ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol that's quite funny.
The scary thing is I had ALOT of them as a kid...they actually paved my way into Transformers so served a little purpose ;)

Anyway I had another session in the artist chair on Saturday & finally took some pics today but finally my Tattoo is pretty much complete (bar some background detail that is booked for April)
So after 3 more hours we got Soundwave finished :yess::clap:clap
And this is the final result...

20130128_210542.jpg

20130128_210551.jpg

20130128_210600.jpg

To say I'm pleased in an understatement.
Every painful second has been worth it.

Neil

I didn't have many Gobots but I liked some of them, the little submarine was cool and Rock Lords had great playability in alt mode as they made handy projectiles which must have driven parents nuts :lol

The tats look great, when your MP13 arrives you'll have to do a pic with it standing next to your leg!

A few posts back I predicted the next new MP mold would be Galvatron....I'm officially changing that to the original incarnation of that character :wink1:

I didn't have many Gobots but I liked some of them, the little submarine was cool and Rock Lords had great playability in alt mode as they made handy projectiles which must have driven parents nuts :lol

The tats look great, when your MP13 arrives you'll have to do a pic with it standing next to your leg!

A few posts back I predicted the next new MP mold would be Galvatron....I'm officially changing that to the original incarnation of that character :wink1:

Lol I remember the Rock lord movie I actually enjoyed that as a kid, the toys were ok & served a purpose...they were whipping boys for my army of TF's ;) :lol

Thanks buddy :1-1:
Funny you should say that...I was thinking about doing that...will give me an excuse to take some better pics as well...the lighting is terrible in my flat.

Hmmm intrigued by your last comment...V2 Megs closer than we thought??

Neil

Lol I remember the Rock lord movie I actually enjoyed that as a kid, the toys were ok & served a purpose...they were whipping boys for my army of TF's ;) :lol

Thanks buddy :1-1:
Funny you should say that...I was thinking about doing that...will give me an excuse to take some better pics as well...the lighting is terrible in my flat.

Hmmm intrigued by your last comment...V2 Megs closer than we thought??

Neil

I went to see the Rock Lords movie too! :hi5:

As for Megatron V2 being closer than expected....it might well be.

Moving on. Review of Quakewave:

Saw this over at TFW as well. Really impressed at how the samples turned out. Evidently so were a lot of people. Went to Automaton to PO and they were all sold out. :lol

I went to see the Rock Lords movie too! :hi5:

As for Megatron V2 being closer than expected....it might well be.

Lol I love 80's cartoon movies they are just the best.

Oooooh excited now...definitely not making the same mistake I did with MP10 & I'll be ordering him as soon as I possibly can.

Wow Bluestreak announced too now,this is just too much at once :panic:

I know tell me about it...this year has been awesome so far.

Just wish we'd get some teaser pics up...the wait is driving me nuts :impatient::impatient:

Neil

DPrime,
I thought Takara's nod to Red Alert's animation model differences worked OK so I'm eager to see how they do the same with MP17-19.

Yeah, that was a nice surprise. They didn't have to do that but I'm glad they did.

Makes me hopeful for slightly different facesculpts for Skywarp and Thundercracker. I know they weren't different in the show but some different expressions might be nice - they tried it in the original MPs but it didn't seem to work out that well...

Soundwave is one of the most well known characters. He is the guy that everyone knows. It'd be a hit with hardcore fans, casual fans, and even just people who are. He's the easiest money that they will ever make. He'll get released. If not, they are truly the biggest **** ups that the world has ever seen.

Well, stranger things have happened... :)

But yeah, I agree - they probably will do it. He "fits the bill", as it were, in the context of past TRU Masterpieces.

I'd say he's more likely than Sideswipe or Red Alert, seeing as how they're much smaller toys. You never know, though - we might get them too, but just because Takara is willing to expand the Masterpiece market to include smaller characters doesn't mean TRU is. After all, these are all one-shot kind of deals for them...

Not strictly Transformers, but has anyone read this?

https://io9.com/go_bots/

:) Thanks for sharing that.

The guy who made up that page can go suck a ****, Go-Bots and Rocklords i enjoyed very much as a kid.

