Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shirt is already a 404.

Also, fixed...
2015-03-27_2108.png

Aright, what's going on here? Was this not a "limited" edition of 2,000 pieces for the standard version? Because it looks like they're taking pre-orders for a new batch coming out in June. I noticed the same thing with the Aliens Warrior version (new batch due out sometime this month). They sell out, then they're magically on sale again. So does "limited edition of 2,000 pieces" mean, "limited to 2,000 pieces until we decide to make 2,000 more and still call it a limited edition"? Or are these batches still well within the edition size limit? I'm confused.

I thought it a little odd when I recieved my standard version last Thursday that it was 02 out of 2000, considering they've been on sale for some time. Beautiful though. Not one problem with it. The teeth even had a great paint job. I covered them with Bear Metal Chrome Foil, easy to do, and there you have it, chrome teeth. Foil was only $6 so you can't beat that for such an easy solution to the silver painted teeth that come with the bust.
Really love the thing.

Nice score on the low ES, never seen one that low before. And congrats on getting a decent one of these, so many of us didn't!

I thought it a little odd when I recieved my standard version last Thursday that it was 02 out of 2000, considering they've been on sale for some time. Beautiful though. Not one problem with it. The teeth even had a great paint job. I covered them with Bear Metal Chrome Foil, easy to do, and there you have it, chrome teeth. Foil was only $6 so you can't beat that for such an easy solution to the silver painted teeth that come with the bust.
Really love the thing.

Would love to see photos of those teeth. :naughty

Same here.

Unfortunately imperfections come right through the chrome foil, but only if your right up on it, do you see it. Need to do a black wash to darken between the teeth. You can see the dull silver on the inner jaws.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 472
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 421
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 421
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 414
I think the teeth look great! I may have to give it a try on mine, especially if it's easier than painting them (which I'm not brave enough to try). I don't look at my collectibles super up close anyway so I don't think any imperfections would bother me. They look silver and that's what I was hoping to get in the first place.

It's pretty easy to apply. Just check out the You Tube videos. It's actual metal, you can even see the red of the chairs reflecting onto the teeth in the extreme close up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 412
I received my bust, i bought from another collector. It has a little paint chip in one side but the rest it´s perfect.

Do you know what paint i could use?

IxxG_9345.jpg
IMG_9sdsd319.jpg
IMG_9357x.jpg
IMGdssd_9323.jpg
IMG_9348xx.jpg

Paint chip:

IMGsdsd_9321.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_dsds9335.jpg
    IMG_dsds9335.jpg
    352 KB · Views: 309
Is it that tiny little spot on the tubing? As it is such a small area, I would just dry brush some black paint on. By dry brushing, I mean put some black paint on a smal brush, wipe it all off, wipe it off some more... then when you think it's all gone, wipe it once more. Then take that brush, and brush it over the area. You may think it isn't doing anything at first but gradually you will see it build up slowly and cover the chip. You can then do the same with some light grey if you wish to blend it in. As for type of paint, it doesn't really matter tbh, Tamiya do some nice acrylics in cheap little pots. Go for an off black or a very dark grey to begin with though, a deep pure black might stand out too much.

EDIT: in fact, looking again, that area has heavy grey weathering, so I'd start with a medium grey and go from there.

And seeing pictures of this thing makes me sad... Is it worth risking a regular version?

And seeing pictures of this thing makes me sad... Is it worth risking a regular version?

SS replaced my EX with a regular version and the regular one was much better. I still think you're taking a huge risk with this piece buying it unseen. Though at least with SS you can gamble and see about getting a replacement if it arrives damaged.

Is it that tiny little spot on the tubing? As it is such a small area, I would just dry brush some black paint on. By dry brushing, I mean put some black paint on a smal brush, wipe it all off, wipe it off some more... then when you think it's all gone, wipe it once more. Then take that brush, and brush it over the area. You may think it isn't doing anything at first but gradually you will see it build up slowly and cover the chip. You can then do the same with some light grey if you wish to blend it in. As for type of paint, it doesn't really matter tbh, Tamiya do some nice acrylics in cheap little pots. Go for an off black or a very dark grey to begin with though, a deep pure black might stand out too much.

EDIT: in fact, looking again, that area has heavy grey weathering, so I'd start with a medium grey and go from there.

Thanks so much for your quick answer. I dont know if i will do it fine. If you were me, you will do it or leave it with The paint chip?.

Seeing all The problems that i saw with this bust i think i was lucky.

I'd go for it, you could even use a water based paint if you like, that way you can wash it off if you aren't happy with the results first time around. Or just practice on a piece of scrap first.

Despite all of my display plans solidly counting on me not getting this, I was still hoping that the latest batch of Regs would at least be showing a consistent improvement in QC. Really sad to see this piece fizzle out like this. *tear flies into the wind*

Back