All things Macross (SDF, DYRL, M7, Plus, Frontier, and Robotech)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Gakken.... The toynami Valkyrie isn't great, a little delicate, some of the proportions and details are off as well.
But the Toynami/Beagle Mospeadas are FANTASTIC! I've had several different Mospeadas over the years, but this one is the only one I want to keep, and that I'll display. The construction/transformation is excellent, the articulation is great as well. And it's 1/10 scale, so it's a nice size...
Rand.jpg

Oh yeah, the masterpiece cyclones are fantastic.

I'm selling my Rand if anybody is looking for one :D

So glad to have found this thread!

Just put a Po for the Arcadia VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Roy Focker Special) movie version at Amiami ($189 + whatever shipping ends up being) and was finally able to find an Arcadia 1/60 VF-1J Armored Valkyrie for what I think is a ripoff of a price ($350) but fairly decent compared for what he usually goes for on the aftermarket. Will post plenty of pics once I get them!

So glad to have found this thread!

Just put a Po for the Arcadia VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Roy Focker Special) movie version at Amiami ($189 + whatever shipping ends up being) and was finally able to find an Arcadia 1/60 VF-1J Armored Valkyrie for what I think is a ripoff of a price ($350) but fairly decent compared for what he usually goes for on the aftermarket. Will post plenty of pics once I get them!

Nice.
I put in a p.o. a couple months ago but I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep it or not. I might just focus on the Bandai Hi Metal R line. I already have the VF-1S Focker special with display stand and the VF-1S Hikaru version and have the latest VF-1J Hikaru custom on p.o. I like the fact that all the necessary emblems/decals are already tampo printed on the Hi Metal line.
I watched Robotech the Macross Saga over the winter with my son and it motivated me to rebuild my old collection. First pieces that I picked up was a NIB Yamato 1/48 Stealth VF-1J for around $225 shipped and the new Mega House SDF-1 which is pretty cool in spite of the small size. I'll have to post some pics soon.

Nice.
I put in a p.o. a couple months ago but I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep it or not. I might just focus on the Bandai Hi Metal R line. I already have the VF-1S Focker special with display stand and the VF-1S Hikaru version and have the latest VF-1J Hikaru custom on p.o. I like the fact that all the necessary emblems/decals are already tampo printed on the Hi Metal line.
I watched Robotech the Macross Saga over the winter with my son and it motivated me to rebuild my old collection. First pieces that I picked up was a NIB Yamato 1/48 Stealth VF-1J for around $225 shipped and the new Mega House SDF-1 which is pretty cool in spite of the small size. I'll have to post some pics soon.

I almost got a couple of 1/48 ones but decided to go with 1/60 instead. I'm hoping now that I'm caught up with what Arcadia if doing, not to be screwed by aftermarket prices anymore. Why the hell are these so expensive?

The HI-FI line is great, but too small for my liking.

Let's keep this thread the **** alive! Lol

I almost got a couple of 1/48 ones but decided to go with 1/60 instead. I'm hoping now that I'm caught up with what Arcadia if doing, not to be screwed by aftermarket prices anymore. Why the hell are these so expensive?

The HI-FI line is great, but too small for my liking.

Let's keep this thread the **** alive! Lol

Yeah, I'd like to see this thread More active as well. I wish I had pics of all my various Valkyries that I used to have before the digital camera age.:lol

The Stealth VF-1J is the only 1/48 that I have any interest in (except possibly a VF-1A Angel Bird). One bonus is that the skulls on the tailfins and red & white kite emblem on the left wing is already printed on - and you don't really need any more with it being a stealth plane IMO.

Last edited:
Love me some robotech and macross. I wish so much Toynami would put out a high end battle pod

My Arcadia Focker VF-1S arrived yesterday morning. I still can't believe how fast it got here from Japan. I didn't get the payment request from Hobby Link Japan until late Friday afternoon.

Here's a few pics:

0829161416_HDR.jpg
0829161416.jpg
0829161415.jpg
0829161417.jpg
0829161414.jpg

my strike valkyrie is sitting in my personal warehouse for a couple weeks. I'm poor so I did that on purpose so I don't pay all at once.
So happy I ordered one. Pics of it look great!

Back