Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the cm...sculpted by paul komoda...funny thing is he.s usually gigers choice for sculpting ...gigers people didn't know this before getting him to signofgf

I love the cm...sculpted by paul komoda...funny thing is he.s usually gigers choice for sculpting ...gigers people didn't know this before getting him to signofgf

Good to know, I really can't afford alien cm for the market price at this moment, warrior and big chap together is easier way to go.

Thanks FYI :clap

I pre-ordered this the hour it came up thinking it would be sold out, but I'm not sure if Sideshow gauged the edition size off of pre-orders or if they didn't mention it intentionally to try and drum up more business for it.

Guess I underestimated the interest for the piece maybe! I still think it looks fantastic so I don't mind paying full price for it.

I pre-ordered this the hour it came up thinking it would be sold out, but I'm not sure if Sideshow gauged the edition size off of pre-orders or if they didn't mention it intentionally to try and drum up more business for it.

Guess I underestimated the interest for the piece maybe! I still think it looks fantastic so I don't mind paying full price for it.

The edition size was TBD when it came out, then they took into account how many orders came in and made an edition size way larger than that a few weeks later.

In retrospect the 1050 Predator Maquette owners aren't doing too bad these days with demand the way it is for that piece. It had free world wide shipping back in the day too. With more collectors in the market, and the Alien license having pretty much equal appeal to Predator, the size of the edition is good. Sux there is no ex but not as hard as some whingers on this board.

The reason ES size and appreciation matters to me is, is I"m able to justify my purchases of $800 statues !!! Because they, at a minimum, hold their value and because in most cases, they appreciate.

SS needs to understand that and strike the balance, that so many manufacturers couldn't, between profit and exclusivity. Everyone wins.

As for Big Chap, I like it, will be getting it, and I think a year after the sell out, they will hold their own.

The reason ES size and appreciation matters to me is, is I"m able to justify my purchases of $800 statues !!! Because they, at a minimum, hold their value and because in most cases, they appreciate.

SS needs to understand that and strike the balance, that so many manufacturers couldn't, between profit and exclusivity. Everyone wins.

As for Big Chap, I like it, will be getting it, and I think a year after the sell out, they will hold their own.

Sideshow is concerned with profit...as are all companies.

They need to sell enough to justify even making this.

If they can sell more, then of course the ES is going to go up, so that they can make more money.

Exclusivity is a by product, nothing more.

Very true, if these were not limited edition, the prices wouldn't be that crazy. Start making too many, and they are just not worth that particular price anymore. Then they should start dropping the price, but as long as people buy they will keep raising both ES and price.

I ordered it as soon as it came up. I suppose people collect for different reasons, I collect these statues because there works of art of some of my favorite characters. I could care less about the edition size, but to each there own. Im just glad to have some BadA$$ Alien pieces, bring on the Queen SideShow!!!

I ordered it as soon as it came up. I suppose people collect for different reasons, I collect these statues because there works of art of some of my favorite characters. I could care less about the edition size, but to each there own. Im just glad to have some BadA$$ Alien pieces, bring on the Queen SideShow!!!
I hope we see her at SDCC...

I want to get this statue, but I just can't because of the pose. The Big Chap is my second favorite Alien though, so I really want it...

I guess I'll just wait for the Queen Hive Dio.

notice that they changed the fingers

bigChap.png

Back