All Things ANIME

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you're tight on cash, then you could always just stream it from crunchyroll or do it the ol' fashion way...pirating lol.

Well, when you have satelite internet, downloading stuff is never fun and I don't beleive in buying pirated dvds. Whats the point of even making anything, if everyone's going to be cheap and buy pirated copies. It's no better than recasting statues.

Does anyone here happen to own the You're Under Arrest series? That is a show whose boxed sets seem outrageously priced. Seventy plus dollars for each thirteen episode box set just doesn't seem justifiable to me.

It seems that they haven't released any alternate box sets to the originals. Am I to understand that these are selling very well, so they won't make any versions that are affordable?

No kidding. Is there a domestic version of Galaxy Express 999 yet?

Older stuff is really tricky. Even stuff like Space Battleship Yamato or Sailor Moon are no longer available.

I was referring to newer series. Its true that older series are hardier to get. And you cant get Sailor moon on dvd? Really?

Not unless it's a bootleg. You may find someone selling the old boxsets on ebay or amazon for insane prices, but otherwise, there is only one option if you want it. I introduced my niece to Sailor Moon when she was younger (about 5 years ago), and that was all I could find.

Not unless it's a bootleg. You may find someone selling the old boxsets on ebay or amazon for insane prices, but otherwise, there is only one option if you want it. I introduced my niece to Sailor Moon when she was younger (about 5 years ago), and that was all I could find.

why would you introduce your niece to that crap? was that her punishment?:horror

The thing with pirated copies is that you always have to prepare yourself for the engrish subtitles...:rotfl

But yeah, Sailor Moon rocked! The last two arcs were, IMHO, craptastic. Ugh! The Stars arc was never shown in North America. Something to do with the content....like, please! The Starlights were hot!....:monkey4

starlights.jpg
:rotfl

Anyone ever see Apocalypse Zero from back in the day. Kind of a guyver rip off, but much more violent and more sexual themes. Pretty good stuff if your into that sort of thing.

Does anyone here happen to own the You're Under Arrest series? That is a show whose boxed sets seem outrageously priced. Seventy plus dollars for each thirteen episode box set just doesn't seem justifiable to me.

It seems that they haven't released any alternate box sets to the originals. Am I to understand that these are selling very well, so they won't make any versions that are affordable?

How about $117 for all 13 volumes of the entire series? :wave

https://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/SzJ3C54EO-SWodXYgh/browse/item/73152/4/618/24

If you really want the box sets...

Box 1

https://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/SzJ3C54EO-SWodXYgh/browse/item/59349/4/1191/36

Box 4

https://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/SzJ3C54EO-SWodXYgh/browse/item/60673/4/1191/36

...and I believe you can find Box 2 and 3 on Amazon or eBay.

Last edited:
Anyone ever see Apocalypse Zero from back in the day. Kind of a guyver rip off, but much more violent and more sexual themes. Pretty good stuff if your into that sort of thing.

Yeah seen it thought it was bad.

Currently watching the new Full Metal Alcihmeist, only about 10 more episode to go. The Manga meant to be finishing next month!

Also halfway into Armored Trooper Votoms, Dragonball Kai, Axis Power Hentalia.

Last week watched Summers Wars, one of the best animes movie for year!

Yeah seen it thought it was bad.

Currently watching the new Full Metal Alcihmeist, only about 10 more episode to go. The Manga meant to be finishing next month!

Also halfway into Armored Trooper Votoms, Dragonball Kai, Axis Power Hentalia.

Last week watched Summers Wars, one of the best animes movie for year!

Your right, I just thought at the time it was interesting because it was kind of a take on the whole henshin guyver/kamen rider type set up in anime form.

Armored Trooper Votoms... you might as well watch gundam...a little on the boring side, but not bad as far as cool mecha. The Scopedogs kick ass.

Back