Alien: Space Jockey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That HCG just really underwhelms me. I'm glad I finally picked up one of my long sought after pieces recently, the Palisades Space Jockey. There is just so much less detail on this new one. Even the broken out portion of his torso is not finished to look like a xenomorph erupted from within. And the paint apps are awful looking.

I'm sorry to tear the HCG apart so badly, but that is just my opinion. You got a great deal on it, but I don't see why anybody would have paid full retail on that piece.

:(

I finally received one of my last few palisades grails!!
Really impressed by the detail, paint ap and size!

DSCF8775.jpg

DSCF8776.jpg

Congrats Freak, I've always wanted one of these. It's indeed a very impressive piece. Such a shame Palisades is no longer around, they used to make some good stuff. Apart from some of the old Halcyon alien model kits, Palisades is where collecting started for me..

Congrats Freak, I've always wanted one of these. It's indeed a very impressive piece. Such a shame Palisades is no longer around, they used to make some good stuff. Apart from some of the old Halcyon alien model kits, Palisades is where collecting started for me..

Thanks! You're right, it is a shame palisades is no longer around. I've always loved their artwork for their boxes and their products which while clearly is not targeted at the high end still produced really cool pieces at affordable prices. as for the space jockey, it is getting rarer and rarer to see it on ebay. I'm just glad I managed to get it, even then I had to buy it off some foreign eBay site. Lol. Although I may have over paid for it? $190. :(

I'm really looking forward to one of my final palisades grail pieces which I just won on eBay for 120! The alien queen signature statue.

I just recently got my Jockey also (about a month ago actually) Got him off the bay for $199. I'm totally satisfied with the sculpt, paint and size of him also. I felt that he was worth $199 to me. So i think $190 is a good price if he's in good condition. :wink1:

Congrats and enjoy your Grail piece! I know I do. :)

Thanks! You're right, it is a shame palisades is no longer around. I've always loved their artwork for their boxes and their products which while clearly is not targeted at the high end still produced really cool pieces at affordable prices. as for the space jockey, it is getting rarer and rarer to see it on ebay. I'm just glad I managed to get it, even then I had to buy it off some foreign eBay site. Lol. Although I may have over paid for it? $190. :(

I'm really looking forward to one of my final palisades grail pieces which I just won on eBay for 120! The alien queen signature statue

I think $190 is pretty damn good, I've seen em' go for a lot more than
that in the past.
$120 for the queen is a steel, well done..:clap I bought an A/P a couple
of years back for almost $300 dlvd to Australia.

@playa7

Congrats to you to mate.:hi5: I think I'm going to have to chase one of
these spacej's up..

@playa7

these spacej's up..

Thanks! :hi5: and Good Luck with your hunt for your own Space jockey!!

Oh and don't settle for those tiny micro Jockeys either. The big Jockey is the only way to go in my opinion. So much details you gotta see it on a lager scale. :wink1:

I just recently got my Jockey also (about a month ago actually) Got him off the bay for $199. I'm totally satisfied with the sculpt, paint and size of him also. I felt that he was worth $199 to me. So i think $190 is a good price if he's in good condition. :wink1:

Congrats and enjoy your Grail piece! I know I do. :)

Congrats on getting it too! Glad to know I didn't over paid for it. I do feel like he's worth the money too. I mean a hot toys figure is even more expensive and this is a statue!

I've been looking him over and wow, the sculpt is really really good! Very impressed by palisades, definitely one of their finer pieces.

I think $190 is pretty damn good, I've seen em' go for a lot more than
that in the past.
$120 for the queen is a steel, well done..:clap I bought an A/P a couple
of years back for almost $300 dlvd to Australia.

@playa7

these spacej's up..

You definitely should! After receiving the piece in hand I'm really blown away by how awesome it just is, especially for what it retailed for!
I was really lucky for the queen i think. There was another queen ending just a few hours earlier on ebay. Lost on that one, got on the next one and it ended up much lower. whew! :panic:

Even $300 is a good price I think. The queen looks awesome and big! Plus shipping must have cost quite a bit too.

Thanks! :hi5: and Good Luck with your hunt for your own Space jockey!!

Oh and don't settle for those tiny micro Jockeys either. The big Jockey is the only way to go in my opinion. So much details you gotta see it on a lager scale. :wink1:

I have seen the micro jockey, while they are cute and still nice in their own way, I only see them as a product to compliment this larger piece. The large piece is definitely the way to go. :hi5:

Congrats! Looks like a great piece. :hi5:

Man, I've always loved this piece. Congrats!

Thanks guys!!! Hope for those of you still on the fence my pics and enthusiasm convinced you to get this awesome piece! haha

PS: I really miss palisades. haha

I was able to get my hands on a new deluxe space jockey a couple of months ago and I think it looks fantastic:clap Nice size, sculpt and paint makes this one of Palisades better pieces in my opinion.

I was able to get my hands on a new deluxe space jockey a couple of months ago and I think it looks fantastic:clap Nice size, sculpt and paint makes this one of Palisades better pieces in my opinion.

Congrats! :hi5: Do post pics too! :yess:

Does anyone know where I might pick up one of the SMO CReations SJ bust????

Painted or unpainted makes no difference.

tumblr_l5bdslMAsC1qa1o5zo1_500.jpg

Even though we're now pretty sure it wasn't a traditional face hugger that infected the SJ I'm still VERY interested in owning this piece.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You might check TheHiveForum.com

That's where this piece was originally released (to members)...so someone may still have one.

That's actually my piece you have pictured there, but I sold it already.

I finally received one of my last few palisades grails!!
Really impressed by the detail, paint ap and size!

DSCF8775.jpg

DSCF8776.jpg

Great score!!!! Only Palisades peice I have left. And it isn't going anywhere. One of THE best A L I E N peices EVER!!!:yess:

Here's some pics of mine: https://forum.rebelscum.com/t1010677-24/ I got mine from a pawn shop, no box and a couple small chips, that takes NOTHING away from this bad boy.

i own the casting prototype of the Deluxe jockey. Far and away the best thing Palisades ever did.

i have the Halcyon kit.
SJ2.jpg

My uncle bought one of these last year. It's laying broken and dusty on the shelf in his disgusting room. He lives with my grandmother, doesn't have a job, and gets basically whatever he wants.

Oh, and he won't have it painted. So the entire model is just one color. Black.

Back