Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not sure yet if I am going to buy it for the 2500,00 Euros. I also think that this price is very high and hope this development is a temporary thing.

But I fear the 2000 USD + x could become the entry level for the Sideshow Big Chap Maquette in the future. I have the impression it started with the release of the CA/Sega game Alien:Isolation. Since the game is on the market, the interest in the Alien franchise has risen from hibernation. You will find in the A:I forum at Steam many threads about the franchise. Some of the gamers have started collecting Alien(s) items.

Parallel with it came the announcement by Neill Blomkamp for a 5th Alien movie. This will also give a push to the collectors market as many fans were disappointed by Nr.3 and 4. A 5th movie with a direct connection to Aliens will lead much more people into cinemas then Prometheus did and the interest in figures will rise. This is certainly only a personal guess/opinion.

True, though the game I don't think much :p Gamers, especially PC gamers, are notoriously cheap they bulk even at 300$ PF prices and think this is insane ;p They'll go for the cheaper stuff. The Alien movie announcement might though, but I expect a whole line of stuff from that movie tbh.

as you know, asking price can be way different than the real value. I sold my CM Alien for $1700 a couple years ago, but if $1500 is your max, I'm sure you'll find the SS version for that if you stay patient.

I mean, if someone offers me the alien cinemaquette for $1700 I'll take it. :lol

True, though the game I don't think much :p Gamers, especially PC gamers, are notoriously cheap they bulk even at 300$ PF prices and think this is insane ;p They'll go for the cheaper stuff. The Alien movie announcement might though, but I expect a whole line of stuff from that movie tbh.

I agree another Alien movie will result in new figures/stuff.

But I have the impression the SS 1/4 Big Chap will stay a special piece due to it's unique pose. So new editions of the ALIEN may not drive down the price for it.

I decided to be patient and keep watching for a reasonable price.

Bump for a reissue SS? Do you want money ss? There is some willing to pay for a reissue or a repaint. This one does not bother me since the ES was at the very beginning to be no ES. If this had a ES and then it was raised then I would be all against it for sure. So SS how about more for late comers or for people who waited too long :(

Bump for a reissue SS? Do you want money ss? There is some willing to pay for a reissue or a repaint. This one does not bother me since the ES was at the very beginning to be no ES. If this had a ES and then it was raised then I would be all against it for sure. So SS how about more for late comers or for people who waited too long :(
This was limited to 1250 and you have one :slap

I'm guessing you're harping on about the Wolf LSF?... Again! :sleep

There's a big chap on the bay now for 2500.00 or best offer. That's a decent buy if anyone needs this. The last couple sold for over 4k😱 it does say best offer so knock off maybe 500.00 then it's a great deal!

This was limited to 1250 and you have one :slap

I'm guessing you're harping on about the Wolf LSF?... Again! :sleep

Big chap was limited to 1250? Wow that's still a lot of them. I thought it was like 600 or less. Maybe wolf was limited to like 500 since he's gone so fast. Still I sane how a no ES statue is gone so fast. I mean look at the rest of the no ES statues. They linger for like 5 years. crazy how some here bought 2 wolfs. That thing looks so freaking cool. Best predator statue that will ever be made for a very long time. Maybe a LSF big chap to go with wolf lsf. Sideshow? :D

Got my big chap and he is far and away the best piece I own. I'm in love with an alien.

Back