Aliens Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh! Thank you, Karma!

Also, may I point out that Sideshow did NOT make the hive environment, which would have made perfect sense. My hunch: proven to be right.

Also also, may I point out that this one has LESS of the environmental base, and so it should have a slightly lower price tag? Perhaps? Hunch: it won't.

Also also also, it's still a GREAT piece. Although I'll follow Abake's comments with great interest...

They all would!

I love that about this line.

And I'm seriously thinking of mounting them in my toilet for that very reason. :D

9103_press01-001.jpg
9103_press02-001.jpg

9103_press03-001.jpg
9103_press04-001.jpg

9103_press06-001.jpg

9103_press05-001.jpg

9103_press07-001.jpg

I'm not feeling this one as much as the first Dio... I think it seems too posed to me with the pedestal and all. Still great looking, but less like a scene out of the movie.

Not into dio`s, but I`m a huge Aliens fan.

I may just have to pick this up.

I liked the A L I E N one, and although there's some great sculpting on show here it just isn't pushing my buttons, and why do companies always feel the need to plaster the movie logo on things. I feel it really detracts from the power of the piece, and dare I say cheapens it...I mean if you were going to buy this, did you 'need' to be told it was from A L I E N S...?

Note that last coment is ditto for the A L I E N one, I'd have to wall mount it or cover the logo.

Last edited:
I liked the A L I E N one, and although there's some great sculpting on show here it just isn't pushing my buttons, and why do companies always feel the need to plaster the movie logo on things. I feel it really detracts from the power of the piece, and dare I say cheapens it...I mean if you were going to buy this, did you 'need' to be told it was from A L I E N S...?

Note that last coment is ditto for the A L I E N one, I'd have to wall mount it or cover the logo.

i think it looks excellent , and with regards to the logos on all the dio's, they are removable.

The base is removable in any case, so I'm not complaining about the logo.

Actually, if you display them with the logo base, you can use them for a museum display of the variances of alien designs in the movies.

Now to the sculpt -- I actually like the pose even better now than in the first preview pic, as it's apparently even more dynamic. And it's detailed to the gills. AND it actually DOES feature a bit of the hive encrustation!

:joy

Also: the tail is positioned very similarly to that in the first diorama, so these two will look great together. But not so similar as to appear to be cheap knock-offs. And the detail is AMAZING.

Also, I've made my peace with the man-in-suit vs. animatronic design differences. Both appeared on the screen, so technically both should be canon, right?

(And it appears that we'll be getting a Predator dio next. I'll pass on that...)

Pre-ordered!!! Now i wonder if i should get the first one:monkey4

Looking forward to see which Predator they announce next. I hope it's from the original Predator, in a tree or some s***:rock:rock:rock

The Alien looks fantastic in this piece . . . wow!

Not much of a diorama going on in this diorama though and the Aliens logo is rather distracting.

i think it looks excellent , and with regards to the logos on all the dio's, they are removable.

Yes, but for people who want to table-top display, it's there, so I can see where the argument comes in. Maybe the base can go either side and people could just put it in backwards.

Back