Alien: Isolation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my shipping notice so this should be here tomorrow. I just started playing Shadow of Mordor though. I hate that all these games are shipping around the same time.

Got my shipping notice so this should be here tomorrow. I just started playing Shadow of Mordor though. I hate that all these games are shipping around the same time.

I know what you mean. I'm picking this up on Wednesday and I know I Wont be done mordor before then. Then I have sunset overdrive at the end of the month (unless it does terrible in which case I'll cancel it) and then I have Farcry 4 in November. Never thought I would ever complain about having too many games to play.

I know what you mean. I'm picking this up on Wednesday and I know I Wont be done mordor before then. Then I have sunset overdrive at the end of the month (unless it does terrible in which case I'll cancel it) and then I have Farcry 4 in November. Never thought I would ever complain about having too many games to play.

Yeah I won't be done with Shadow of Mordor for a while, and then Alien:Isolation, Dragon Age 3, The Evil within, Assassins Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, Project Cars and then GTAV early next year, and then I imagine by the time I'm done with those Batman Arkham Knight will be out, and countless others :rotfl

:woo

It makes up for the almost brutal past 8 months of **** though

Very excited to pick this up tonight. The Alien Anthology Blu-ray set is only $25 at best buy this week too, might upgrade my single sets to that.

November is a scary month for games.. Nov. 11th is Master Chief Collection, then Nov. 18th is FOUR games.. GTA V, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Far Cry 4, and LittleBigPlanet 3. Three days after that on the 21st is Super Smash Bros Wii U. I mean I love it and all but wow. So much so fast :thud:

I am currently being stalked by the alien. It really is scary eh? Things are starting to get interesting. Hmmm.

Steam lets you preload a few days in advance and then completely unlocks a day or so before everyone else. Guessing that's because it's already Tuesday on the other side of the world. I've had my copy available since this morning.

I absolutely love this game. IGN 'S review is such crap. The AI isn't broken, it doesn't lose any tension and you can get through any situation if you concentrate and are careful. I have enjoyed this more than any game so far this year.

Great to hear, yeah I figure IGN's review was crap, they have nothing but dislikes and the game is doing very well at Metacritic.

Reminds me of The Last Supper, heh, heh, heh. But where's the guest of honor?

Cookin' in the oven.

You can't even take IGN seriously these days. They have a bunch of mush heads working for them.

Last edited:
You can't even take IGN seriously these. They have a bunch of mush heads working for them.

Yup, me neither, they used to be somewhat trustworthy back in the day, now they cover every single branch of entertainment and pop-culture without providing constructive criticism on anything, just shallow dumb reviews, every once in a while you see a really good review from someone who knows his stuff, like this Omega Man review, but then you never see anything from these good reviewers anymore...

Now you have them reviewing comics and toys too, and they suck the same :lol

They get the news 1st though, I go to them for news, but I go to some other websites for opinions.

I blame guys like Greg Miller for turning IGN into the nonsense that it is. Their sense of professionalism is just lost for some reason.

Now days, I have more respect for user opinions; whether it's on SSF, Amazon, or even generated user reviews on Steam. I can understand how some people can be turned off, from the game's atmosphere being way too tense. After all, it doesn't seem like a game that would help you relax and unwind after a long day. But, it certainly doesn't deserve the **** score that IGN gave it. They really should be ashamed of themselves.

I blame guys like Greg Miller for turning IGN into the nonsense that it is. Their sense of professionalism is just lost for some reason.

Now days, I have more respect for user opinions; whether it's on SSF, Amazon, or even generated user reviews on Steam. I can understand how some people can be turned off, from the game's atmosphere being way too tense. After all, it doesn't seem like a game that would help you relax and unwind after a long day. But, it certainly doesn't deserve the **** score that IGN gave it. They really should be ashamed of themselves.

Excuse the language, but Miller is an obnoxious pig. I've never hated a total stranger that has personally done nothing wrong to me but he's the first. Miller was so arrogant about the Arkham City debacle where fans cry foul when Arkham scored a 9 whilst Uncharted 3 got a perfect 10, he responded not by explaining his actions but showing off how many people cheered for him. :slap

Really good so far, the graphics are really beautiful. The only thing where it's not so good is the character facial animations during gameplay, they just flap their mouths like puppets. In the cinematics they have full facial animation and it looks great though. Lighting is really well done and they've even got effects like physically based volumetric lighting and particle lighting, makes things look really good. PC of course.

Back