Alien: Isolation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Game is awesome so far. Was a good while before the Xeno turned up but it's been non stop tension since you boot the game up. Will it still be good 20 hours in? Can't say yet.

Where do you guys live that you got the game already? Anyone got it on Steam yet?

Never????? As in no Resident Evil? Ever?
No, thir. *hangs head*

I heard great things about Resident Evil (a good friend, at the time, was a reviewer) but I didn't have the platform or a computer good enough to play. (Don't even know if Resident Evil made it to PC, but if not, that would've been a deal killer... I'll only play on PC.)

Where do you guys live that you got the game already? Anyone got it on Steam yet?

Most of the live streams I have watched tonight have been from players in Europe and they have all been on consoles.

My copy isn’t here yet but going off of past pre orders it might arrive Monday. :pray: These will have to keep me busy until then.

aliencomic 009.jpg

No, thir. *hangs head*

I heard great things about Resident Evil (a good friend, at the time, was a reviewer) but I didn't have the platform or a computer good enough to play. (Don't even know if Resident Evil made it to PC, but if not, that would've been a deal killer... I'll only play on PC.)

Then you need to treat yourself to some survival horror. :lecture

c4278de06eebd56f3c97ca8d090c0736.jpg

Arrived yesterday. Played it last night in the dark. **** your pants scary. The tension in the game is amazing, just like the film. [emoji16]

The alien is a beast!!

The only thing that you can't do yet is play any DLC they won't be available until the official release date.
I'm playing it on Hard level and it is extremely tricky! The AI is really good too. The characters are very aware of you. Hiding is your friend.
Will keep everything spoiler free. [emoji4]

Think I'll order this now, found it for £25 on PC so I'll take a punt to get the extra stuff based on the positive talk here.

The only thing that you can't do yet is play any DLC they won't be available until the official release date.
I'm playing it on Hard level and it is extremely tricky! The AI is really good too. The characters are very aware of you. Hiding is your friend.

Thanks

What platform are you playing it on?

Does the IGN score of 5.5 make any sense to you, based on what you have played thus far?

I played it a bit and I'll say this. Is the game hard? Questionable. Ultimately yes but with a huge but : it can feel more like it's simply cheap or unfair at times. Like some reviews point out, the Alien isn't so much really good AI as it is just having a massive advantage over you. Overall the experiance is different, fun if your in the mood for it and an Alien fan, but tedious, really long winded and frustrating. You need patience or you're f'd. It also doesn't strike me as a game I'd ever replay once beaten. It's not fun in the traditional sense. I feel like the fun and reward comes more from after you've played it and put it down and the tension can subside and you can think about your choices.

The whole thing reminds me now of Dead Space a bit. The parts where you have those un-killable hunters after you and that sense of panic it creates until you clear those sections. Except imagine now, you never clear those sections.

What it comes down to is, I cannot imagine anyone ever beating the game without dying, and I think that's where a lot of the wtf factor and confusion in how to score it comes in to play. Is that fair? Not being able to ever attain a level of skill where you'd be able to beat the whole game without dying?

It's not a typical game and you aren't going to have a typical gaming experience. So, I think that's why some people are really hating or unsure what to make of it. But it's still better than Colonial Marines.

Seeing how well IGN's review is being received and how the main complaint in it was that it was "too hard".... I'm more than happy to get my copy next week.

I absolutely love this game. IGN 'S review is such crap. The AI isn't broken, it doesn't lose any tension and you can get through any situation if you concentrate and are careful. I have enjoyed this more than any game so far this year.

Back