ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
215.jpg

130.jpg

Well I picked him up this morning & had a quick play at Lunchtime...he's so freaking sweet words fail me.

Had a good look round mine & QC seems pretty spot on.
Got a little bit of a blob of excess paint on his face but it's not that noticeable & doesn't worry me too much.

Feet clip in place ok & hips are equal size.

Not tried transforming him yet as I didn't have time but will have a play tonight or tomorrow now.

All in all though he is fantastic, just about my best figure of any line ever.

in fact I was so excited to have him that in my haste to cut the selotape to get at him I managed to cut my thumb lol

Now bring on the cassette's!!!

Neil

You transformed him? :panic: :panic:
Those pics look good! Hope you don't mind if I copy the 2nd pose for a while. :lol

Grimlock is definitely up there as one of my favourite MP molds. As an update to the old toy, he's stellar. Plus I think he's fairly cartoon accurate in my eyes (barring the size of course). He's not to complicated to transform and is pretty sturdy.

As for Megs being reissued, I hope that happens sooner rather than later. A Megatron repaint for Galvatron with added parts would be a cool concept, but would probably be very hard to pull off if Takara wanted to reuse the mold.

Sure, man.
Knock yourself out.

Yeah, I transformed him. But it's the hardest thing ever, talkin' about transformers.

A double MP would be something, Megatron upgradeahle to Galvatron. But I guess that's impossible to the extremely different alternate modes...

Thanks man! Really appreciate it. :hi5:

You transformed him? :panic: :panic:
Those pics look good! Hope you don't mind if I copy the 2nd pose for a while. :lol

Grimlock is definitely up there as one of my favourite MP molds. As an update to the old toy, he's stellar. Plus I think he's fairly cartoon accurate in my eyes (barring the size of course). He's not to complicated to transform and is pretty sturdy.

As for Megs being reissued, I hope that happens sooner rather than later. A Megatron repaint for Galvatron with added parts would be a cool concept, but would probably be very hard to pull off if Takara wanted to reuse the mold.

No problem!

I think an MP05 rerelease is extremely unlikely as a V2 is on the way which will be scaled to MP10.

Takara have made their intent when it comes to scaling and giving characters their own molds pretty clear by now so I think MP01 & MP05 should be gradually forgotten because their relevance to the future direction of the line is non existent.

If ( as looks likely ) Sunstreaker gets his own mold, a character that's much higher on the totem pole of importance like Galvatron definitely will.

All the cash made from the Lamborghini and Nissan repaints will help put more new molds into production which is likely why they're being pumped out in quick succession.

I expect next year to be slightly less awesome in terms of the number of completely new MP's as Bayformers 4 will inevitably eat into Takara's budget but I still think Galvatron & Sunstreaker are likely as well as Ultra Magnus & Soundblaster with Ratbat.

TJ Duckett,
Stunning pics of MP Soundwave!

soundwave,
Congrats on recieving your MP13! :hi5:

Mine arrived just as I was going out so I did my shopping in record time....I charged round Tesco using my trolley as a battering ram :rotfl

No problem!

I think an MP05 rerelease is extremely unlikely as a V2 is on the way which will be scaled to MP10.

Takara have made their intent when it comes to scaling and giving characters their own molds pretty clear by now so I think MP01 & MP05 should be gradually forgotten because their relevance to the future direction of the line is non existent.

If ( as looks likely ) Sunstreaker gets his own mold, a character that's much higher on the totem pole of importance like Galvatron definitely will.

All the cash made from the Lamborghini and Nissan repaints will help put more new molds into production which is likely why they're being pumped out in quick succession.

I expect next year to be slightly less awesome in terms of the number of completely new MP's as Bayformers 4 will inevitably eat into Takara's budget but I still think Galvatron & Sunstreaker are likely as well as Ultra Magnus & Soundblaster with Ratbat.

TJ Duckett,
Stunning pics of MP Soundwave!

soundwave,
Congrats on recieving your MP13! :hi5:

Mine arrived just as I was going out so I did my shopping in record time....I charged round Tesco using my trolley as a battering ram :rotfl

New molds give or take, I don´t think that MP-01 and 05 will be "forgotten", to call it that way.
I completly know what you mean, that the new MP´s will just look excellent in terms of scale and also quality if you compare those with each other, but those were the first MP´s to REALLY give us the form those characters had and were transformable and TOTALLY high end. When you look at the value of MP-01 Prime...I guess it´s pretty obvious that those won´t be forgotten.
Since Igot both TOTALLY mint and to a great price...I love mine to death and I can´t stop looking at them.
:yess:

Anyhow...totally hope for Magnus and Galvatron.
I love my Classics United Galvatron, but I just want all MP G1 glory I can get now...

I sure hope the rumors of Galvatron are true. Since the line hit he's been one of my most wanted toys ever.