Why would you take to the time to **** on lines like that when most of the toys at retail today are absolute ****.

I thought it was funny. :dunno

Saw this over at TFW as well. Really impressed at how the samples turned out. Evidently so were a lot of people. Went to Automaton to PO and they were all sold out. :lol

I'm sure they'll do a second run if it's a hit.

I'm glad it turned out well... still not convinced a better version won't come out of Takara, though...

Anyway I had another session in the artist chair on Saturday & finally took some pics today but finally my Tattoo is pretty much complete (bar some background detail that is booked for April)
So after 3 more hours we got Soundwave finished :yess::clap:clap
And this is the final result...

20130128_210542.jpg

20130128_210551.jpg

20130128_210600.jpg

To say I'm pleased in an understatement.
Every painful second has been worth it.

Neil

Wow where is this artist located? Is he local as my wife wants a tattoo done later on in the year.
BTW where in Basildon are you from? We should meet up and hang out and talk toys and stuff. (im in basildon too)

Hey guys got Mp Soundwave in!! He is great EXCEPT mine came with a serious flaw. His left leg will not fully sit flat. It seems it was assembled wrong,maybe some screws were too tight Im not sure. I can force it to sit flat but it just springs back. So because of this he cannot stand:( Be sure to check urs out when u get him. Below r some pics i took...

iRyFYGshd7EC2.jpg

ijs9gN6rZuTeW.jpg

iblZgyn2N2z2p1.jpg

ibj4m6LT2FOSWf.jpg

ibwmUFsa0kq0K5.jpg

I would try and force it out,if it breaks it breaks,but that's me.I assume getting to the screws on that ankle joint is impossible?

Oooh sorry to hear about the issues Furyan.

Have you just tried messaging your seller, see if they can do anything with Takara to get a replacement??

Or even try Takara direct.

Worst case is wait till the Hasbro version arrives...buy one & replace your one, take it back as broken & get a refund that way ;)

Devious maybe but it will probably work ;) lol

Neil

I didnt really fiddle with it too much. Tried forcing it from multiple ways but it wouldnt stay flush no matter what. I see a few screws but none really look like they would lead directly to the problem area. But yeah I contacted the seller (robot kingdom)we shall see what happens. They have been great so far,but ive never had a problem with anything ive ordered from them before. will keep everyone posted.

I didnt really fiddle with it too much. Tried forcing it from multiple ways but it wouldnt stay flush no matter what. I see a few screws but none really look like they would lead directly to the problem area. But yeah I contacted the seller (robot kingdom)we shall see what happens. They have been great so far,but ive never had a problem with anything ive ordered from them before. will keep everyone posted.

Mine is expected to arrive from BBTS on Thursday. Thanks for the heads up.

Yikes, hope mine is alright.

I hope Robotkingdom works out for you.. One thing I've found is that their customer service on such things is quite lacking... BBTS, TFSource and Automaton Toys are stellar, though.

I still order from them, as their prices are just too good... but it feels like a gamble, sometime. Luckily nothing they've sent me has had any issues.

Dubz, where's the comment on QC??? ;)

That looks bad Furyan, I hope RK can sort it for you.

My MP13 arrived with no paperwork in the box. No instruction booklet, no collector card, nowt. I've contacted HLJ to see if they can sort it so fingers crossed.

You guys are getting me all worried...

Still, I wonder if Soundwave's waiting for me at home right now? :)

I just read a message on TFW from Andy at Kapow Toys and he says that all MP Soundwave orders will be shipped by tomorrow! :yess:

It sucks that there's been some QC issues so I hope everyone affected can get a replacement sorted out and I also hope mine arrives OK.

I just read a message on TFW from Andy at Kapow Toys and he says that all MP Soundwave orders will be shipped by tomorrow! :yess:

It sucks that there's been some QC issues so I hope everyone affected can get a replacement sorted out and I also hope mine arrives OK.

AWESOME news. Hopefully we will have him by Friday :hi5:

Was there any news on if it comes with the coin or the extra energon cubes mate?

Fingers crossed for no QC probs :pray:

Bob

Back