Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only concern is the quality. I'm not gonna cry if someone else has the same statue as me.

I don't know if having this many made is going to drastically hurt the quality or not though.. Which was my question.

Probably the most requested of the Alien creatures, so the ES doesn't surprise me. But at that price, it'll be around for a while. I can wait to see in-hand pics before making a decision to purchase. It'll also give me time to see what Sideshow does with the LSB. Alien paired with the Predator LSB will look good together.

Probably the most requested of the Alien creatures, so the ES doesn't surprise me. But at that price, it'll be around for a while. I can wait to see in-hand pics before making a decision to purchase. It'll also give me time to see what Sideshow does with the LSB. Alien paired with the Predator LSB will look good together.

yea, I might be more tempted to wait for an Alien LSB at $300-350, instead of spending $700 on a creatue I'm not gaga over.

My only concern is the quality. I'm not gonna cry if someone else has the same statue as me.

I don't know if having this many made is going to drastically hurt the quality or not though.. Which was my question.

I understand some of you guys don't care about ES. But for me as a collector IMO, it just makes it more interesting and fun when there's a low ES. And perhaps maybe a certain "collectable" I buy go's up in value sooner or later down the line.

Now I know you cant and shouldn't expect this in every collectable, but.. for something like this maquette here, this 1/4 scale Alien maquette. I think there is a serious problem when they're making over a thousand units of this piece. It's actually kind of absurd from a collecting stand point.

Like I said collecting becomes more fun and interesting when you have rare pieces in your collection that not many people have.

I understand some of you guys don't care about ES. But for me as a collector IMO, it just makes it more interesting and fun when there's a low ES. And perhaps maybe a certain "collectable" I buy go's up in value sooner or later down the line.

Now I know you cant and shouldn't expect this in every collectable, but.. for something like this maquette here, this 1/4 scale Alien maquette. I think there is a serious problem when they're making over a thousand units of this piece. It's actually kind of absurd from a collecting stand point.

Like I said collecting becomes more fun and interesting when you have rare pieces in your collection that not many people have.

I agree 100%. I don't collect as an investment but I do like to know it's worth something if it ever needs to be moved in the future. When there's too many, and especially at high prices like this, you can forget about that in most cases.

i know people are going on about the pose of the alien, I personally like the creppt pose and im glad I pre ordered this piece at this qty. im sure the quality will be great :)

This most definetely will be available cheaper than Sideshow price...

This most definetely will be available cheaper than Sideshow price...

Already is... :lol

Although, not as great a price as I had hoped for, or even paid for the previous entry in the line from the same dealer. At the very least, my shipping is free, so I'm saving about one C-note in total. Strange the dealer initially told me that Sideshow was likely going to limit this one more than the Aliens version, and that was the reason for the less deep discount.

Doesn't matter to me anyway, I think it looks great and will compliment my collection amazingly. However, like others I am reticent to buy up front with the feeling that great deals are surely to be had in a year or two. Oh well, deposit is down...

Higher ES and akward pose just means it will be in stock for a long time and I can just wait and get it way down the line, maybe even for a big discount in the secondary market like the Speeder bike : )

The Predator maquette had an ES of 1050. Not too far off from this and look at how much that goes for these days.

You're NOT a true collector. You're someone who is buying something hoping that they can sell it later for an inflated price.

Sort of like a mentally challenged scalper.

I truly hope that SS continues with these high ES numbers just because it upsets guys like you. :lol

You're NOT a true collector. You're someone who is buying something hoping that they can sell it later for an inflated price.

Sort of like a mentally challenged scalper.

I truly hope that SS continues with these high ES numbers just because it upsets guys like you. :lol

TRUE collectors go after the rare sought after pieces of they also like. :monkey1

I mean seriously.. I'm not going to collect something just because it has value? I collect pieces that I like, I just like to collect the rare sought after pieces that I like. Get it!

There's nothing wrong with that. Damn, thats what makes this whole collecting thing fun is seeing the pieces you bought become sought after and go up in value. Yeah, enjoying them on your shelves fun but you cant deny that feeling of owning a rare piece.

It is stupid to go into a limited collectible business and not expect to have people who like having rarity in the hobby. I don't care about that but at least I understand and respect the concept. If edition size is so high and no exclusive make it much cheaper. If these were not limited edition we will be paying much less.

It is nice to own rare pieces but, a true collector collects because he/she is passionate about art and not worried if the piece is going to go up in value. Appreciation is just a perk.

Chaver, point me to your collection thread. I must see this collection of rare pieces.

It is nice to own rare pieces but, a true collector collects because he/she is passionate about art and not worried if the piece is going to go up in value. Appreciation is just a perk.

Chaver, point me to your collection thread. I must see this collection of rare pieces.

I'm just getting back in the game. Just have a few pieces right now. But, I did just pick up the Gamorrean guard bust from Darth Waller. That piece has an ES of 300. Way to go on that one Sideshow!

Back