Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else get a sense we could be in for an Ellen Ripley production announcement with the latest Sideshow newsletter Screencap: Like Ripley? Hope hope....

I want to add a piece from Alien movies and I found this very tempting. thinking of flexing this guy since the price is way higher than what I usually pay for statues, damn I hate this hobby :(

Get It while u can...this is a piece i preordered....i sacrificed preordering the sano bust, bc for me, a full-bodied alien trumps a bust, even if the bust was more accurate...
I.m very happy with it...i still wished it was as detailed as the smaller sano, considering it's bigger, but the paint job and presence makes up for the less precise sculpted details

Can anyone tell me just how wide the base is including the tail. I have the perfect place to put it but I am worried that the tail would make it difficult to set up. Thanks in advance.

Can anyone tell me just how wide the base is including the tail. I have the perfect place to put it but I am worried that the tail would make it difficult to set up. Thanks in advance.

my dispplay case it's in is 17x14,and it is a pretty close fit, so if the your space is at least that big, you shouldn't have any issues.

Anyone else get a sense we could be in for an Ellen Ripley production announcement with the latest Sideshow newsletter Screencap: Like Ripley? Hope hope....

I think if there's any way they can get her permission, they'd be wise to agree to her terms, take a loss on the individual figure and make it happen!

my dispplay case it's in is 17x14,and it is a pretty close fit, so if the your space is at least that big, you shouldn't have any issues.

Thanks. It will fit. I think I am going to have to wait to order it. I need to find out the price of the R2 and 3PO PF as well as the Hulk Maquette before I order anything as expensive as the Alien.

If the base were just a inch smaller or the head leaned back an inch more, it could fit in the bottom of a detolf. Soooooo close.

Well I was going to wait on this big guy but I got a great deal on him from fellow board member Damomoly. Great guy and a great seller.

As most have said this guy is HUGE. Nothing really gets you ready for how big it is unless you already owned the CM.

My only complaints are that I wish he was more black in color. He is a bit brownish. I also wish I got a bit darker dome. I prefer not to see the skull inside. I like the blind alien look.

Well here are some photos.

P1140893.jpg

P1140892.jpg

P1140897.jpg

P1140902.jpg

Well here is something I did not expect. I actually like it placed like this better. Somehow it is more Giger looking to me. I also like that you can see more of the Alien body this way. Oh and he looks better from the seat I sit in to watch movies. Gives me a more straight on view which I also like.

P1140911.jpg

P1140916.jpg

oh JAWS u don't know how much you are tempting me. I'm still trying to resist till SDCC to see what Sideshow have to offer along with the release dates. if Iron Man VII real size bust will be released next year I'll be getting this in Sep or Oct :)

I must say that he looks really good the way you have him displayed. Thanks for the positive words and even though it was hard to let him go :monkey2, I am glad he went to a good home :)

Well I was going to wait on this big guy but I got a great deal on him from fellow board member Damomoly. Great guy and a great seller.

As most have said this guy is HUGE. Nothing really gets you ready for how big it is unless you already owned the CM.

My only complaints are that I wish he was more black in color. He is a bit brownish. I also wish I got a bit darker dome. I prefer not to see the skull inside. I like the blind alien look.

Well here are some photos.

P1140893.jpg

P1140892.jpg

P1140897.jpg

P1140902.jpg

Wow. He looks amazing. The shark over his head is hysterical!

I really like the Giger art for all the phases of the Alien. I think I'll copy that display idea.

Can't do that I copyrighted it. :)

Ya know having this in the house for the day I can honestly say I like it but I don't love it. The paint really drives me crazy. I wish he was blacker. Would help so much. I also think i am just so familiar with this character that he is sort of been there done that for me (I have had a ton of different Aliens in my life going back to the original Toy and Model that came out when the film was first released) All of this sucks because I loved many of the photos I saw of this guy. Again it just comes down to the paint more then anything.

Grrrrr. I hate being a hard man to please.

Ya know having this in the house for the day I can honestly say I like it but I don't love it. The paint really drives me crazy. I wish he was blacker. Would help so much. I also think i am just so familiar with this character that he is sort of been there done that for me (I have had a ton of different Aliens in my life going back to the original Toy and Model that came out when the film was first released) All of this sucks because I loved many of the photos I saw of this guy. Again it just comes down to the paint more then anything.

I picked up my Cinemaquette Alien this week, I decided I like it more because of how dark it is. So, I agree with you on that. The CM is awesome. Big Chap looks great in your pics, and your display looks great. Congrats.

Send him to me, I'll darken him up, tint his dome darker, and gloss him up to boot. How about some chrome teeth? :naughty

:wave

Back