Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone ordered or is going to order a case for this. Do you think 17x16x30 would be the best size?

Mine has been shipped from SS and should be here Tuesday. Cannot wait.

Has anyone ordered or is going to order a case for this. Do you think 17x16x30 would be the best size?

I have a case for mine, but haven't put him in it to see how it looks cause I got a break on my Alien. One of the 2 ankle spikes came broken on the left leg, with no piece in the styrofoam box, so unless I get a good partial refund, I will prolly be going for a replacement. Other then the small break, no complaints from me.

Looks Great. Does anybody also have the CM Alien just curious what piece you think is better and why?
I have the CM and dont feel I need this, But I am tempted

Nice to know that most here seem to like it.It sucks that some have had QC issues already.Some of the paint apps do look a little weak and the hands still look off.

Well I guess that's "high-end" chinese collectibles for yah:yess:!

I think the "sloppy" paint was meant to be that way. They tried to give it texture. Similar to the proto paint app.. The factory just doesn't have the skill or the time to do a pro paint job.

Looks Great. Does anybody also have the CM Alien just curious what piece you think is better and why?
I have the CM and dont feel I need this, But I am tempted

I'm kinda in the same boat. Though, I already know that I like my CM more. The paint isn't as complex but, it's more accurate and made of better quality.
I'll still like Sideshow's and will probably get one. It will be easier to decide if it's a keeper when I have it in front of me.

awesome video.......i think paint is supposed to be like than anyone has cleaner verion than this ?? or everybody is getting him like this

How tall is this?

Sideshow's page says 28". Is that accurate? I trying to determine if this will fit in my display case.

Next to a 1/4 Superman. This thing is huge.
eb4a2f4a.jpg

Thanks FuryStorm and No Gears for answering my question earlier about the color on the tail. :hi5: I guess everyone else's tail is a lil' more brown then the rest of the body. I still dunno why that is but, I'm happy that it's not a defect.

Oh and Big Chap is 28" tall w/ the base (Base is 1 3/4" tall)

Also, I think the "sloppy" paint was done on purpose to give Big Chap some texture, so to speak. I actually like the fact that his paint looks different then the other 1/4ths (Dog,Queen, and Warrior) it makes him stand out. It kinda reminds me of the CM Alien w/ the "peeling skin" look. Pretty awesome IMO. :exactly:

I think the "sloppy" paint was meant to be that way. They tried to give it texture. Similar to the proto paint app.. The factory just doesn't have the skill or the time to do a pro paint job.

I'm kinda in the same boat. Though, I already know that I like my CM more. The paint isn't as complex but, it's more accurate and made of better quality.
I'll still like Sideshow's and will probably get one. It will be easier to decide if it's a keeper when I have it in front of me.

The mona lisa looks like a crappy paint job up close..

Back