Alien: Isolation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here. Regardless of how the trailers for this look, I still held much doubt on the final product. Colonial Marines look beautiful in the early trailers... since it was being shown on a PC and not on actual consoles.

I have not looked at any gameplay yet outside of about 1 minute of that Pewdie-dude video. Couldn't take anymore "bros" and turned it off.

The game itself sounds interesting and as it seems, it reads as though it could be a decent game.

Colonial Marines look beautiful in the early trailers... since it was being shown on a PC and not on actual consoles.

Well the PC version doesn't look amazing to be honest, I think it has more to do with the fact that they out right lied and promoted footage that wasn't actually in the real game. Isolation looks nice at least imo. I will give it a chance at some point..

I haven't seen any of the reviews - I'm of the luddite mentality that I'd rather read a review than watch one.

But even if this does prove to be repetitive, I can still be okay with this. It may not be the 'ultimate Alien game', but I've been looking forward to this game because it looks like it can scare the crap out of me. So I won't mind the gameplay fun taking a hit if the scares and stress are still there.

Kotaku gave it a "yes", and I've enjoyed games they've given a "no" to before. The Verge was also largely positive, calling it "The perfect 'Alien' game — almost".

This reviewer seems way too confused for his own good. I'll have to play it for myself, but Survival Horror is supposed to keep you on the edge of your seat at all times, and so far, it seems like this game might do just that...

Last edited:
my copy arrived today but I'm playing Shadow of Mordor at the moment. Gonna play Alien tonight in the dark with my Fiancee watching.

I like the atmosphere and look of the game, but the IGN and Gamespot reviews confirm it's not something I would enjoy. Not a big fan of sneakers, in general, and I think constantly being underpowered and killed ad nauseum would get repetitive.

I like the atmosphere and look of the game, but the IGN and Gamespot reviews confirm it's not something I would enjoy. Not a big fan of sneakers, in general, and I think constantly being underpowered and killed ad nauseum would get repetitive.

Shadow of Mordor for you then, your character is certainly not underpowered :rotfl

Lol, I've heard about that. I'd like a game in the Alien universe, but think I'd be happier with something more Aliens inspired. I'd want to eventually be able to blow a few of these things away, instead of only slinking around.

Lol, I've heard about that. I'd like a game in the Alien universe, but think I'd be happier with something more Aliens inspired. I'd want to eventually be able to blow a few of these things away, instead of only slinking around.

Yeah but you shoot one of those freaky Xenos and then all of a sudden they're coming out of the walls and then its game over man!

Yeah but you shoot one of those freaky Xenos and then all of a sudden they're coming out of the walls and then its game over man!

Maybe if the game is a commercial success, they'll make another one after this that marries the two playstyles.

Btw, for Digital PC owners, you can begin preloading it now!

Seeing as The Evil Within is due to release the week after next, I will probably put this one hold until later in the year, but that being said, I patiently wait to hear what the fine users of SSF have to say about Alien: Isolation before deciding if I will play this.

Most of the time, this is how I decide what games to buy at release. There are a few exceptions to that rule, but I am content to wait for Evil Within and play that until I read up first hand reviews from board members.

Evil Within is one I might take a chance on, assuming the reviews are good. Never played a survival horror, but it does look to be really interesting.

Back