Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pictures Fremen. It looks like the production pieces live up to expectations:yess: Looking forward to getting mine soon.

This piece is truely awesome!
At very beginning, I was not that keen on the pose, but now, it maybe the most suitable pose for A1. Just vicious!

He came out good. I love the dome. I'm still waiting to see if Sideshow releases an Alien LSB. I want one to pair with the Predator LSB and if they can make the dome look just as good as this one, I'll be happy. If they don't get around to an Alien LSB line, then this would be second choice.

Pinhead PF first though, then I'll consider getting this one. I'm sure it'll be around for a while from Sideshow.

sorry for bad lighting will try in daylight tomorrow

He looks really... muddy and matte. The prototype picture seemed to have a lot more points of interest in the paint work, seemed a bit more contrast between slimey and muted and the detailing around the mouth looked better. Maybe it's just the poor lighting in these pics. So far, I am glad I didn't fork out the $900 for this. Maybe some more pictures and video reviews will change my mind.

Reminds me of this guy:

split_second.gif

Heres some outdoor pics in bad weather but should be ok. The paint nowhere near as smooth and clean as the alien warrior but still a must imo.

Mine's out for delivery! :panic:

Only problem is, I have to leave for work in one hour. And that's putting it off for an hour too...

:(

Just opened mine. Dang, this thing is huge!

The box was damaged by a 3 inch protrusion on a lower side (thanks UPS!), but the statue was fine on the inside. Assembly was fairly easy, but getting the tail in place was a bit trickier than I expected.

All in all, this is a masterpiece. I'm just not sure where to put it for the time being as I purchased this for a future home or office, not my current dwelling or workplace. Clearly this is a first-world problem, as an old friend of mine recently said.

Is it just me or did anyone else notice that his tail looks really brown compared to the rest of his body?

I know that there are a lot of brown highlights on the front of his body, etc. but, his tail seems really brown compared to the rest of him. The paint transition from his butt to his tail looks a bit off too me.

Other than that I'm extremely happy with him. It was a tight squeeze getting him to fit between my 1/4 Queen bust and 1/4 Warrior but, he's in there! Now my quadrilogy is finally complete. :woo

Oh and the pose really isn't as bad as I thought it would be. It really matches great next to the other 1/4ths from SS.

Is it just me or did anyone else notice that his tail looks really brown compared to the rest of his body?

I know that there are a lot of brown highlights on the front of his body, etc. but, his tail seems really brown compared to the rest of him. The paint transition from his butt to his tail looks a bit off too me.

Other than that I'm extremely happy with him. It was a tight squeeze getting him to fit between my 1/4 Queen bust and 1/4 Warrior but, he's in there! Now my quadrilogy is finally complete. :woo

Oh and the pose really isn't as bad as I thought it would be. It really matches great next to the other 1/4ths from SS.

:clap Congrats do u think SS will Make 1/4 Alien line again i got big Chap i mean still not received but i will get soon. i really want alien line in 1/4 scale to match with big chap

Back