All things Macross (SDF, DYRL, M7, Plus, Frontier, and Robotech)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got my ride armor transformed.

xM9KYhTh.jpg

WOO4ILIh.jpg

SoGZ96ah.jpg

Bumping up this thread… ;)

Valkyrie VF-1S Hikaro's movie version - Yamato 1:48

I absolutely love this product, the plastic feels great and the build quality is very forgiving. The only thing I wasn't terribly impressed with was having to put on a million decals. ;) It's the only one I own, though I'd love to get my hands on a Roy Focker version in 1:48 eventually. I got this one for a pretty good price late last year, as anyone who's checked knows, these things are pretty spendy in the aftermarket.

Does anyone know if there are alternate hands available for the 1:48 line? I'd love to replace the hands in this pose with larger versions, closer in proportion to the anime.

While the YF-19 looks cool I'm a much bigger fan of the original VF's
And the 1/48 scale looks great, especially the head sculpt.

i'm still on the fence about this. part of me wants this but part of me thinks this price might be a tad too high to make it worth it. decisions decisions.

That's actually really cool! I like SD figures and own 2 of the older veritech ones with detachable armor. I have the matchbox veritech vf-1s and the joke machine vf-1a.

I should be getting a test shot to review on Saturday.
I'll let you know what I think.

I grew up loving Robotech....are the Yamato 1/48 Valks the best to begin a collection with?

They make 1/55 scale which is much much cheaper. more variety too I believe

Aah yes the 1/60 scale too. I forgot about that one.

Last edited:
Rebuilding my Robotech/Macross collection. I will stay in the 1/55 to 1/60 scale Valks from the original series. They can be pretty pricey so my picks will be my favs like Max & Rick, I have the Roy VF-1S with Strike Parts and I love it. I can remember running home after school to watch this in the early 80's.

Wow, awesome. Just too bad it's not a mecha I appreciate more. $2800 isn't bat**** crazy when you compare it to the life-size Star Wars stuff I suppose. Not by a long shot.

Back