Alien: Isolation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our worst fears confirmed, the reviews seems to paint game is as tediously repetitious. It saddens me that we're still not getting the ultimate Alien game.

Oh well, I'll pick this up on sale then. :(

i hardly have Faith in the Alien Gaming Franchise anymore ..

Pass for me for a month filled of game releases .

Oh damn! I had been fearing as much but I was really hoping they had gotten this one right. I'll wait for the Steam Christmas sale and get it for a few quid then...

Just to balance things out however..

Alien Isolation Review | Reviews | The Escapist

"Recommendation: I won't lie to you about your chances ... but you have my sympathies."
:lol thats great

I just read IGN review and started to get a little frustrated. But I think I will keep my order and see for myself.

Sent from my iPhone located on the planet Hoth.

Really!!!?

After the last couple of vids I watched, everything looked fantastic to me.

I think I'll let the dust settle before damning it just yet. :lol

Just realised Green man gaming have a 25% off code on their front page, might make Isolation worth picking up. I can't get it to work however, maybe it is excluded. Might be worth a try though for anybody else...

Ugh! Gamespot and IGN :rotfl :rotfl

Forgive me if I choose to draw my own conclusions

Thank you....IGN review is inconsistent with its score....Ryan score it a 5.9 and his biggest complaint was that he sucked, yet to seemed to praise quiet a bit and actually said the unscipted nature of the Alien was too hard cause he wasn't predicable....excuse me, but that sounds great

To be fair, I think it automatically loses 3 points for not being Call of Duty... and they call this repetitive!

Thank you....IGN review is inconsistent with its score....Ryan score it a 5.9 and his biggest complaint was that he sucked, yet to seemed to praise quiet a bit and actually said the unscipted nature of the Alien was too hard cause he wasn't predicable....excuse me, but that sounds great
Seemed he'd have scored the game much higher if it were 10 hrs instead of 20 hrs, with the runtime being artificially padded out - resulting in repetition and frustration. But he also played it on hard, resulting in significantly more deaths and likely much of the repetition and over-extended runtime he experienced. I suspect playing it on normal would make for a far more enjoyable game.

Seemed he'd have scored the game much higher if it were 10 hrs instead of 20 hrs, with the runtime being artificially padded out - resulting in repetition and frustration. But he also played it on hard, resulting in significantly more deaths and likely much of the repetition and over-extended runtime he experienced. I suspect playing it on normal would make for a far more enjoyable game.

I think this is key. I am curious to try 'hard' just to see if Ryan is on/offbase but may go with Medium for now.

Scores for this game are ALL over the map. Reminds me that they are, in fact, just opinions.

I think the first playthrough should be on the normal difficulty, not the hard unless you're looking for punishment. I usually never start on the hardest difficulty on the first go through of any game.

I tend to trust the reviews of peers more so than "professional reviewers" and I use the term professional loosely.

I read the IGN review this morning and then the PC Magazine review. Two vastly different scores that pretty much paint the same picture although I would say I enjoyed the PC Mag article much more.

Seeing as The Evil Within is due to release the week after next, I will probably put this one hold until later in the year, but that being said, I patiently wait to hear what the fine users of SSF have to say about Alien: Isolation before deciding if I will play this.

I tend to trust the reviews of peers more so than "professional reviewers" and I use the term professional loosely.

I read the IGN review this morning and then the PC Magazine review. Two vastly different scores that pretty much paint the same picture although I would say I enjoyed the PC Mag article much more.

Seeing as The Evil Within is due to release the week after next, I will probably put this one hold until later in the year, but that being said, I patiently wait to hear what the fine users of SSF have to say about Alien: Isolation before deciding if I will play this.

:lecture

That's pretty much how I decide on getting new releases lately.

To be honest, I had not even thought of giving this game any of my time prior to yesterday due to the disaster just about every game from the Alien franchise has been.

Same here. Regardless of how the trailers for this look, I still held much doubt on the final product. Colonial Marines look beautiful in the early trailers... since it was being shown on a PC and not on actual consoles.

Back