Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you're right! :)

Haha believe me dude, I'm a casual and average collector at best. Nowhere near some of these other guys, so if I can find this, then I know you'll be able to. I'm telling you right now...you will NEVER let it go.

I got this guy for under retail from a local store, which is kind of crazy now considering what it goes for. Surprisingly, it was available for a while once it started shipping. With that said, this piece is awesome and the wait will be well worth it!

Under retail! Does your store have another? ^^

No, sorry, I probably should have mentioned this was a few years ago. :lol

Yeah this thing has a great presence. I had many statues on display and a few friends noticed gladiator hulk and big chap over galactus. They didn't care much for all the other PF. This guy is awesome looking with the mean grinning evil face looking forward. The details are amazing looking! I bought mine at the bay for 650.00 shipped a couple of years ago. I was terrified when it arrive checking to see if was broken or not. Only had a crack on the finger but SS help to replace it after 6 months to the original seller / buyer. I was so thankful. Anyone want to trade for a LSF wolf? :lol.

Hello,

I am offered a Sideshow Big Chap maquette for 2500 Euros here in Europe.

Compared to the latest ebay.com deals for around 2000 USD, this price is quite "fair". Because for us europeans 2000 USD means a total final price of over 2500 USD when adding insured shipping by airmail, 19% VAT and customs charge.

The Big Chap is quite rare here, so I could not say what is/was the "normal" price for Europe.

@Python,
very interesting the offer for an 800 GBP "Big Chap" at ebayUK you mention. I never saw this offer. Probably the seller was not willing sending to the continent so the listing was not visible for me.

Yeah this thing has a great presence. I had many statues on display and a few friends noticed gladiator hulk and big chap over galactus. They didn't care much for all the other PF. This guy is awesome looking with the mean grinning evil face looking forward. The details are amazing looking! I bought mine at the bay for 650.00 shipped a couple of years ago. I was terrified when it arrive checking to see if was broken or not. Only had a crack on the finger but SS help to replace it after 6 months to the original seller / buyer. I was so thankful. Anyone want to trade for a LSF wolf? :lol.

It's definitely got a great presence!

geez, this piece is becoming more overrated than the Doom pf

Even though I love this piece, I gotta admit, I didn't expect it to be this sought after. It was available for a long time after it started shipping.

This thing only seems to have shot up in price recently. You know, as soon as I started trying to buy one. :lol

Id go for the CM if I were you man. Better packaging, chrome teeth, bigger scale , signed by giger himself . People are asking just about the same price for both.

People are asking substantially more for the CM. The maquette is going between $1-2k versus, say, the $3.3k the only cinemaquette for sale in the commerce section here is going for.

I simply can't go above 1500 for this piece. I want it desperately, but I can't afford any more than that. It seems everyone is getting decent deals but me with this piece. It only shot up in price because of fake ebay sales. Now other sellers refuse to live in reality land because they just so desperately want that much more for their piece. No one has paid even 2k for this piece. Best offers were accepted on the ones listed at that price point.

I sold my Darth Talon PF to help fund this. I probably could have made a few hundred dollars more selling it. When I sell things I typically don't make a buck off of it. I sell them for about what I got them for. I don't like to gouge other collectors when I get a good deal on a piece. I like to pass it along to another person trying to hunt down a pricey item if I sell it. At the time it seemed like a nice thing to do.

In retrospect I'm like, "WHAT THE ****** WAS I THINKING?! I NEED MORE MONEY!"

People are asking substantially more for the CM. The maquette is going between $1-2k versus, say, the $3.3k the only cinemaquette for sale in the commerce section here is going for.

I simply can't go above 1500 for this piece. I want it desperately, but I can't afford any more than that. It seems everyone is getting decent deals but me with this piece. It only shot up in price because of fake ebay sales. Now other sellers refuse to live in reality land because they just so desperately want that much more for their piece. No one has paid even 2k for this piece. Best offers were accepted on the ones listed at that price point.

I sold my Darth Talon PF to help fund this. I probably could have made a few hundred dollars more selling it. When I sell things I typically don't make a buck off of it. I sell them for about what I got them for. I don't like to gouge other collectors when I get a good deal on a piece. I like to pass it along to another person trying to hunt down a pricey item if I sell it. At the time it seemed like a nice thing to do.

Have you seen this in person yet? It looks so much better and bigger in person. The pose is awesome don't listen to people who says the pose sucks.
Yes I know what you mean with the hiking in prices. I've been trying to buy a GI joe SDCC zaranna for a while now. Prices was at my max at 60.00 to 75.00. Now only because all the sellers are starting the prices at 130.00 to 160.00. That's what they are all going for. But I can be patient and wait fir the prices to come back down in time. in the end I know I will have to pay more than I expected because it's only getting less out there. I had to pay double what I wanted for the sdcc set slaugter and fss cover girl moc. But hey I do love those 80s art work on those joes packagings. Same goes for tf's!

This thing only seems to have shot up in price recently. You know, as soon as I started trying to buy one. :lol

Could be temporary ;p That's what happens sometimes when one sells for a lot, though sometimes that becomes a self fulling prophecy and the price rises ;P

Don't freak out :<

as you know, asking price can be way different than the real value. I sold my CM Alien for $1700 a couple years ago, but if $1500 is your max, I'm sure you'll find the SS version for that if you stay patient.

Could be temporary ;p That's what happens sometimes when one sells for a lot, though sometimes that becomes a self fulling prophecy and the price rises ;P

Don't freak out :<

I am not sure yet if I am going to buy it for the 2500,00 Euros. I also think that this price is very high and hope this development is a temporary thing.

But I fear the 2000 USD + x could become the entry level for the Sideshow Big Chap Maquette in the future. I have the impression it started with the release of the CA/Sega game Alien:Isolation. Since the game is on the market, the interest in the Alien franchise has risen from hibernation. You will find in the A:I forum at Steam many threads about the franchise. Some of the gamers have started collecting Alien(s) items.

Parallel with it came the announcement by Neill Blomkamp for a 5th Alien movie. This will also give a push to the collectors market as many fans were disappointed by Nr.3 and 4. A 5th movie with a direct connection to Aliens will lead much more people into cinemas then Prometheus did and the interest in figures will rise. This is certainly only a personal guess/opinion.

I
I am not sure yet if I am going to buy it for the 2500,00 Euros. I also think that this price is very high and hope this development is a temporary thing.

But I fear the 2000 USD + x could become the entry level for the Sideshow Big Chap Maquette in the future. I have the impression it started with the release of the CA/Sega game Alien:Isolation. Since the game is on the market, the interest in the Alien franchise has risen from hibernation. You will find in the A:I forum at Steam many threads about the franchise. Some of the gamers have started collecting Alien(s) items.

Parallel with it came the announcement by Neill Blomkamp for a 5th Alien movie. This will also give a push to the collectors market as many fans were disappointed by Nr.3 and 4. A 5th movie with a direct connection to Aliens will lead much more people into cinemas then Prometheus did and the interest in figures will rise. This is certainly only a personal guess/opinion.

I'm sure ss will make more alien maquettes PF in the future. Maybe a alien big chap LSF to go with wolf Lsf?

Back