Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Alien Legendary Scale Bust

Not an Alien collector (though i am a fan). I had heard about the QC on this thing on FB so came to check it out. Can't believe the crap you guys got sent, so sorry. Makes me :gah:

This was the first piece I've ordered from Sideshow that had serious issues when it arrived. Running out of replacements for the EX and telling me I had to get a regular version instead was annoying. Them finding more EX versions all of a sudden and putting them on the site as in stock really pissed me off. If I haven't gotten a response by the beginning of next week I'm guessing that means they're just ignoring the email I sent asking for an explanation.

It's crazy that they suddenly have them for sale again. I honestly don't know how people continue to do business with them when they treat customers so poorly. I could write a list of their dodgy practices that I've observed in the short time I've been collecting. It's even worse that people vow to never deal with them again, then they'll post a few days later all like "But she's got a new hat!!"

Video in case anyone doesn't get the reference - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaOgZwk9rN8

With all the stuff I've bought from Sideshow I think I've been really lucky. Big Chap was the first piece I sent back. If I continually received damaged/defective items I'd have to seriously reconsider sticking with collectibles made by Sideshow. Crossing my fingers that it doesn't get to that point.

I do feel bad for the CS people having to deal with irate customers all day, everyday. It's not their fault SS has no QC standards at all but at the price we're paying for these collectibles the sloppy final result is unacceptable. It must cost less to have bad QC and make people return/destroy the bad peices than tightening up their QC which only antagonizes and disillusions collectors.

Come on SS, step it up. I watched a video documentary about XM the other day and the 3 owners inspect each and every item they produce. They go to the factory every 2 weeks and look at each piece, put little post-it notes pointing out every flaw so it is fixed. When the items are shipped from China to singapore they do the paint and touch-ups and again inspect every item before it is packaged. Now that is quality control. Sideshow are a much bigger company and have the means to do the same.

Sideshow used to have passion, that's how they became so big.
Now? It's just another big business there to make money.

Sad... But it is true!

VERY true.

They were always a company trying to make money - what company doesn't want to make profit - but they "jumped the shark" some time back and have totally lost sight of the fact that they need to balance making money with treating customers properly . . .

. . . or that profit will start to decrease.​

This was the first piece I've ordered from Sideshow that had serious issues when it arrived. Running out of replacements for the EX and telling me I had to get a regular version instead was annoying. Them finding more EX versions all of a sudden and putting them on the site as in stock really pissed me off. If I haven't gotten a response by the beginning of next week I'm guessing that means they're just ignoring the email I sent asking for an explanation.

If they are soldout than back in stock again 99% of the time are b stocks from customer returns, they just hope the next sucker will live with the flaws. Considering the amount of issues this bust has, it's not surprising.

The other reason an item comes back in stock is they produces more than one batches, but the item will be WL only not soldout, and have a very large ES in the thousands.

In big chap case, it definitely look like the latter, I would inspect very carefully if you decide to order now.

I received my exclusive replacement today. No broken mouth tendons this time and the dome appears to be in good shape. It's a keeper. The sculpting and painting of the teeth could be better but it looks like that's true for all of them produced. It's an impressive bust if you can get one that isn't damaged or has major flaws. It's also unfortunate that the quality control was so lacking with this piece. Good luck to those of you still trying to get replacements.

Got a response to my email today.

Thank you for your email. Please know that at the time of your inquiry we did not have replacements available. Had we had the replacements available to ship out to you, we would have offered you a full replacement. We do apologize for the inconvenience. Please know that you where refunded in full and should you wish to re-order the item we would be able to send out a new Alien Big Chap-Bust.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you so much and have a super day!
Best regards,

Belén Moreno

It's what I was expecting to hear but I'm still irritated I was told there were no EX replacements and none available to order so I got a regular to replace it, and then 2 weeks later the EX is available.

Received my 2nd BC EX. I did return the 1st one, and this is the 2nd one purchased after they went back in stock.
Will open it in a bit, however the box is weird - All the original Sideshow print is taped off with masking tape.
Never had anything like that received before except a figure won in a contest.
This one is # 146/750

It also included this letter inside the artbox, so now I'm really curious!

20150105_163747_zps2a098f1e.jpg
20150105_164925_zps35129402.jpg

Last edited:
OK. It's open.
Looks good - No broken tendons, no chips or cracks, and the gloss is applied all over, including the base which looks great. No gaps between the dome and the head!!! ( :thud: )
2 very minor issues - Too my taste, bit too much overspray on the dome, and something that looks as an excess of poly or pain on the back of the shoulder. It's not a crack, just an extra layer ( Last pic ).
All in all, he's a total keeper!
Sorry for the washed out pics. Using my cell, and I suck at taking pics :(
20150105_170833_zps8bab7a50.jpg
20150105_170618_zps8d4b0afc.jpg
20150105_170612_zps3d4ca9c0.jpg
20150105_170741_zps55b66e88.jpg
20150105_170735_zps6f37b413.jpg

Finally finished painting teeth. It's not perfect but huge improvement imo. I love the new look!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420507809.791612.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420507809.791612.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 215
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420507818.886137.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420507818.886137.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 240
Back