ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the following in the post this morning,

Revoltech Hot Rod
Human Alliance Jazz

The first is a whole lot of fun despite the lack of an actual transformation, the only slight downer was the fact that the pegs on the fists broke when I removed them to swap for the pistol grip hands :(

HA Jazz is probably the best of that particular sub line. Aside from a paint scratch on one side of the car mode the QC is good and the mold is a HUGE improvement on the Deluxe version of the character.

The bike turning into Jazz's cannon is a decent gimmick in principle but looks a bit crappy in practice and I'm going to see if I can find a different weapon for him.

The figure of Lennox is no better or worse than the others in the line but I doubt anyone buys the HA figures for the humans so it's not an issue.

Lugnut is one of the few Animated figures I did not pick up, but I found him on clearance at TJ Maxx yesterday for $ 10 so he's now in the collection....

5191606579_5c88d486ee_b.jpg

Did you photoshop his eye, or add some kind of sticker? First time I've seen it that bright, and I don't think the lightpiping for that one ever worked either.

british newspaper 'the sun' reported that transformer power core combiner named 'spastic' will not be released in the uk scheduled for janurary due its offensive name! spastic is the offensive term used for celrebal palsy sufferers over here! i know in the usa it just probably means your an idiot or something!

british newspaper 'the sun' reported that transformer power core combiner named 'spastic' will not be released in the uk scheduled for janurary due its offensive name! spastic is the offensive term used for celrebal palsy sufferers over here! i know in the usa it just probably means your an idiot or something!

Someone over at TFW2005 said that Hasbro's changing the name, instead of not releasing it at all. Good news, folks.

I saw that, funny as hell. Yeha in the states it just means your clumsy or something.
PCC's are crap anyway so im not gonna lose any sleep over it.

Someone over at TFW2005 said that Hasbro's changing the name, instead of not releasing it at all. Good news, folks.

Oh well that figures. We dont get waves 3/4/5 of anything decent but we get these crappy PCC's with offensive names instead.
F U Hasbro!

Seibertron got a first peek at TF Prime. I'm not reading it cause I want to wait until friday, but this sounds promising:

. "'Transformers Prime' is the darker toned love child of Beast Wars and the live action Transformers films without the cheesy humor."

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/summary-of-transformers-prime-episode-1-darkness-rising-part-1/20245/

Oh, and a first look at some United figures. Tracks stands out for me, he really looks so much better with the proper flame decal and metallic blue.

1290520186_gen2.jpg

Not really. I'd sooner they discontinue the Pretty Crap Combiners line and continue with Generations instead of stopping at wave 2.

The ____storm at TFW over the one called Spastic was pretty hilarious though.........the amount of Americans calling Brits "sensitive" was particularly ironic when you consider what the outcome would have been if a toy had been released that contained something they'd consider offensive.............a jetformer with 9/11 as part of the serial number for example.

Personally I think it's just a case of Hasbro not doing proper research and a typical overreaction from the PC crowd.

RA88,
As expected Tracks looks sooooo much better. I'm also getting Grapple & Lugnut.

I might just get the Hasbro versions of Jazz, Wheeljack & Scourge though as the Takara ones don't look different enough to warrant the extra I'd have to pay for imports.

Last edited:

I gotta say, though I've moved away from the Classics figures, seeing all that G1 goodness together in that picture is enough to make me smile.

The ____storm at TFW over the one called Spastic was pretty hilarious though.........the amount of Americans calling Brits "sensitive" was particularly ironic when you consider what the outcome would have been if a toy had been released that contained something they'd consider offensive.............a jetformer with 9/11 as part of the serial number for example.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/B_rVzBt20N0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/B_rVzBt20N0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I saw that, funny as hell. Yeha in the states it just means your clumsy or something.
PCC's are crap anyway so im not gonna lose any sleep over it.

Oh well that figures. We dont get waves 3/4/5 of anything decent but we get these crappy PCC's with offensive names instead.
F U Hasbro!

just to clear the air. To be spastic, or simply a SPAZ, means you freak out constantly over little things in a large, overly theatrical way.

which, considering the nature of 80% of the transformer fan-base, seems like an appropriate jab at the fan-base.

:lol

Oh, and a first look at some United figures. Tracks stands out for me, he really looks so much better with the proper flame decal and metallic blue.

1290520186_gen2.jpg

I have never seen a scan of a toy magazine showing new TF's that ive wanted to buy on the page before...apart from that jet-former thing...whashisname...lugnut or something? Yeah..not interested in him.
I think the only one i'll be getting out of that lot which is made by Takara will be Tracks as that metallic blue with the g1 flames is pure plastic crack. The rest dont look much different from the hasbro releases so might as well save some money but since i'll have to import all these toys anyway i might not end up saving that much in the end.

I have never seen a scan of a toy magazine showing new TF's that ive wanted to buy on the page before...apart from that jet-former thing...whashisname...lugnut or something? Yeah..not interested in him.
I think the only one i'll be getting out of that lot which is made by Takara will be Tracks as that metallic blue with the g1 flames is pure plastic crack. The rest dont look much different from the hasbro releases so might as well save some money but since i'll have to import all these toys anyway i might not end up saving that much in the end.

Some of the ones that are released in the Reveal the Shield line ( Jazz, Tracks, Grapple & Lugnut ) should get a UK release as the first wave is getting a release here but after that who knows.

And despite their appearance in a Takara book, I reckon those pics of Scourge,Wreck-Gar & G2 Prime are still the stock Hasbro ones possibly because they haven't finished them yet.

Actually, that Wreck-Gar IS the Takara version. It looks significantly different from the Hasbro figure, and is based more on the colors of the original Wreck-Gar toy. Scourge and G2 Prime are unchanged, though.

Actually, that Wreck-Gar IS the Takara version. It looks significantly different from the Hasbro figure, and is based more on the colors of the original Wreck-Gar toy. Scourge and G2 Prime are unchanged, though.

Doesn't look a whole lot different to me and I still think the mold is poor.

Incidentally there's 2 e-hobby sets coming out and one will contain a Junkion variant of Wreck-Gar with a different head.

I'll get Scourge although I'll have to import it because it's in the Generations line so it won't get an official release 'cos the morons at Hasbro decided to cancel the line in the UK after wave 2.

They're apparently advertising for a new brand manager in Europe................maybe they'll hire someone who knows their arse from their elbow this time.

Back