All things Macross (SDF, DYRL, M7, Plus, Frontier, and Robotech)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/60 Yamato's are the best there is :D

I'll have my Superdeformed review up in about an hour.

https://imgur.com/a/u1KNv

35xuJ5F.jpg

LFCrl9D.jpg

mcMezal.jpg

Last edited:
1/55 scale were made by Bandai and 1/60 by Yamato. Yamato have much more accuracy to them then the bandai versions.
Also Yamato made the super ostrich and elintseeker. 2 of my favorite.

As soon as I get a chance at work or when I get home I'm gonna check out that review. I hope it's good as this lil guy looks awesome.

Yeah if you're getting into Macross look for 1/60 V2 Yamatos
Yamato also do a 1/48 VF-1 toy that was bigger but not quite as refined.

Bandai's older 1/55 chunky monkeys are great toys and cool for nostalgia, but the Yammie/arcadia is the best Macross mould out there.

Bandai also does Macross Frontier valks which are a modern newer anime. Most of them are quiet good.
I would go to Anymoon.com and check all his many reviews to see what's right for you.

Did they tell you when these are scheduled to come out?

Oops nevermind I just rewatched the video. You said October. Sweet, right around the corner.

Last edited:

Bandai's older 1/55 chunky monkeys are great toys and cool for nostalgia, but the Yammie/arcadia is the best Macross mould out there.

Bandai also does Macross Frontier valks which are a modern newer anime. Most of them are quiet good.
I would go to Anymoon.com and check all his many reviews to see what's right for you.

Thanks!!

I'm surprised that there isn't a little more Macross love on this forum but thanks a ton for posting that site!

I've been looking into getting a couple Veritechs and the more I research, the more confused I get. I've been watching tons of reviews and I've boiled it down to Yamato's 1/48, 1/60 or Toynami's 1/55 MPC. Still a little confused since I didn't follow these companies for so long, and I'm just now starting to learn who's who and what's what. That site looks like a one stop shop for all of my answers :yess:. That dude is a mecha guru

Definitely. He's the man with this

What's the consensus out there? I'm starting to see where and why the Yamato stuff (I know to stay clear of the V1) is better than the Toynami but I'm still torn. They also seem comparable in many ways and they are currently going for much less than the Yammie's

I think I'm leaning toward the 1/48 because I was looking for something in a larger format for these. The 1/60's look great but are smaller than I was hoping for.

That's what I'm leaning toward because I like the size and the fact that it seems to be the only model with a decent sling for the cannon. I'm still researching the pros and cons before I decide, but aside from yellowing there doesn't seem to be a lot to worry about in the way of QC stuff. My main concern is that they aren't floppy and are tight enough to hold solid poses.

I posted this image to this thread last year - it's still on this thread page (for me with 40 posts per page).

9694962926_556396072b_z.jpg

He's been in that pose all year, no issues. The only thing I'd like to change is getting him a set of anime hands.

Yea, I saw your fig; he looks awesome.

So the construction on the 1/48's are nice and sturdy? No loosey-goosey?

I keep hearing that the 1/60 is where it's at and the Toynami 1/55 are the cheapest on market, and I'm trying to figure out why. At a glance thru novice eyes, I'm most interested in the 1/48. Also the booster packs seem to be more complete for the 1/48's

Sorry, never answered this.

The later versions of the 1/48's are a little tigher - but overall they are all good toys.

1/60 v2 yamato's are def the best version of the toy according to most collectors.

1/48's don't have the best proportions compared to the artwork. The nosecone area extends too far down and the chest is too wide, but they are larger and offer a few other features the 1/60's don't. It's really about what you dig.

Also, bumping to see if anybody here is wanting to sell any 1/60 stuff :d

CAM00077.jpgI'm a little late to the thread... my brother has more than I do, I only have limited shelf space for Macross, but here's what I have: Toynami Valkyrie (Rick Hunter) and Toynami Rand Mospeada...

Sorry, never answered this.

The later versions of the 1/48's are a little tigher - but overall they are all good toys.

1/60 v2 yamato's are def the best version of the toy according to most collectors.

1/48's don't have the best proportions compared to the artwork. The nosecone area extends too far down and the chest is too wide, but they are larger and offer a few other features the 1/60's don't. It's really about what you dig.

Also, bumping to see if anybody here is wanting to sell any 1/60 stuff :d

This fell on the back burner but I did a lot more research after I posted here and pretty much concluded what you said. I do like the size and other certain aspects of the 1/48 but the 1/60 really does have better proportions, especially in full armor. Still kinda torn between the two.

I'm too distracted by my 1st love (1/6), but I have to get around to getting one of these really soon

Back