ALIENS THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would suggest puting him on a smaller body or getting some Ripley boots even though the pant legs should cover the ankles.

Thanks, I agree with you Dave after looking at the sneakers for Bishop at this link at Harry Harris's website:

https://www.harryharris.com/reeboks.htm

They look just like Ripley's "boots" except they are not as tall as hers, and look more like hi-top basketball sneakers. I'll troll eBay for a loose pair of Ripley's boots, and cut off the tops of them for my Bishop. Thanks for the tip!

Yep, those are Bishop's shoes, that's the ref shot I used. I custom made mine from Connor Nike's but an alternative is getting a pair of HT Rip shoes and cutting off the top of them...

BTW. ALIENS WARRIOR ALERT. ALIENS WARRIOR ALERT!

THEY ARE IN STOCK IN ASIA!

https://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-TOYS-AVP-P...924QQihZ018QQcategoryZ348QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Apparently the design has not been changed, I think maybe the back of the head may have a counterweight of some kind to support it? Doesn't matter to me, I love it.

Official HT product page

https://www.hottoys.com.hk/product.php?cat=37&pid=273

Let's check out the Asian Boards for pics!

Last edited:
This is the suit I have:
P1130913.jpg

It looks pretty damn close to the screen used one , I've two options , using a smaller body or lengthening the suit using another jumpsuit of a similar colour . I'm using a pair of H.T Ripley boots which I'll get away with as long as I sort out the suit problem .:rolleyes:

That looks Good TG! Collars are more accurate, how is the color, okay?

And yes, get a smaller body, I used a Dragon Pietr but you can also use a SS Oz Reg...

The colour and details are excellent , which is why I'm determined to use it rather than use another suit! I found it at Storerooms on ebay . Are the bodies you mentioned smaller than the usual DML bodies as I have a couple of these in the loft which I'll dig out if I know it'll be worth it .

thundergod said:
The colour and details are excellent , which is why I'm determined to use it rather than use another suit! I found it at Storerooms on ebay . Are the bodies you mentioned smaller than the usual DML bodies as I have a couple of these in the loft which I'll dig out if I know it'll be worth it .

Yes, Dragon Pietr is smaller. SS has Buffy Oz which is also smaller and will also work better with a SS head but a SS head fits onto a Dragon too (just need to clip nub off )

btw, couldn't find that suit from that seller, what was it listed as?

Last edited:
I like that jumpsuit you got for your Bishop, thundergod. I'll check store-rooms on eBay and get me one for my Bishop. Yeah, I'm gonna hunt down some loose Ripley boots somewhere online and use them for Bishop. Thanks pjam, I will cut off the tops of the boots and then put them on my Bishop.

Can someone check the Asian sites for pics of the Aliens Warrior which HT just released in Asia?

pjam said:
Can someone check the Asian sites for pics of the Aliens Warrior which HT just released in Asia?

Say WHAT? Where did you hear that news, p? Some new HT stuff just arrived in Japan this week, but the Aliens Warrior wasn't among them or I'd be having fits right now! Rambo III is out, I bought one today, but the Aliens Warrior??? :horror

I'll do some checking tomorrow evening and if I find anything I'll let you know!

Hey, Thundergod...what is the name or title of that jumpsuit you found on www.store-rooms.com for your Bishop? I want to get one of those for my Bishop. It looks better than the Dragon one I have for him now. Let me know. Thanks!

The suit was listed as a "GSG-9 " Jumpsuit . I've checked and unfortunately they don't seem to have any in stock . I'll have to look out for the smaller body , as I've posted before though , what I'm afraid of is the head looking EXTRA large . It's not the smallest to start with , already it's too big to display directly in comparison with the other crew ( my display arrangements make this not too big a problem ) but I'd hate it to look ridiculously "melon-headed" ! I'm looking into replacing the legs of the suit as there seems to be well placed seams which could be utilized . The problem is two-fold though , I'm inexperienced with a needle and thread (in this scale) and I've just become a Dad for the second time , so my 1/6 time is very limited at the moment ! The whole "Bishop Project" was meant to be a "quick bash" . But isn't that always the case , my first custom was a Predator "Dutch" and it took bloody months to find a suitable vest! (It's still not right , by the way ).

Congrats on being a Daddy a second time Thundergod! I hope to be saying that in about another year or two. We have a 7 year-old daughter, and really want one more child really badly. Well, maybe www.store-rooms.com will restock that "GSG-9" jumpsuit you got for your Bishop. Who makes it? It is made by Dragon, Hot Toys, BBI...? Please let me know, and I'll start checking other sites and eBay for it. Thanks again!:D

Ok guys, I have a real dillema at the moment and need your advice.

I emailed a seller on ebay who has the new Aliens Warrior figure for auction and he confirmed that these figures have been released and are in stock. :chew :chew

Now my problem is that I might also have tracked down a Hicks figure for sale but there is no way I can afford both at the moment :( I need at least of of them because my Hudson is looking very lonely at the moment lol

So which one shoould I go for? I am leaning towards the Alien because Hudson needs a bug to frag and at 16" tall it Im sure it would make an awesome display piece. However, I havent yet seen pictues of the production version, plus Hicks is very rare and the price on him is pretty good.

Duh, easy choice.

Was it ever really a choice? HICKS of course! :duh

The Warrior Alien is just now being released, but HICKS....... well I think they're just about hunted to the point of extinction. :archer

I agree that Hicks is the much better choice of the two! I'd love to get a MIB Hicks. He's the last marine I need to get. If you don't want to get the Hicks Stendec, could you please let me know the eBay link to it, or any other link where to find it? That is if you choose to get the alien warrior over getting Hicks. But, honestly, I'd get Hicks in a heartbeat! As far as I know he is now discontinued, or not being produced by Hot Toys anymore. But, yeah, if you choose not to get him please let me know where you found him! He's getting harder and harder to find anywhere!

STENDEC said:
Ok guys, I have a real dillema at the moment and need your advice.

I emailed a seller on ebay who has the new Aliens Warrior figure for auction and he confirmed that these figures have been released and are in stock. :chew :chew

Now my problem is that I might also have tracked down a Hicks figure for sale but there is no way I can afford both at the moment :( I need at least of of them because my Hudson is looking very lonely at the moment lol

So which one shoould I go for? I am leaning towards the Alien because Hudson needs a bug to frag and at 16" tall it Im sure it would make an awesome display piece. However, I havent yet seen pictues of the production version, plus Hicks is very rare and the price on him is pretty good.

Get Hicks first!

Yeah, get the Hicks.... you can always track down an Alien, but Hicks is getting very hard to find.

And good news on the Aliens though, we should be seeing them soon now. :rock

As for Bishop.... I really want to make him, but I want him ripped in half...:lol

Back