New molds give or take, I don´t think that MP-01 and 05 will be "forgotten", to call it that way.
I completly know what you mean, that the new MP´s will just look excellent in terms of scale and also quality if you compare those with each other, but those were the first MP´s to REALLY give us the form those characters had and were transformable and TOTALLY high end. When you look at the value of MP-01 Prime...I guess it´s pretty obvious that those won´t be forgotten.
Since Igot both TOTALLY mint and to a great price...I love mine to death and I can´t stop looking at them.
:yess:

Anyhow...totally hope for Magnus and Galvatron.
I love my Classics United Galvatron, but I just want all MP G1 glory I can get now...

So true. I dont get all the hate for the early MP's, without them we wouldn't have all this new stuff today and due to their size and the way they were engineered (like having die cast, electronics, actual paint and fully articulated hands, not to mention their sheer size for example) they have become legendary pieces of TF toy history, maybe not so much Megatron but definitely Prime, and they are worth a fortune these days.
So glad ive got both.
If anything gets forgotten over time its all these KO's. Nobody has made anything noteworthy worth remembering like Has/Tak did with either their early MP releases (Prime and Megatron), or even their latest stuff.
Though, that said i am gonna definitely gonna wait on getting the Hasbro version of Soundwave now, as they will hopefully have fixed the stupid QC issues everyone is having by then.

So true. I dont get all the hate for the early MP's, without them we wouldn't have all this new stuff today and due to their size and the way they were engineered (like having die cast, electronics, actual paint and fully articulated hands, not to mention their sheer size for example) they have become legendary pieces of TF toy history, maybe not so much Megatron but definitely Prime, and they are worth a fortune these days.
So glad ive got both.
If anything gets forgotten over time its all these KO's. Nobody has made anything noteworthy worth remembering like Has/Tak did with either their early MP releases (Prime and Megatron), or even their latest stuff.
Though, that said i am gonna definitely gonna wait on getting the Hasbro version of Soundwave now, as they will hopefully have fixed the stupid QC issues everyone is having by then.

:1-1::goodpost::lecture:exactly:

That would be nice. . .once we get every other 1984, 1985, and 1986 TF character as a MP first (including Wheelie) :D

I'm down for that. Never said i needed him NOW, just that I'd like to see him done better.

also, Masterpice wheelie? Hell yeah. But he Better Be released AFTER Masterpiece Kup, and Blur.

YOu know who i REALLY want to see as a masterpiece?

Hound.

So glad ive got both.

Stupid QC issues? reoccurring, or just one-offs, like the foot issue mentioned earlier in this thread?

As for nothing noteworthy from the 3rd party stuff, I beg to differ.

AT THE VERY LEAST, I'd say city commander is pretty memorable. And has endured and lasted. He CAN however easily BECOME forgettable, were Tas/Hack to do a Masterpice Magnus with trailer Armor, and make it good.

YOu know who i REALLY want to see as a masterpiece?

Hound.
DQrLelS.jpg

Unfortunately, the fact that Tak/Has can't milk the **** out of him with multiple, slightly modified molds may mean it ain't gonna happen :(

Well that's obviously very subjective, but I think it is inevitable that officially released figures are going to be more important and memorable than unlicensed 3rd party figures (not KOs, which are essentially recasts) simply because they aren't official. Craftsmanship and design are big factors, but the official label/brand is another factor. Something simply having a certain brand means folks are going to remember it better. This goes for 1/6 scale figures, statues, and any thing else. The only exceptions would be 3rd party companies that took on a life of their own, and became a real strong cult brand. I would say in the 1/6 world that this happened with Rainman vis-a-vis a Hot Toys, but even there this is only for a small group of collectors.

Last edited:
DQrLelS.jpg

Unfortunately, the fact that Tak/Has can't milk the **** out of him with multiple, slightly modified molds may mean it ain't gonna happen :(

Oh you never know. I could see a slight remold of hound with a hard top, as Swindle.

I HAVE considered getting the alternators hound as a stand in, but I'm not a fan of his head.

Yeah, I've got the Alt Swindle and Hound. Something about Hound doesn't work, and I think the head has something to do with it, but. . .the design in general isn't all that great either really. Classics Hound is much cooler. They could potentially do Swindle as an MP, but he's fairly obscure being a gestalt guy, and what else is there? Maybe more obscure guys like that Alt orange jeep that used that mold? Trailbreaker and Hoist seem more feasible. Then you've got Inferno and Grapple.

No problem!

Sorry,I meant a new version of Megs that is in scale with MP-10, not a reissue of MP-05. :slap

That said I don't think the older MPs, namely MP-01 and MP-05, will or should be forgotten. I think people will grow to appreciate them more just like the G1 line. I got back into Tf collecting because of MP-01, so it will always hold a special place for me.

That said I don't think the older MPs, namely MP-01 and MP-05, will or should be forgotten. I think people will grow to appreciate them more just like the G1 line. I got back into Tf collecting because of MP-01, so it will always hold a special place for me.

I'm sorry, but with MP being a niche market already, I think Has/Tak has moved on and everything from MP-09 on has been a "soft reboot" as far as scale goes. If anything, Binaltech/Alternators were their answer to MP01 scale and Prime and Megatron are really the only 2 figures you need a 12" version of. Everybody else can fall into the current size.

Back