Alien: Isolation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really good so far, the graphics are really beautiful. The only thing where it's not so good is the character facial animations during gameplay, they just flap their mouths like puppets. In the cinematics they have full facial animation and it looks great though. Lighting is really well done and they've even got effects like physically based volumetric lighting and particle lighting, makes things look really good. PC of course.

PC ftw :lecture.

Been playing this since Saturday (god knows how it arrived so early only ordering on Friday) and I'm loving it. I'm up to the cyborg bit and yeah it's dragging but doesn't spoil.
Couldn't get the dlc code working but should be live now I hope.
One thing I did notice is a huge framerate drop at the beginning of each cutscene.

The game is absolutely beautiful to look at with equally as good SFX.

Playing Crew Expendable first is truly a terrifying way to start. I gave up after dying the second time and started with the campaign proper. It teaches you the fundamentals before ripping through your face.

Playing Crew Expendable first is truly a terrifying way to start. I gave up after dying the second time and started with the campaign proper. It teaches you the fundamentals before ripping through your face.

I assumed this would be the easier part, I guess not..

Anyone playing on the One? I really wanted to grab a few games, I had pre-ordered this and Forza Horizon 2. Also I have been hearing some good things on Shadow of Mordor. I'm not trying to completely spend a ton of money, but I can probably get a few of them pre-owned from my local GameStop. I just want a really good game to hold me off, I may also just sell my piece of **** Destiny.

I'm curious to know how many times you guys died before you completed it, also what difficulty?

Picked up this game today and I gotta say the ign review is pretty much spot on. Played it for a few hours then decided i'm gonna return it as its just too frustrating. The amount of times you get killed and how easily you get killed is not funny and the lack of savepoints is ridiculous. Also The game also seems to focus more on retrieving items and completing odd jobs then having then any horror moments which are few and far between. Its more of a sneek and creep game then an action survival horror game. I think resident evil 4 was the greatest game in that genre and the only resident evil game to get action survival horror perfect. I honestly thought this was going to be the definite alien game but the frustration it brings saps all the joy out of playing it. Oh well I guess its back to titanfall.

Like I said, that will be one of the big issues for a lot of people. There is no way any ones beating this game without dying and that does really feel strange and almost not ok. The point of games should be to sharpen skills to the point where you can win. When your facing something that has zero predictability that just isn't possible. It's a unique and interesting experience but if it's fun is going to be very subjective, especially since no two players will have the same play through.

The last Survivor game is just stunning visually. The Nostromo is outstandingly recreated.
I just put that on first, no idea how to 'play' this game yet, but it looks amazing.

Like I said, that will be one of the big issues for a lot of people. There is no way any ones beating this game without dying and that does really feel strange and almost not ok. The point of games should be to sharpen skills to the point where you can win. When your facing something that has zero predictability that just isn't possible. It's a unique and interesting experience but if it's fun is going to be very subjective, especially since no two players will have the same play through.

My copy is waiting for me at home, and I can't wait to play it. I agree, the 3leet gamer who gets 50 kills in COD all on his own without dying once, and the guys who play through every game on the hardest difficulty without even batting an eye, are going to hate this game. Because you will die lots, and that's insulting to that style of gamer.

Me, I'm used to dying countless times on medium difficulty while playing the singleplayer campaign of nearly every game, so I suck enough that getting ate by the alien two-dozen times isn't going to ruin the experience for me.

I've seen people playing and it didn't seem that bad, guess I'll know when I play it...
I've seen videos of people playing where the alien looked right at them and then kept on walking. Then I've seen videos of people playing where the alien is completely relentless and they can hardly get through the door before they've been slaughtered. So there definitely seems to be a range of difficulty, and I can definitely appreciate how "I can't even get out of the first room before I die" would be frustrating after the 30th time.

Back