Alien: Isolation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After just playing for 20 minutes or so, I think the problem is that you don't really know what to do. I mean it's not clear where you go or how you deal with the Alien. Mind you I played the extra DLC game first, maybe you are trained in the full game.

"We play the game on hard and it was hard, therefore the game sucks" - IGN

:lol

I'll play this game tomorrow, on hard... see if its really THAT hard

I've seen people playing and it didn't seem that bad, guess I'll know when I play it...

It's not that it's hard in the traditional sense. It's that it's so random. Dying doesn't mean you learned how to do it right and that is what is frustrating people like IGN I think.

You do not control your fate in this game no matter how good you get. A schizophrenic computer does. It's still fun though, at least for a while.

Yeah the Alien seems to be totally blind sometimes...

I can see why that would be frustrating, but its kind of hard to believe someone would die +30 times on such a simple game... :dunno but then again, I haven played it yet. Most games are very easy these days, even a horse could go through them, but this one is different

I can see why that would be frustrating, but its kind of hard to believe someone would die +30 times on such a simple game... :dunno but then again, I haven played it yet. Most games are very easy these days, even a horse could go through them, but this one is different

A lot. Come to terms with it now and you'll have a better time.

It's not that it's hard in the traditional sense. It's that it's so random. Dying doesn't mean you learned how to do it right and that is what is frustrating people like IGN I think.

You do not control your fate in this game no matter how good you get. A schizophrenic computer does. It's still fun though, at least for a while.

So the random AI makes it hard? that is better for me, in every game I learn the enemies patterns super fast and then its easy to defeat them... I'm excited to see this is a real challenge for most people. The thing that worries me is the length... if it doesn't end up being fun I don't see myself playing +20 hours to finish this

A lot. Come to terms with it now and you'll have a better time.

really ? ...

giphy.gif

Ok, I may die a lot but that won't bother me, I love to play games on hard I'm kind of used to it, I think I'll be fine once I get used to the Alien

It is. But it also has some glitchy AI once in a while.

It's nothing they probably can't fix in a future patch. Not even in the Colonial Marines problem ballpark..

I eagerly await a mod or sequel that features more than one alien at a time. That will be the most frustrating game in history. :lol

I like the idea of the AI but I'm not sure that translates well into a game. Ultimately there should be a probability of something being a better choice than others, like if you're in a room and you have to hide there's places where you are less likely to be found. But then there's that chance that you will be found and it's outside of your control, if that's how the AI is then it makes it difficult because you're not really controlling it.

If we are talking about realism and immersion then the AI has to be this way. Like on real life, there's only so many times you'd be able to hide from it. I'm near the end of the game and I still get nervous 20 hours in when it approaches. Isn't that what you want from a horror experience?

If we are talking about realism and immersion then the AI has to be this way. Like on real life, there's only so many times you'd be able to hide from it. I'm near the end of the game and I still get nervous 20 hours in when it approaches. Isn't that what you want from a horror experience?

Your near the end of the game!!!???!!!
Wow. How do you rate it overall? I've only test played it so far, very impressed with it sonically and visually, haven't gotten to grips with the gameplay yet.

Just did the Hospital part. God, this game is good. The atmosphere of it, such dread... I love/hate it!

And also completed Crew Expendable. Tough!

After playing this game for around 5 hours I would really like to have a maquette or at least a figure of the alien from alien isolation. Whose with me?

I hope sideshow or other company makes one because I really like it's animalistic design of the giger alien.

IGN obviously felt the need to justify their review...

After playing this game for around 5 hours I would really like to have a maquette or at least a figure of the alien from alien isolation. Whose with me?

I hope sideshow or other company makes one because I really like it's animalistic design of the giger alien.

I prefer the "man in a suit" Big chap from the movie personally, wouldn't surprise me to see something made though.

It would be amazing if it were made! The only reason I didn't like the big chap was its body looking too much like a human being but this time they made my dream come true by making it look more like a t-rex/velociraptor. I know a lot of people love the original and I appreciate it but I just prefer aliens to look more like a dinosaur, hence why I love the queen alien the most.

Just read the Digital Foundry comparison and PS4 takes the lead when it comes to consoles, with a more stable 30fps. No word yet on a performance analysis on the PC, PS3 and 360 versions yet.

I'm currently playing this at 60fps with V-Sync enabled, and all of the settings maxed-out on PC. But, there are frequent frame dips, and stuttering. Has anyone else experienced that?

What are your specs Solidus?

Just realised the recommended GPU is a GTX660 which is relatively new, I have the EVGA GTX680 Superclocked version but I'm thinking of getting the Gigabyte GTX980 G1.

It would be amazing if it were made! The only reason I didn't like the big chap was its body looking too much like a human being but this time they made my dream come true by making it look more like a t-rex/velociraptor. I know a lot of people love the original and I appreciate it but I just prefer aliens to look more like a dinosaur, hence why I love the queen alien the most.

The Medicom Alien is still the most accurate 1/6th Giger Alien, although it's very small and has a strange lack of paint. The detail and form is fantastic though, waaay better than HT's Big Chap which completely missed out on the shape of Giger's design and instead made a generic "alien".

Back