Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first one was, not sure about the second. That first one is the big Alien 3 Maquette. The second looks like AVP aliens, but has Aliens 2 on the base.

The first one has been modified, (by Sano, I think?), the Sideshow one looks nowhere near as good as that.

Edit: Realise he probably knows this anyway.

Wow, got my Big Chap today and the paint was TERRIBLE. Easily returning it. The teeth were so sloppy that my 8 year old could have done a better job. Plus a couple were not even painted and other chipped. Awful.

Overall the detail of this piece pales compared to other Sideshow Alien pieces. Shame.

Wow, got my Big Chap today and the paint was TERRIBLE. Easily returning it. The teeth were so sloppy that my 8 year old could have done a better job. Plus a couple were not even painted and other chipped. Awful.

Overall the detail of this piece pales compared to other Sideshow Alien pieces. Shame.

The recent repaint pics of the Warrior over in that thread show some pretty crazy detail in the sculpt. I think it's time someone started offering an official repainting service for collectibles. :rotfl

Mine was REALLY bad. It looked like someone took a silver paint brush about an inch across and just painted all of the teeth and gums silver and then decided to chip the paint off half of them. Wow. Embarrassing for Sideshow. The inner mouth/tongue is even worse....

I'm still waiting to hear back about a solution for mine, had to take it out again for pictures today, it is so unbelievably bad! This was my dream piece of last year, and now even I couldn't care less, I just don't want to lose money through a refund. I never did get the £60 from my P1 bio back, adding this to that tally would send me over the edge!

I'm still waiting to hear back about a solution for mine, had to take it out again for pictures today, it is so unbelievably bad! This was my dream piece of last year, and now even I couldn't care less, I just don't want to lose money through a refund. I never did get the £60 from my P1 bio back, adding this to that tally would send me over the edge!

?!? - import duties?

Yeah, they don't make it easy, still trying. William responded tonight about my Big Chap (The Alien bust) Sent some pictures off, hopefully he will get it resolved.

I repainted and glossed the teeth on my bust. They where as good as they would get, but I just did a little tidying up, and added a high gloss to them. Looks better in the flesh to be honest.

DSC_4385.JPG

DSC_4386_01_01.JPG

DSC_4379_01.JPG

I really hate to say it...

But looks at those repainted pics...man the details on the piece/sculpt overall are really weak.

Not much detail. Everything seems to rounded off / soft. I think my teeth can bite/cut into things better than their can.

And...:horse
Love how the clip on tendons do not even sit flush on/around the chin/side of the lower jaw area...

Sorry, just so disappointed in the last 4 releases, for both Pred (both masks) and Alien (both bust) line.

Sideshow sent me a $60 check in the mail. Seriously. I was supposed to get a $60 credit on my R2-D2 order from the Big Chap fiasco. They forgot to add my credit to R2. So I asked them to credit my card. Instead of doing that, they sent me a check! :lol

Sideshow sent me a $60 check in the mail. Seriously. I was supposed to get a $60 credit on my R2-D2 order from the Big Chap fiasco. They forgot to add my credit to R2. So I asked them to credit my card. Instead of doing that, they sent me a check! :lol

That's crazy. I've never heard of them sending a check to someone before. You'd think it'd be easier to just credit the card, unless it's cheaper to send the check if they've got to pay a fee for the credit transaction. I'm not sure how that works.

That's crazy. I've never heard of them sending a check to someone before. You'd think it'd be easier to just credit the card, unless it's cheaper to send the check if they've got to pay a fee for the credit transaction. I'm not sure how that works.
In my experience with credit card processing, the fee to just transmit a charge or credit is very small. I'm talking pennies. But the percentage fee (which varies by vendor and credit card company (Visa/MC/Amex etc)) would be removed for a credit. So if they typically pay 2.5% to Visa, then they would have saved $1.50 by simply crediting the $60 charge, since they no longer would have to pay that 2.5% processing fee. So they did lose money by not crediting the card. Granted, it's a small amount of money, but if they did that regularly, it would all add up. Still seems strange...

Back