Alien Warrior legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mines due to be completely professionally repainted and tendons sorted out etc within the next month, I'll post some pics when it's done.

Mines due to be completely professionally repainted and tendons sorted out etc within the next month, I'll post some pics when it's done.
Where you getting it done? If you don't mind me asking.
I've recently bought a piece that is in need of a repaint but wouldn't know where to find a British painter i could trust.

Where you getting it done? If you don't mind me asking.
I've recently bought a piece that is in need of a repaint but wouldn't know where to find a British painter i could trust.

Jo Taylor at Aerograffiti, it's going to be (very) expensive though, not sure if anyone else would find it worth it.

Go to a model show if you have any in your area Col (Not the lady kind) you'll soon discover a world of talent, some of the figure builders are insanely skilled at detail painting. Ask around and you should be able to find somebody to help.

Jo Taylor at Aerograffiti, it's going to be (very) expensive though, not sure if anyone else would find it worth it.
Look forward to seeing the final results.
Go to a model show if you have any in your area Col (Not the lady kind) you'll soon discover a world of talent, some of the figure builders are insanely skilled at detail painting. Ask around and you should be able to find somebody to help.
I don't get out much :lol
My, newly acquired, Jaws Maquette needs some serious attention. I was promised it was 'mint' :gah:

Loving some of the repaints. Has anyone ever attempted sanding/chiseling down the teeth and making new ones? Like gluing on denture-quality realistic teeth?

Also, are these on sale somehwere already? SSC site lists it as a pre-order.

Loving some of the repaints. Has anyone ever attempted sanding/chiseling down the teeth and making new ones? Like gluing on denture-quality realistic teeth?

Hm, but why? other than the paint choice, the teeth looked fine to me.

The teeth would benefit from being separated for sure, they aren't as bad as the big chaps though. Would take a brave person to try it.

The teeth would benefit from being separated for sure, they aren't as bad as the big chaps though. Would take a brave person to try it.

Wish I were friends with a dentist. :drool Maybe some of those high-quality costume dentures could be used. Perhaps a pair made to mimic canine teeth. Werewolf perhaps? Overall, I was thinking of it improving the spacing. The teeth in all the pics I see look fine in terms of the sculpt. A good amount of layered shading would work wonders. I'm good with digital drawing, Corel and Photoshop, but I my hands aren't so steady with real objects.

Just grab one off eBay, they are going for cheap on there.

I'll have to check that out! I was wondering why it was a pre-order on SSC w/ so many people already having theirs. My only concern with eBay would be returns/refunds if it arrives in bad shape.

Probably waiting on a second batch.

I'm seeing plenty on eBay for cheaper. A lot of them have strict "no return" policies, though. :( The ones on SSC ship in roughly 2 months. Not much of a wait.

I want an alien to compliment a Pred bust, and I'm torn between this and Big Chap. I can try to fix the teeth on either, but broken tendons and all the dome issues with ol' Chap look like they've been a pain for so many. Decisions, decisions!

Sellers who state 'No Returns' are wasting their time or kidding themselves.
As long as you pay via PayPal there's nothing to worry about, your purchase is fully protected.

Warrior over Big Chap would be a wise move unless you really want a BC.

Sideshow called for our CC. The warrior I wont thru a Facebook contest is shipping tomorrow.
Crossing fingers it won't be a return... :rotfl
If it is, he will go to ebay with like $50 starting bid heh.

Sellers who state 'No Returns' are wasting their time or kidding themselves.

Agreed. Especially if they're trying to establish themselves as storefronts that move a large amount of product on a regular basis. Either way, I am now heavily leaning toward the Warrior. That should look pretty sweet sitting across from a Masked Hunter LSB, eh?

Agreed. Especially if they're trying to establish themselves as storefronts that move a large amount of product on a regular basis. Either way, I am now heavily leaning toward the Warrior. That should look pretty sweet sitting across from a Masked Hunter LSB, eh?
I gave up after two Big Chaps. Warrior is a keeper.
All the Predator LSBs are a must have :D

Plenty of people had trouble with the Warrior also remember, I did. I'd say just go for the one you want. The Big chap is a much nicer design, it's the original Giger Alien with a subtle beauty that the Warrior just can't match. But then this Warrior LSB is cool also. Worry about QC after as long as you buy from a reputable source as it is iffy at best whichever one of these you go for..

True but the Warriors that turned out well, vast majority, look great.
The Big Chaps that had no issues still look bad, imo, unless the teeth are worked on.

Some of them looked great, mine does from a few feet away, he looks awesome in fact. Teeth aside of course which are awful! I'm going to keep the front end of mine when I smash it and have a go at sculpting some new ones, not something I've ever done before but I'm sure even I could improve them.

zH3A24K.jpg

q1ptefU.jpg

Back