ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think there were any differences in the original toys or cartoon designs, so my guess is that they will share the same mold. Only mold difference, like with Red Alert, being the emergency lights on Prowl.

--edit: just seeing chockey's post. I didn't realize that Red Alert had a different head. I guess other minor changes are possible, though I believe MP Ultra Magnus was a straight-up repaint, no? And Skywarp?

Red Alert also has faux wheels on his shoulders. They're differentiating characters by their animation models. Which is pretty cool.

Damn so that would have been mine as well today :gah::gah:

Why did the wife have to go out :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Oh well tomorrow it is then.

Any issues with yours buddy??

Neil

Nothing aside from the tiniest bit of red paint splash onto the silver of Laserbeak's weapons which isn't even close to being noticeable unless you really look for it.

Soundwave is everything you could want for an "ultimate" edition of your favorite character and Laserbeak is an even greater achievement in my book....getting that kind of cartoon accuracy using the same scale as G1 and no partsforming for the weapons is incredible.

One thing I would advise is some caution when folding out the fins on Laserbeak's weapons as they were a bit stiff and although the plastic is pretty sturdy I think there's a possible risk of breakage if you try and force them into place.

Here's a few pics,

thebeak.jpg

mp13coin.jpg

screamwave.jpg

faithmp13.jpg

mp12mp13mp14.jpg

I don't mind my Decepticons being bigger than my Autobots so I'm cool with how he looks next to Faith Leader and the cars.

Bring on Rumble & Ravage!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG :panic::panic::panic::panic:

How awesome does he look :)

Glad you had no issues buddy & I see Kapow were good enough to include the coins again :yess::yess:

Did you get the Energon cubes as well??

Tomorrow can't come soon enough now.

Thanks for the pics :hi5:

Neil

That's if we actually see it here in the UK

After the TRU debacle with the MP10 release I'm not holding out any hope for anymore MP's here.

I will grab a US version if I can though...SW is definitely worth owning twice :)

Neil

Oh i wasn't expecting to be able to buy them in this stupid country, why would i ever think of such a ridiculous thing? :p
No i meant id import them.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG :panic::panic::panic::panic:

How awesome does he look :)

Glad you had no issues buddy & I see Kapow were good enough to include the coins again :yess::yess:

Did you get the Energon cubes as well??

Tomorrow can't come soon enough now.

Thanks for the pics :hi5:

Neil

Yeah, he's great, I don't think I'll be too disgruntled with having to buy the mold a second time to get Ratbat after all!

My issue with the feet not being quite like the G1 toy is still kinda there but the ankle articulation is decent enough and the diecast feet keep him nice and stable.

No extra Energon cubes but I wasn't too bothered about those. I'm going to see if I can get the PerfectEffect Reflector trio to carry the one included in the standard package.

Hope yours arrives in the same kind of condition as mine!

Whilst doing the pic of Soundwave with Starscream it struck me that my Decepticon collection is missing someone important....but not for too much longer :wink1:

EDIT
Just noticed a couple of other small paint issues on Laserbeak including a chip in the silver on one of the fins on the weapons....the chip could easily pass for battle damage so no big deal.

Last edited:
Here's a few pics,

thebeak.jpg

mp13coin.jpg

screamwave.jpg

faithmp13.jpg

mp12mp13mp14.jpg

Fantastic mate pics !!! He looks great :hi5: So glad that Kapow included the coin!!! :yess:
Really glad yours came without any major QC issues. Congrats !!!
How does he rank in order of your fave masterpieces?

Damn so that would have been mine as well today

Why did the wife have to go out

Oh well tomorrow it is then.

Any issues with yours buddy??

Neil

I'm in the same boat as you mate. Came home to a card today. So near yet so far :gah:

It's strange as our posties have a policy of leaving packages with a neighbour (even items that need to be signed for) This happens with most of my stuff but never with a single thing from Kapow. I always have to go tothe depot.

Fingers crossed ours come with good QC like the corsair :pray:

Bob

Nothing aside from the tiniest bit of red paint splash onto the silver of Laserbeak's weapons which isn't even close to being noticeable unless you really look for it.

Soundwave is everything you could want for an "ultimate" edition of your favorite character and Laserbeak is an even greater achievement in my book....getting that kind of cartoon accuracy using the same scale as G1 and no partsforming for the weapons is incredible.

One thing I would advise is some caution when folding out the fins on Laserbeak's weapons as they were a bit stiff and although the plastic is pretty sturdy I think there's a possible risk of breakage if you try and force them into place.

Here's a few pics,

faithmp13.jpg

Nice Pics. But it kinda sucks that Optimus is shorter than Soundwave.

