Alien Warrior legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Python...great work. It looks fantastic:clap I thought the teeth on the warrior were well done to begin with except for the silver paint that they used. The chrome application takes them to another level. The Big Chap's teeth are another story since they are a mess to begin with. As you know, it's not just the paint that they used, the teeth are not casted properly. There is little to no separation between the teeth and there are all kind of imperfections on them (bumps/indentations, etc.). Plus they will be harder to work on given the partially closed mouth. I think you're going to have your work cut out for you on that one.

Nice job! I'd really like to paint my Big Chap teeth but don't think I've got the steady hand and skill necessary to do so.

All of the work is in the masking, the actual painting takes no time at all. Play around with some Humbrol maskol and tape, you might find it easier than you imagine. You can buy various chrome paints these days, I went with Alclad to get the best possible shine, but any half decent paint will be a huge improvement, and most are pretty easy to work with. Failing that, join a modeling forum (not the kind with skimpy ladies ;)) And see if there is anybody near by you that may be able to help or something, most communities are friendly enough.

Python...great work. It looks fantastic:clap I thought the teeth on the warrior were well done to begin with except for the silver paint that they used. The chrome application takes them to another level. The Big Chap's teeth are another story since they are a mess to begin with. As you know, it's not just the paint that they used, the teeth are not casted properly. There is little to no separation between the teeth and there are all kind of imperfections on them (bumps/indentations, etc.). Plus they will be harder to work on given the partially closed mouth. I think you're going to have your work cut out for you on that one.

Ahh man, don't remind me, I was going to do him first but have put him off until the new year lol. I agree, the Warrior isn't too bad actually, it was just the rubbish dull paint and the fact that half the gum was silver, and half of the teeth blue that messed it up. The Big Chap though, well the politest word I can use for his teeth is that they are terrible. I'm not sure if the texturing was intended to be there or not by the sculptor of this? Either way, I'll remove as much as I can and base it on the movie suit as much as possible, not sure how I'm going to do it yet but we'll get there. Still want to remove that damn scratched up dome and all of the filler but I think that may be beyond me tbh...

Looks great Python. Nice work. Chap will be much harder to paint. I haven't seen pics of him with chrome paint yet.

If anyone has to destroy a bust of big chap. Can i implore you to carefully extract the upper and lower teeth molds. . If so ill pay to have them shipped to me. I may be able to make molds and casts of the teeth and then vacuum form a thin chrome sheet over them. If i can accomplish this i will be able to produce a few sets of caps for the busts that will just clip over the teeth. This is only possible because the teeth are not seperate but just one cast piece. Since the dimensions from teeth to gum are pretty generous with a thin enough plastic sheet you would not even know its a cap. Worth a shot. And plus it would negate the casting imperfections in the chompers as well.

Sculpting them would be a huge undertaking especially to make copies. But to make one mold and cast then vacuum form wouldnt be too bad. And as far as selling them i wouldnt expect anything more than the cost of shipping and the chrome plastic sheet. Wouldnt be more than $10 combined seriously. Im just thinking of an alternative way for other collectors to correct the teeth issue. It would all depend on if it would actually work or not. Thats why i just asked if anyone had to destroy one if they could carefully seperate the teeth molds. Believe me im not in the market of making money off this. Just trying to help others out. Plus i would find it fun.

I would be willing to check out the shipping rates and if its not too insane i would pay to have them shipped.

If anyone has to destroy a bust of big chap. Can i implore you to carefully extract the upper and lower teeth molds. . If so ill pay to have them shipped to me. I may be able to make molds and casts of the teeth and then vacuum form a thin chrome sheet over them. If i can accomplish this i will be able to produce a few sets of caps for the busts that will just clip over the teeth. This is only possible because the teeth are not seperate but just one cast piece. Since the dimensions from teeth to gum are pretty generous with a thin enough plastic sheet you would not even know its a cap. Worth a shot. And plus it would negate the casting imperfections in the chompers as well.

Making a grill!!! Awesome!!!

I have spare teeth but I'm assuming you're American.

That's a British joke right thar! :wink1:

It really would be somewhat simple to do. I have the tools at my disposal since i help build pro race cars on the side with a highly talented fabricator and machinist. I just dont want to bust up a good piece to do it. Thats why im saying if anyone has to bust one up just remove the teeth sections carefully and ill see what i can do.

My Warrior's flaking.. I haven't moved it, and only a light dusting here and there.. I had to send back my Big chap and now noticing this. =/

Got mine today from collectibles direct in the UK. It's a nice piece with no serious flaws. The teeth are awful though and there was paint on the polystyrene tray. Oh dear Sideshow.

Back