Aliens 1/6 gorman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Mudshark,
I will Add you to the list.
:D
So far i got this:

1. Predatortje (Myself)
2. Uscmbuzz ?
3. SpawnFan ?
4. Mudshark

I may be interested in a Gorman, depending on the sculpt. And I refuse to pay in advance for anything without seeing the final product... just the way I roll. :D

I may be interested in a Gorman, depending on the sculpt. And I refuse to pay in advance for anything without seeing the final product... just the way I roll. :D

That's cool. I understand your reticence considering you don't know me from Adam. But I urge you to take a look at my post a few back and find out a little about me and my work. Look at some of my pieces from the last 20 years and read the Figures.com interview. You may be surprised. :D

Just be aware that you'll need to keep close tabs on the project if you want to get the discount. There will be a small window between the finished sculpt and casting (which is the cut-off for the precast discount by definition).

Thanks for checking in and don't be a stranger!

Well the idea is that you have to pay before you get the head.
otherwise you have to wait untill you see the final product and later
when there might be a new commission for the 2nd line you'll be in there.

count me in,but I would like to see the head before I send money.

Please remove me from this list. I never committed to it. My interest depends on the sculpt. Thanks. :D

Please remove me from this list. I never committed to it. My interest depends on the sculpt. Thanks. :D

I second that.I will commit only after seeing what the head will look like.
thanks,mike

Hey guys,

The idea of a group commission is to get people to sign up to get an idea of how many people are interested. If we can get the number to 15 I can drop the price to $20.00. That's a $15.00 per person savings.......

And here's the secret...... no one will hold a gun to your head to make you pay up. :gun I don't have a team of goons going around the world roughing people up to get their $20.00! :D

You're worried that you won't like it. Presumably because you think it might not look like Gorman. Fair enough. You want a head that looks like Gorman, that's the point, after all. You don't have to pay until you see...... So, if you see it and you don't like it, you don't buy it. In the mean time, why not help the other folks who want Gorman at a helluva good price by filling out the list so we can get to 15 people all that much faster?

That way, folks who do have confidence in my work can start sending in payments and I can actually commit my time (which is at a premium) to creating this head for all of you. That may actually mean LESS money for me in the end. But the idea of me turning my skills to the custom world was never just about the money, rather it was to bring pro quality work directly to the folks, something that I perceived was all too often lacking.

If it was just about money I would have stuck to working for the toy companies. Trust me, I can charge them a LOT more. And I do! :naughty For 20 years toy companies, both large and small, have paid me to sculpt likenesses for them.

But I LIKE making custom work for people who actually give a damn about this stuff. And I can control the quality of the end product rather than trusting it to some soulless Chinese factory (which invariably screw it up).

BTW, do you know how many people have committed to being on the list and then, after seeing the sculpt have said, "that's crap! I'm not paying!!"? ....

Zero. Nada. Zilch. Zip.

So, I'm pretty confident that once you do see it you'll like it. But hey, maybe someone here will be a first! OK, so then I'm out an order. Life will go on and everyone else will still get their head at the discount rate..... I'll just have to risk it! :horror

So, like I said, why not help the group out and get on the list? There's no risk to you. If you still don't want to, that's entirely up to you and no one will think the worse of you, but be careful not to miss the discount period. If you're not on the list and you miss the cut-off then you'll have to pay full price if you find you do like the sculpt.

Thanks for listening!

Hey Chris, your totally right.
It would be nice if we get this commission to 15 people.
Also Chris i will be interested in a Vasquez, Drake & Ripley head :D

Back