He looks good thecorsair! I'm hoping my Soundwave comes with relatively little qc problems as yours did. Any pics of Starscream holding the Megatron gun by chance? :pray:

Fantastic mate pics !!! He looks great :hi5: So glad that Kapow included the coin!!! :yess:
Really glad yours came without any major QC issues. Congrats !!!
How does he rank in order of your fave masterpieces?
Bob

Glad you like the pics! :)

It's really tricky to seperate my Masterpieces as all the ones I've got ( MP08 & MP11-14 ) are great in their own way.

Laserbeak is the greatest in terms of engineering purely because the scale Takara had to work with was identical to the G1 toy.

Soundwave was my favorite Decepticon in G1 and the character has had a lot of bad redesigns and even worse toys since then so it's great to get such an incredible version of the original design.

Sideswipe & Red Alert have the whole licensed Lamborghini thing going for them and the robot modes are also top notch, Takara even went the extra mile to make Red look a bit different and I expect the Nissans will get the same treatment.

Grimlock was the first Masterpiece I bought and will always be a favorite although I am starting to think a new one that's a minimum of 3 inches taller in robot mode might be a good idea.

Looking ahead, Bluestreak will be of major nostalgic value to me and it'll be nice to finally own a decent Ravage as I missed out on the Device Label one when it was still available at a decent price.

work13,
Glad you like the pics!

The Prime in that picture is iGear's Faith Leader, a scaled down KO of the MP01/04 mold. I prefer it to either of the official alternatives.

bicoid18,
Glad you like the pics also. I'll do a pic of Starscream shortly!

There is talk a of newer Grimlock or a re-issue...whether that happens,we'll see

There is talk a of newer Grimlock or a re-issue...whether that happens,we'll see

Who's doing the talking, someone who knows their stuff?

Or the morons who post in the speculation thread at TFW that still can't comprehend the differences in the G1 molds of Sideswipe & Sunstreaker or that legal issues will prevent a complete set of Autobot cars no matter how much Takara may want to make certain characters.

If it's the former, then I'd take it seriously, if it's the latter, I'd dismiss it entirely.

bicoid18,
Here's Starscream with the boss,
mp11megs.jpg

Last edited:
Can´t believe how great he looks.
Soundwave is prolly the best looking MP besides MP-01.
Such a perfect cartoon reminisence.
Gotta get him as soon as I can.
Congrats to all who have him already and best of luck to the brother with that stiff foot on SW.
:1-1:

I on my side just finally received Megatron and wanted to share a few photos. He is THE PAIN to transform...for real, but worth it, great feel to, once you have him in hand, but I guess many of you know that already.
Anyhow, to the pics:

MP_MT_01_zps58209d6c.jpg

MP_MT_03_zpsd7aee417.jpg

MP_MT_06_zpsbeaef04e.jpg

MP_MT_07_zpsd1d2b6af.jpg

MP_MT_11_zps7ac33f01.jpg

MP_MT_13_zpsd0d76b96.jpg

And if you like, drop by in my collection thread, there´s my current G1/MP set up.

:wave

I dont care what anyone says, if you have MP Megatron in your collection he definitely becomes a centerpiece of that collection.
But, as much as i enjoy my MP Megs he does need an update....DESPERATELY.
If they can re-do MP Megs as well as they re-did Prime, id be one happy bunny.

I dont care what anyone says, if you have MP Megatron in your collection he definitely becomes a centerpiece of that collection.
But, as much as i enjoy my MP Megs he does need an update....DESPERATELY.
If they can re-do MP Megs as well as they re-did Prime, id be one happy bunny.

I might get that version too then, but have to see, also if MP-10 Prime gets the MP-01 treatment, namely, Cab only, without trailer.
Cause I really DON´T NEED the trailer...

But thx, man. I was happy when I had him transformed back, but if you consider the engineerical knjow-how that must have been put into this, then MP Megs gets even MORE awesome if you ask me...

bicoid18,
Here's Starscream with the boss,

Thanks man! Really appreciate it. :hi5:

EndoSickness said:
I on my side just finally received Megatron and wanted to share a few photos. He is THE PAIN to transform...for real, but worth it, great feel to, once you have him in hand, but I guess many of you know that already.
Anyhow, to the pics:

You transformed him? :panic: :panic:
Those pics look good! Hope you don't mind if I copy the 2nd pose for a while. :lol

Grimlock is definitely up there as one of my favourite MP molds. As an update to the old toy, he's stellar. Plus I think he's fairly cartoon accurate in my eyes (barring the size of course). He's not to complicated to transform and is pretty sturdy.

As for Megs being reissued, I hope that happens sooner rather than later. A Megatron repaint for Galvatron with added parts would be a cool concept, but would probably be very hard to pull off if Takara wanted to reuse the mold.

Toyarena.com has MP Soundwave in stock, I just placed my order this morning and it's already shipped! $189.99 plus free shipping!

Back