Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dr, How did the Warrior's teeth turn out?

The inner mouth was bad and SS sent me a replacement. I decided to practice my painting skills on the spare since they never asked for it back.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419627298.541930.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419627298.541930.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 377
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419627364.120877.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419627364.120877.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 375
Big chap was worse and Michael at SS could only offer me $40 credit for this

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419627801.468281.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419627801.468281.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 372
Some people only got that for substantial damage, I'm surprised they gave you a credit for the teeth, they are all bad so well done. I weathered the teeth on my warrior but ended up removing it as I liked the clean metal look more.

Well I guess I shouldn't complain about it. Still ridiculous nonetheless. Iv read people saying they'd pay extra for better QC. Should never come to that. I recently bought something from BBTS and they had a $5 extra option for better care and packaging? SS will eventually take our money for "better QC".

So... Just finished a very close inspection of my big chap. All things being said, I love this bust. I picked it up through a retailer for a mind blowing $340 shipped! I really can't complain. Here are some general thoughts:

- The mouth was painted carelessly. I just ordered some chrome paint to re-finish the teeth. I'm going to clean up the sculpt and get the teeth looking the way they should. I'll post some photos when it's done.

- I did find the rear-right part of the jaw tendon had cracked. It was easy to re-glue, and you can't even see the seam. No big deal.

- My dome is in really good shape. I found two small fingerprints on the inside, but they're almost invisible. I did see a bit of goo where they filled the seam in the front, but it's not really noticeable.

- The ex plaque & base of the LSB needed more paint detail. Really plain, but I'll be fixing that soon enough.

- Nit-picky stuff aside, this bust displays AWESOME.

So... Just finished a very close inspection of my big chap. All things being said, I love this bust. I picked it up through a retailer for a mind blowing $340 shipped! I really can't complain. Here are some general thoughts:

- The ex plaque & base of the LSB needed more paint detail. Really plain, but I'll be fixing that soon enough.
You got the EXCLUSIVE version through a retailer??? I wonder how that happened... You scored a great deal for sure!

Hey guys, hope the holidays have been great for everyone. Just wanted to share what my awesome wife got me for Christmas.

14BA54_Alien-Diaries-Book.jpg

She knows me well.
If Giger hadn't passed this year (actually on my birthday :( ) I would have tried to make the trip to Gruyére to have it autographed.

Very cool gift!

I still haven't heard back from Sideshow about why the EX is for sale and I was told there were no replacements and the regular version was my only option.

It makes no sense that their saying they have no ex replacements. The nameplate is not even numbered. They just need to replace the bust and throw in a nameplate. And if they tell you they dont have them thats bs. Because they just sent me one.

I bet Sideshow made sure to triple-check that bust for him to make sure it didn't have defects. I wonder how many they had to look at before they found one that was acceptable.

They said they didn't have a replacement for me, and this POS is the best one they had available.

Done with sideshow. First and last purchase.

Re: Alien Legendary Scale Bust

Has anyone painted their Big Chap teeth with chrome paint ? I'm looking forward to pictures.

Back