Alien: Isolation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never heard of him before is he supposed to be a game celebrity or something? I didn't really find him that entertaining, and I ended up turning the volume down just to tune out some of his comments.

I had to mute the video--I might have listened to it if there was any insight toward the game but walking by a wrench and saying, "It's a wrench." serves no purpose. Game looks awesome though.

I've never heard of him before is he supposed to be a game celebrity or something? I didn't really find him that entertaining, and I ended up turning the volume down just to tune out some of his comments.
I watched the whole thing with my mouse arrow poised on the mute control. :lol

Great vid though - & what an amazing looking game so far! :rock

I am going to take the advice of reviews and watch the original movie the night before......any excuse to watch ALIEN is fine by me. Still feeling 'guilty' that I got the phenomenal Quadrilogy on blu for $30

I am going to take the advice of reviews and watch the original movie the night before......any excuse to watch ALIEN is fine by me. Still feeling 'guilty' that I got the phenomenal Quadrilogy on blu for $30

Yes my plan too, although I'm going watch it right before I play the game for the first time :wink1:

I normally refuse to order a game before reviews hit, but Alien:Isolation has been getting such positive praise from those who have played it and I don't want to miss out on the "Nostromo Edition" so I might just take a chance. It just keeps looking better and better.

Last edited:
I normally refuse to order a game before reviews hit, but Alien:Isolation has been getting such positive praise from those who have played it and I don't want to miss out on the "Nostromo Edition" so I might just take a chance. It just keeps looking better and better.

I think this might make me purchase a ps4. It looks good, but in the new Game Informer, the editor says it's so stressful and scary that he's not even sure if he'd consider it fun. And that's a huge compliment for me.

Great video, thanks for posting.

Hmmmm...trying to decide whether to get this or The Evil Within.

Last edited:
Yeah no kidding...a bunch of good games are dropping. I'll be getting them for the PC and this one looks incredible graphics and atmosphere wise, haven't heard much about The Evil Within though.

Technical question: The Minimum Requirements state that You can play with Win7 32bit, but require 4GB RAM. Anyone with basic knowledge is aware that a 32bit system will only detect about 3. 3GB of RAM even if you have 8 or more connected.

So, was that just an oversight when writing up the Requirements? Or will I have to hack the kernel thing? Because I can't just go buy a new OS.

I'm guessing they just said 4 GB RAM to keep it simple and factoring in all 4 won't be used/seen (3.3) by the OS so I wouldn't sweat it.

Decided to get this to support an Alien game that looks like it will be a good game. Green Man Gaming has a 25% off coupon for preorders if anyone purchases from them: septem-beroff-er25xx (good till 9/30 around 1 pm Central Time Zone)

Last edited:
32-Bit can use 4GB, but normally only 2GB can be used by an app, there's the 3GB switch that allows you to use more, but some is always dedicated to the OS.
At least, that's how it was with XP.

So I'm buried in Destiny (I know, I know but it's got me)..
Massive Alien fan, but completely pissed off after the last game, never even opened the disk after seeing the reviews. But this? Well it looks amazing.

What version has the most included (DLC) Nostromo or Ripley version? Ordered Ripley, but the online info for the different versions is pretty crap.
Any deluxe versions or cool collectibles with it?

Back