Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fizzle out? It blew up like a firecracker in a dog turd! :lol

With the time that has gone by, I am contemplating getting a reg and just gambling. :banghead I was so back-and-forth with this. I don't mind the teeth not being true chrome, but why do they actually have to look like they were shaped by a hungover person using a spoon? And then someone who was still drunk painted them...

With the time that has gone by, I am contemplating getting a reg and just gambling. :banghead I was so back-and-forth with this. I don't mind the teeth not being true chrome, but why do they actually have to look like they were shaped by a hungover person using a spoon? And then someone who was still drunk painted them...

I would try one. If you luck out and get a good one they can be very nice. If not there is always the Maquette or 1/6 if you want a nice Chap.

I'm also tempted to get a regular also as I wanted this thing so badly and still have a sour taste in my mouth. I kept my plaque and EX box so I could easily make it an EX as the base plates simply pull off. But I've had two of these already, one was piss poor and the other can't be put into words it was so bad. Is it really worth the risk, I don't know.

They out of returns already?

SMILEYRimshot-1.gif

Well, after reading the last 150 or so pages of this thread, I have to say, I'm very apprehensive about giving this a try. I think I'm going to though because I really, really want one of these in my collection and I just can't afford (or find) the Sano. I figure if I don't get lucky, the worst thing that happens is I have to return it. It seems to be the general consensus that SS is selling the returns at this point, which given the terrible customer service I have received lately wouldn't surprise me. Given that info, would the recommendation be to try getting one from SS or should I get one from BBTS? Cost will be the same either way. Maybe I won't get a reject from BBTS? What do you all think??

I wanted this badly too and had this in my cart ready to go, but decided not to be stupid this piece it seems everybody had issues with it, the odds of getting a good one are very slim I decided not to put up with ss and the whole process of returning and so on. It's a headache waiting to happen. But believe me I wanted it, and almost convinced myself what you were thinking. But the people have spoken...

ONLY way "I" would take a chance on this, is if I planned on customizing it and if I found a (really good) deal on a damaged one.

ONLY way "I" would take a chance on this, is if I planned on customizing it and if I found a (really good) deal on a damaged one.

Good luck getting that dome of to customise one, it is thick as anything and brittle. Given most of the issues are related to the dome area, this one is near impossible to fix. I do wish they had left it loose.

Back