ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-Added articulation to individual fingers
-Hands now rotate
-Added movie accurate "tattoos"
-Added ammo belt (snaps into forearm)
-Added "wings" on left forearm

5204155361_6879bf1d01_o.jpg

5204752376_98c23c975a_o.jpg

5204154823_76ae5f97a7_o.jpg

5204752910_45605d594c_o.jpg

5204155701_d5338dc148_o.jpg

Faith Leader arrived today which was a nice suprise as I only ordered it a week ago so props to iGear for quick ( & cheap ) international shipping.

As for the item it's damn good. The first thing that's immediately noticeable is the weight which is considerably less than the official MP due to the lack of diecast.

Some would argue that this is a detriment to the overall quality but I've found it makes holding certain poses easier as the weight is more evenly distributed.

The plastic quality seems to be very good, whether it's comparable to Hasbro or FansProjects is one for the experts but it doesn't feel like that of a cheap KO which is good enough for me.

All the joints are tight and everything works as it should during transformation which is a marked improvement from my experiences with the Hasbro MP.

The gun can be a little fiddly to get in his hand tightly but if I remember right that also happened on the official one.

The flip up wrist panels appear to have random images on them depending on the release........mine has Ironhide on the left one and Springer on the right which is cool as he'll inevitably get displayed with Warbot at some point.

The extras are,

Orion Pax head x1
Megatron head x1
Energon axe x1
Megatron gun x1
G1 rifle for Classics/Henkei Prime x1

I also got the cape that was apparently a limited edition which was a suprise as it said on the website that it had sold out. Not sure if I'll actually use it as I've read of a few issues with the clips that attach it but it's a nice bonus.

Overall it's an expensive but ultimately more satisfying version of MP Prime that loses nothing in terms of quality despite being smaller and lighter and if anything it's a lot more fun.

It's a perfect alternative to Classics/Henkei Prime and also fits much better with the other MP's ( except Megatron ) and I can't recommend it enough.

Any concerns I had about iGears QC are now zero and I'm definitely looking at getting Ultra Magnus & the trailer, Arcee and probably Prime's trailer if they make one that includes Roller.

My faith in the official companies may have been shaken recently but the 3rd party ones are kicking ass.

Got my Faith Leader today and I agree with pretty much everything :lecture .

This thing is top notch. Prefer it to the MP.

My communicator stickers are Sky Lynx and Grimlock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my Faith Leader today and I agree with pretty much everything :lecture .

This thing is top notch. Prefer it to the MP.

My communicator stickers are Sky Lynx and Grimlock.

Congrats! Glad you like it :)

More Masterpiece Starscream + Buster Prime

I display these two figures together, as well they should be.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Last edited:
My recent pick ups are..

Encore Trailbreaker
Encore minibots
KO Scourge + KO Cyclonus

and HFD Leader Class Starscream for $29 at TRU, will post pics at a later time.

this... above all else makes this figure a must buy for me.

and since they put the animated version head with Magnus.. now i need that one too.. ARRRGH!

It is worth buying Magnus just for the animated version head. I have one that came with the original version of the figure and it is a huge improvement over the standard head. The extra head, along with the smaller scale makes the Igear Prime the best version of G1 Prime out there. I can definitely see it being very hard to get down the line.

Back