave and Cliffjumper, a loose WFC 3-pack Bumblebee, a loose MOTUC Hurricane Hordak (trade fodder again), some loose MOTUC Grayskull stands, and some Renderform upgrade set for Generations Red Alert (more trade fodder for me).

Pretty awesome deal, imo. But bear in mind I did pay aftermarket prices for the Henkei stuff, so it wasn't as awesome as it could have been. Guy was happy on his end too, since he's focusing on CHUG rather than MP and prices on that stuff can still be quite high.

I ended up trading that Grimlock for some stuff at the JoeCon, including a MOSC Night Force Lady Jaye that can go for big bucks. Probably going to hold onto that so I can sell it and get some cash too.

Deals can be had, just be patient! :)

I had a lot of classics traded in as well, hoping to get some cash. And I did.
Luckily, I got mp Lambor and red alert before they hit those ridiculous prices, but i guess I was a little naive to even think TRU Optimus might show up at the local TRU and didn't get It when someone wanted only 150 for it.

DPrime,

Yeah, but that's because Prime IS the end all, be all of the franchise. Surely we TF fans can honestly quibble about various issues--is Hot Rod a useless POS? Are the Bayformer films useless POSs? In how many ways can we count the lameness of Beast Wars? etc. --but Optimus Prime! Somehow I thought that was a kind of sacred cow issue, and no one, among all collectors and fans of Transformers in the entire world, could dislike the guy or not want figures of him in their collection. That's like saying you don't like puppies, fresh air, or sunshine.

Yeah, but that's because Prime IS the end all, be all of the franchise. Surely we TF fans can honestly quibble about various issues--is Hot Rod a useless POS? Are the Bayformer films useless POSs? In how many ways can we count the lameness of Beast Wars? etc. --but Optimus Prime! Somehow I thought that was a kind of sacred cow issue, and no one, among all collectors and fans of Transformers in the entire world, could dislike the guy or not want figures of him in their collection. That's like saying you don't like puppies, fresh air, or sunshine.

Lol I have to say I pretty much agree with all that.

Prime is the franchise always has been...I mean he's come back to life how many times?
In fact we were so distraught over his death in the Animated movie that on the UK version (not sure if it was on the other releases) they added the voice over to let us all know he'd be back.

What really winds me up is the Bumblebee situation...he's been an annoying & a hateful little yellow robot since the beginning of time & how he's so popular & over-saturated is beyond me.

I honestly think that there should be at least one Prime in every collection.

Neil

In fact we were so distraught over his death in the Animated movie that on the UK version (not sure if it was on the other releases) they added the voice over to let us all know he'd be back.
Really? I didn't know that. Did not happen in the U.S. version, though the lesson learned from all the distraught kids who saw that film and then cried themselves to sleep for weeks on end was Hasbro/Sunbow throwing a line in to the end of the GI Joe animated movie saying that their leader character (Duke) was alive and was going to pull through, even though in the script he dead.* I guess the UK got the animated movie after the U.S. did, which led to the same kind of change. I would love to see this change.

*in fact, rumor is that the Duke decision came prior to the Optimus decision, and actually was the catalyst for Prime's death since Hasbro's execs liked the idea so much :lol

Really? I didn't know that. Did not happen in the U.S. version, though the lesson learned from all the distraught kids who saw that film and then cried themselves to sleep for weeks on end was Hasbro/Sunbow throwing a line in to the end of the GI Joe animated movie saying that their leader character (Duke) was alive and was going to pull through, even though in the script he dead.* I guess the UK got the animated movie after the U.S. did, which led to the same kind of change. I would love to see this change.

*in fact, rumor is that the Duke decision came prior to the Optimus decision, and actually was the catalyst for Prime's death since Hasbro's execs liked the idea so much :lol

Yep I remember it distinctly.
I was a blubbering mess in the Cinema when Prime died & spent much of the film that way only to hear the lovely voice over artist at the end of the movie tell me that...

The battle is over, but the galaxy-spanning adventures of the Transformers will continue, and the greatest Autobot of them all, Optimus Prime, will return.

That made me feel loads better :rotfl

Neil

The battle is over, but the galaxy-spanning adventures of the Transformers will continue, and the greatest Autobot of them all, Optimus Prime, will return.
LOL, that is hilarious because it is so generic, and obviously tacked on as an advertisement to get folks to watch the crummy third season of Transformers.

LOL, that is hilarious because it is so generic, and obviously tacked on as an advertisement to get folks to watch the crummy third season of Transformers.

Tell me about it but it worked...I stopped snivelling & they made me part with even more of my (parents ;)) cash because I bought about a gazillion more toys from that series & beyond.
Including the increasingly more bizarre Powermaster / Targetmaster / Headmaster / Pretender figures that we didn't even get cartoons for...glad the amazing comics helped me fill in the gaps with them :)

Neil

That was before they realized they could make new toys of older characters and have them sell based on the character alone. I don't think we'll ever have a major series where Prime is not the leader for a large stretch. I mean the movie was mainly to reset the toy line because Optimus and co were no longer on shelves.

It's also one of the things that makes the IDW comics compelling in that Prime takes a backseat.

Yeah, it's like, the idea of character re-releases didn't even cross their mind, which ties into the death issue, because it just seemed in general like Hasbro didn't understand that kids would become attached to specific characters. They just figured the kids would play with them, then move on to the newer thing that came next. But in truth, it's the characters in those cartoons that really drove the line forward and kept it going all these years later. I'm sure the Sunbow guys understood that, but they weren't calling the shots.

They learned though. Although the cartoon was all but dead in the US by then, they made Powermaster Prime and re-released a bunch of characters with targetmasters.

Though now that I think about it they had Megatron stick around in updated form, even if Cyclonus and the Sweeps didn't really keep their personalities.

Prime is the centre of TF. You can't call yourself a fan of the franchise, collect figures in the line and not have at least one representation of the guy in the mix. It's like collecting MOTUC and not getting He-Man, collecting Star Wars but skipping Vader or watching Bay Watch and skipping past the Pam Anderson bikini scenes

Back