ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But he's still a bland truckformer, I did the whole "Optimus is awesome" thing as a kid and got it out of my system.

These days I'm more intrested in characters I didn't own back then as well as ones I still have an affinity for such as Bluestreak and Soundwave.

If I make back what I originally paid for Faith Leader ( about £85 ) I'll be fine with that.

Dude, you're like totally right! Bluestreak and Soundwave could combine to make the ultimate leader of both Autobots and Decepticons... Radimus Wave! So so rad!!!!!!!!1 :rock

:explode::explode::explode::explode::explode: :explode:

Feeling green. Finally managed to find and order a Classics Hound yesterday, and I preordered Generations Springer, which is looking insanely good.:yess:

It's all blitzwing. So far, I'm hearing nothing but good things about springer.

Watch the review

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFBPOG3T-a8[/ame]

Feeling green. Finally managed to find and order a Classics Hound yesterday, and I preordered Generations Springer, which is looking insanely good.:yess:

Congrats!

Classics Hound is one of the better molds in that line and Springer looks.....OK.

depends on what you like I guess. Defender is Cool and all, but personaly I like the IDW style and look of the newer hasbro one more.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_iZ8k2AFWs[/ame]

Last edited:
Congrats!

Classics Hound is one of the better molds in that line and Springer looks.....OK.

Yeah, Hound is one of the last must have figures from that line I still need.

Springer is about as perfect as I could expect AND he's based on the LSOTW design, my favorite design of him and character interpretation. There is no way I'm passing it up.

I have to disagree there. The headsculpt is nicer, but that's all.

Even if I didn't love the LSOTW design, I still would have to prefer the Generations. Warbot Defender's altmodes look piles of boxes and not really like anything and the proportions are way too manganese and boxy in robot mode for me. I do wish Gen Springer had the guns though. To each their own though.

As much as he ripped Blitzwing apart, I really just want him for the awesome looking robot mode, so it looks like I'm still on course as far as picking him up...even after that review:lol

Although, I'll wait out for the Takara version

Pretty cool t-shirt on riptapparel.com today. You have about 4 hours left to buy one.

the-land-before-prime-detail_19494_cached_thumb_-928107ac47da4bc345a3edd84ac43cf3.jpg

depends on what you like I guess. Defender is Cool and all, but personaly I like the IDW style and look of the newer hasbro one more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_iZ8k2AFWs

It looks much better in that video than those initial promotional shots.

But I would still have a hard time justifying paying import prices ( A UK retail release is at best uncertain. ) for an official Transformer that's not a Takara Masterpiece.

Ra88,
Glad you're getting you're favorite rendition of the character, MP Bluestreak is probably my ultimate release as the G1 toy was my first ever large Autobot car as a kid.

karamazov80, Frank,
Funny stuff! :lol

DPrime,
Soundwave is.....superior :)

He is superior - possibly my favourite Transformer of all time. But he IS a bit bland - both in looks and personality. Possibly part of the reason I like him. :)

if nothing else, the new springer DOES look better than warbot defender.

I have to disagree there. The headsculpt is nicer, but that's all.

I don't know. Part of me would be happy to sell my Defender, but it's not because the Generations one would be a replacement... I think I'll end up getting it anyway, just because of LSotW, but as a G1 accurate Springer it's still a bit lacking.

I have a feeling Defender will fit in with the likes of MP Sideswipe and what not a lot better, whereas Generations Springer is going to be more of a standalone piece to pose next to my LSotW hardcover (along with Presser, if iGear ever releases him!). But then again I now have a very, very limited Classics display. If I was all in with the CHUG stuff, and not as concerned with G1 accuracy, I'd probably want GenSpring as my go to figure.

And it might end up that way anyway, because I'm not a HUGE fan of Springer. I was leaning towards selling WD anyway even before GenSpring was announced, so we'll see. Not gonna sell at a big loss, though. :)

Even if I didn't love the LSOTW design, I still would have to prefer the Generations. Warbot Defender's altmodes look piles of boxes and not really like anything and the proportions are way too manganese and boxy in robot mode for me. I do wish Gen Springer had the guns though. To each their own though.

That's kind of how the G1 version was, though, too. That car GenSpring turns into is nothing like G1. He's a bit too lithe in proportions for a proper G1 interpretation, too.

Hey, I still like him, but it's basically because of LSotW. He's not a better G1 version than WD, though. At least I don't think so now - maybe in hand I'll have a different opinion.

Blitzwing was looking a lot better in more recent pics, too.

Soundwave isn't bland. He's just stoic. And loyal. I think it's a great idea to have a bad guy like that in a time when more outrageous and colorful villains were really the norm in cartoons. Particularly when you juxtapose Soundwave with Starscream.

so what is this babble about Takara getting the licenses for Mirage and Hound??

So MP Sunstreaker,Hound and Mirage are close? hope so!

Back